Similarities in Islam & Christianity

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ho hum

and over HERE someone wants to know who invented the Trinity

coincidence? you decide

multiple accounts...always possible

at any rate, allah is not God.
 
Do I blame Christianity for American & british bombing of Muslim countries for their oil?


well how would we know? you can state anything you want

but please don't state yours is a religion of peace...I've examined the Koran...it's a bloody world domination political system...and when I say bloody, I mean it in the sense of the word...I am not swearing
 
I am sure Jesus ( peace be on him) teaches us all to respect your neighbours and even your enemies. What you are saying is strictly against teachings of Jesus. I can cherry pick lot of posts from anti Christian sites but i know that's not any good.
Telling the truth about Mohammed is not strictly against the teachings of Jesus. You lie.
 
Do I blame Christianity for American & british bombing of Muslim countries for their oil?
Who cares what you blame ... America is not the church ...Its a government of men . And the middle east is a mess because of islam..not because of the western nations.
 
Ok bud your quoran says you are allowed to lie to us ''kuffar'' in the name of your God for your own advantages, instructs you to literally slaughter us and you wanna tell me we aint enemies??

What are you doing here!? Did you really think we dont know how you are? Sneaking and coming into our chatrooms advertising your Religion? I hope the mods ban you

Firstly where in Quran does it say that? Second, If there is a lie in the post please point out !
 
when Trump or Cruz becomes president ..you guys will learn to fear your god again ..and learn the fear of the True God.
 
Firstly where in Quran does it say that? Second, If there is a lie in the post please point out !

Oh I believe its already posted multiple times. besides we may believe in one God but theyre NOT the same.
Qur'an 8:30—And (remember) when the unbelievers plotted deception against you (O Muhammad), to imprison you, or kill you, or expel you. They plotted deception, but Allah also plotted deception; and Allah is the best of deceivers.​
And our bible says that Satan is the deceiver so now we know who your God is.
2. Your quoran states that Jesus was a Prophet. and your not allowed to call him the son of god anyway..
The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)
3. Your book says Jesus was created.
The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be." And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)
6. Dont even get me started on your 72 virgin and no woman thing.
9 and 10. you aint waiting on Jesus your waiting on the last prophet which depending if your Chia or Suni you believe its the Mardhi or someone else but not Jesus.
 
I am not trying to force my belief, reason for the post is to not argue on the differences but to be cherish the similarities :)

And Mohammad is more sinful than Jesus in the Koran so Mohammad I won't follow.
 
I have to say I'm a little bit surprised by the very hostile reactions here. They seem hostile to me, anyway. It's important to remember there are some peaceful Muslims who don't want to kill anyone.

Peaceislove, I'm not sure what your intenion was when you made this topic but if it was to promote a kind of harmony between people of different faiths and whatnot, I can respect that even if I don't entirely agree with it.

I won't try to force you or anyone else to become Christian and hope in return you won't try to force me or anyone else to become Muslim. I will try to keep an open mind, though. Thanks for trying to spread a message of peace and tolerance if that's what you were trying to do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JesusLives
I have to say I'm a little bit surprised by the very hostile reactions here. They seem hostile to me, anyway. It's important to remember there are some peaceful Muslims who don't want to kill anyone.

Peaceislove, I'm not sure what your intenion was when you made this topic but if it was to promote a kind of harmony between people of different faiths and whatnot, I can respect that even if I don't entirely agree with it.

I won't try to force you or anyone else to become Christian and hope in return you won't try to force me or anyone else to become Muslim. I will try to keep an open mind, though. Thanks for trying to spread a message of peace and tolerance if that's what you were trying to do.
There are posts in this thread that are not hostile at all, simply a plain stating of the facts as laid out in the very books that Islam holds to be sacred. I suggest you read those posts and educate yourself on what Islam really is. Here is a video for you also:

[video=youtube;wWF8W-RZzeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWF8W-RZzeY[/video]
 
Agreed that there are dissimilarities, that does not mean we need to be enemies.

Differences will never end, that does not mean we need to argue all time.

The only thing that Christianity and Islam have in common is the belief that there is only one GOD.
 
I have to say I'm a little bit surprised by the very hostile reactions here. They seem hostile to me, anyway. It's important to remember there are some peaceful Muslims who don't want to kill anyone.

Peaceislove, I'm not sure what your intenion was when you made this topic but if it was to promote a kind of harmony between people of different faiths and whatnot, I can respect that even if I don't entirely agree with it.

I won't try to force you or anyone else to become Christian and hope in return you won't try to force me or anyone else to become Muslim. I will try to keep an open mind, though. Thanks for trying to spread a message of peace and tolerance if that's what you were trying to do.

Thanks for the support :) i am happy to say that many of my best friends are Christians and we never try to belittle each other :)
 
Hi everyone :)
It's good to know we(Muslims & Christians) share a lot..

1. Belief in One God
2. Belief in Jesus as Messiah or Christ
3. Virgin birth of Jesus with no man's intervention.
4. Belief in Prophets of God.
5. Belief in Angels.
6. Belief in Heaven & Hell.
7. Belief in Afterlife.
8. Belief in Judgement day.
9. Belief in Second coming of Jesus.
10. Belief in Jesus killing the anti-Christ.

Cheers :)

Not the same God.
Not the same Jesus.
Not the same prophets.
Not the same heaven and afterlife.
Not the same Judgement day.

Mohammed was antichrist:
He is the antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

Not even the same direction:
Jesus was tortured - Mohammed was torturing others.
Jesus was killed - Mohammed was killing others.
Jesus never wanted a war - Mohammed was leading many wars.
Jesus lived in a celibacy - Mohammed had a harem.
Jesus had several women as good friends - Mohammed had several women as sex slaves.
Jesus described heaven as the spiritual kingdom - Islam describes heaven as sex with virgins and food and drink.
Jesus said we are to love our enemies - Mohammed said muslims should kill their enemies or enslave them.

Islam and christianity are similar as heaven and hell or black and white are similar.
 
I have to say I'm a little bit surprised by the very hostile reactions here. They seem hostile to me, anyway. It's important to remember there are some peaceful Muslims who don't want to kill anyone.

There are muslims who dont want to kill anyone, yeah. But that doesnt change what their own scriptures state.

Also, it is important to not let someone who comes with a gospel contrary to Christ's come and convince people that their "prophet" is from God, with the answers we need. We should refute anyone who claims that Christ was not who the bible tells He is.
 
Agreed that there are dissimilarities, that does not mean we need to be enemies.

Differences will never end, that does not mean we need to argue all time.

no arguing here and we are not enemies, our enemies (at least at present) are spiritual, however to post things of this nature without complete transparency is deceptive and misleading, it seems to me the truth can afford any and all scrutiny, even welcome investigation, not just general and partial statements that hide the truth....
If you want reasonable dialog that is well but its best not to begin it with misleading and deceptive statements regardless of its intent.
 
I admit I don't know very much about the Muslim religion. I tried reading the Koran, but felt, a short way into it, that it opposed too strongly what Christ preached...so I stopped.

That being said ... I live in a community surrounded by Muslims. A few are aloof, but the majority are friendly and kind to me. They know very well I am Christian ... and yet they are still kind and friendly. I advocate this type of peace and love. It's beautiful.

Discussion of religion and God, however, is something else completely. My belief is that there is only one way to the true and only God and Creator - through Jesus the Messiah. Though I may love and treat those of differing beliefs with respect ... I am convinced that they will find no other way to God but through Christianity.

I pray that God softens your heart and mind to an acceptance of Jesus as Messiah, so that we can enjoy a continued love and peace throughout eternity. :)

Respectfully,
Pamela
 
The Growing Threat of Radical Islamic Terrorism
[video=youtube;ENMriaoUojw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMriaoUojw[/video]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.