So it happened again,,,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sad face for the sad news. My condolences to all who loved this woman. May she rest in peace.

S

Susanna

There’s one thing, amongst other things, that is not taken properly into consideration in police training, and that is the situation when a person is inexperienced with being confronted with the police, or goes into shock when being ordered to freeze etc.

The person will not cooperate and some officers will open fire prematurely.

When you start working as a law enforcement officer you must be aware that you now shall protect and serve.

Opening fire prematurely (trigger happy) can indicate that you’re not cut out for law enforcement.

Sometimes it is your duty to recognize a situation and allow the time for sorting it out.

There’s too many unfit officers as of today.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Military actually has better training as to when and when not to open fire

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Both Mike the Cop and Donut Operator on YouTube have condemned that officer's actions. Neither of them is known to throw fellow LEOs under the bus, but this incident is a definite exception.

L

Locoponydirtman

Texas police are a particular problem, and the over aggressive thing is part of their training.
On this one there is no excuse, hang him.
Unjustifiable homicide, with witnesses in Texas is supposed to get you the express lane to the chair. It's the law, now apply it evenly.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Her eight year old nephew witnessed the shooting. :(

If you watch the video I posted in post #5 you'll see at the end the cop-cam footage shows a gun that was allegedly in the victim's bedroom. The Castle Doctrine in Texas allows a homeowner to defend their home and property with lethal force.

A welfare check doesn't go like that video shows on the officer body-cam. He never announced himself. He pointed his flashlight into the window of the house without saying a word. He never announced himself prior to yelling the order , show me your hands, as he shot near simultaneously.

If she had a gun in her hand, who can blame her living alone in Texas? A light shines in her house window, the light proceeds around her property to another part of the house outside. If she was armed she had a right to be.

I don't think officers should ever be above the law. Nor for that matter should District Attorney's have Prosecutorial immunity.
There's an wrongly convicted widower in prison in Oklahoma right now who lost his re-trial that was granted based on ineffective assistance of counsel in his first one. Life! For the murdered his wife. The state's start witness the actual murderer and with motive walks free today.

I've known cops and prison guards that should be on the other side of the bars. From the look of that cop-cam footage that officer is one of those.
Again, God rest unto peace the soul of Atatiana Jefferson.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Lord, please heal, bless, protect, and preserve the nephew who witnessed this. Please put people in his life who will share Your love and truth with him.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Texas police are a particular problem, and the over aggressive thing is part of their training.
Unjustifiable homicide, with witnesses in Texas is supposed to get you the express lane to the chair. It's the law, now apply it evenly.
I agree. Strap him to the chair

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
S

Susanna

There’s no “over aggressive thing” being part of Texas police training.

But like I said previously, some people are not mentally equipped for law enforcement.

Based on the facts that have surfaced in the media, and the local gossip, it’s not likely it was premeditated, meaning he’s realistically facing 15-40 years in prison if convicted.

L

Locoponydirtman

There’s no “over aggressive thing” being part of Texas police training.

But like I said previously, some people are not mentally equipped for law enforcement.

Based on the facts that have surfaced in the media, and the local gossip, it’s not likely it was premeditated, meaning he’s realistically facing 15-40 years in prison if convicted.
Bologna, when you get pulled over in Texas, you'd better be able to state your rights and the law, or you will find them violated.
I got pulled over this past weekend, the officer got with in inches of my face as soon as I got my window down, and started his bully tactics. Barking questions like the Gestapo interrogating a spy. Over speeding on the highway. And among the questions he asked was do I have large amounts of cash? There is no limit to the amount of cash a person can legally possess. Was he going to attempt to rob me? He demanded I get out of my truck and then was leaned all the way in looking for a reason to search. I had to tell him to get out of my truck. To which he stomped back and got in my face again. For several minutes I thought I was going to have to defend myself.
He was way overly aggressive, and it's bloody rampant here.

S

Susanna

Bologna, when you get pulled over in Texas, you'd better be able to state your rights and the law, or you will find them violated.
I got pulled over this past weekend, the officer got with in inches of my face as soon as I got my window down, and started his bully tactics. Barking questions like the Gestapo interrogating a spy. Over speeding on the highway. And among the questions he asked was do I have large amounts of cash? There is no limit to the amount of cash a person can legally possess. Was he going to attempt to rob me? He demanded I get out of my truck and then was leaned all the way in looking for a reason to search. I had to tell him to get out of my truck. To which he stomped back and got in my face again. For several minutes I thought I was going to have to defend myself.
He was way overly aggressive, and it's bloody rampant here.
An officer should be acting politely when confronting people, at first.

Unfortunately there will occur situations where a stricter tone is necessary.

I don’t know how you were acting in that particular situation, so I only have your side of the story.

I would have to hear the officers version of the encounter first, if I was his supervisor.

Did he wear a bodycam?

L

Locoponydirtman

An officer should be acting politely when confronting people, at first.

Unfortunately there will occur situations where a stricter tone is necessary.

I don’t know how you were acting in that particular situation, so I only have your side of the story.

I would have to hear the officers version of the encounter first, if I was his supervisor.

Did he wear a bodycam?
Yes he had his body camera on him.
I was rolling down my window I hadn't had time to do or say anything.

L

Locoponydirtman

His instant in my face approach got him the I don't answer questions, I can come and go as I see fit this is America mode, and I am sure not answering questions about how much cash I have on me.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I agree. Strap him to the chair
Such compassion. True example of Christian ethics. Does he get a trial or are you just going to murder him based on news reporting?

What happens when things get worse and the police refuse to respond to calls for help?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Better screening is needed to weed out the mentally unstable officers before hiring them
I don't think all cops are bad but it seems to be a job that attracts these types of powermadd trigger-happy sociopaths.
Or maybe stop training police officers to act as if they're deployed on the streets of Mogadishu