So Your Date Goes to Pay... And He/She Pulls Out a Coupon. What Are You Thinking?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What Would You Be Thinking if Your Date Used an App, Coupon, Gift Card, Etc. When Paying?

• Man, is this person ever cheap!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • If they can't afford dinner, how would they be able to afford a family?

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Maybe this this person is having some hard times?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wow, this person is thrifty!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • This person must be a good steward with their finances.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Good golly, just how big, exactly, IS that coupon book... and can I "borrow" a few...

• If this person is having a hard time paying, maybe I should offer to pay my own way.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wow, are they going to use a gift card to pay for the wedding, too?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I should have brought my own coupon as well, and he/she could have saved twice as much!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other -- Maybe I shouldn't say what I would be thinking, but I'm going to anyways in my post!

• Total voters

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hey they rightfully claim it is 100% beef. They never said a word about how much of a burger is MEAT though. It all comes from SOMEWHERE on a cow...

What? Gotta do something with the testicles. They can't just throw them away can they? When they grind all the bits up real fine you can't tell the difference.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.... My sister eats there all the time. I wouldn't eat their food for all the money in Ft. Knox. lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
So many ways I could respond to this question... and get flak in response.

One relatively safe thought: Frugality is okay with her... at least some of the time.
Ok...i kinda agree..on FIRST FEW DATES ..no coupon..after that..ok...especially if its a more expensive place..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Nope..just not cheap! Lol..remember..im the one that said a great romantic date can be a picnic???
Actually, a picnic is not a bad idea for a great romantic date. Of course, you would have to invite someone who is romantically inclined and open to the idea and possibly brunch later at some cozy secluded spot.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
The college kid Melita would be all about the coupons! We knew where the deals were in town lol.

When husband and I were dating, we didn’t go to fancy places. But if we had coupons, we sho gonna use them lol

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hey they rightfully claim it is 100% beef. They never said a word about how much of a burger is MEAT though. It all comes from SOMEWHERE on a cow...

What? Gotta do something with the testicles. They can't just throw them away can they? When they grind all the bits up real fine you can't tell the difference.
Beef = Cow. 100% Beef = 100% Cow... as in... 100% of the cow. :censored:

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Ok...i kinda agree..on FIRST FEW DATES ..no coupon..after that..ok...especially if its a more expensive place..
Most more expensive establishments around here don't offer coupons or deals. They have good food and people are willing to pay full price for it. Most of the time they are well established too. I usually only get fast food coupons in the mail. I like getting them because they make date nights with my daughter cheaper! Hehe

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
The only thing that would make me raise an eyebrow would be if he was making it really obvious that he was using a coupon. Knowing me though, we'd probably have already discussed stewardship (the kind that nearly crosses over into "obsession", lol), so he could be just making sure I knew that he had listened when I told him that saving money is a good thing to me.

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
He might be careful with his money, hard times maybe but man if your taking out the ladies and know before hand go put in a driveway or something over the weekend and make some money put it in the bank and pay by card..with a nice wallet. Don't bring coupons ILMBO that is sooo funny!

Aug 26, 2018
Good for him or her to use a coupon. Food is food but time with a new friend is priceless. 🙂

Feb 5, 2017
"Next time, we should ask about surplus food, before wasting a coupon!"

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
or take her to costso and feed off the demos?? ;) just saying there you'll save a bunch of money!

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
shooos since I now know you gals don't mind the coupon deal were going to burger king two items for two bucks!(y)