Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
so john,
how do you cook yours?
I'll cook it in water spiced up with more bay, mustard, juniper, black pepper and a few others for about two hours or so. Until it just begins to release the fork with a little wiggle.

Then there's the new potatoes and cabbage...many like the little brussel sprouts...I do too, but they are usually kinda expensive vs just a head of cabbage. So I go the cheapskate route. Simmer those up in boiling water with salt... you can float a piece of bread on top of the pot while gently simmering to help remove some of the sulphur from the cabbage or brussel sprouts.
But I usually don't bother...the horseradish sauce is so offensive that the cabbage seems sweet by comparison. And the creamy red potatoes also helps recover from the sauce.

It's a dinner of contrasting flavors. By the time you are done your palate is in an exhausted state....but oh baby! What a ride!

L

Live4Him

I'm getting warmed up to the idea of St Patrick's Day. Being around the corner..one of my favorite Saints.
If only we could get him back to get rid of the snakes in America we would have it made.

From the nanny state to evil people...I'm ready for the snakes to be gone.

But in the meantime I'm ready for some corned beef.
Your comment about getting rid of the snakes in America reminded me of something that I've been thinking about lately, namely this:

1gadsden.png

This "Gadsden flag", as it is formally known, was designed by Christopher Gadsden in 1775 during the American revolution. Today, it's oftentimes associated with gun rights or certain political parties here in America. Personally, I find the motto on this flag to be very interesting.

Jesus said:

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)

Whereas Jesus gave his disciples "power to tread on serpents", here we see a serpent saying "Don't tread on me".

Seems Satanic to me.

Just saying.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Your comment about getting rid of the snakes in America reminded me of something that I've been thinking about lately, namely this:

View attachment 226305

This "Gadsden flag", as it is formally known, was designed by Christopher Gadsden in 1775 during the American revolution. Today, it's oftentimes associated with gun rights or certain political parties here in America. Personally, I find the motto on this flag to be very interesting.

Jesus said:

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)

Whereas Jesus gave his disciples "power to tread on serpents", here we see a serpent saying "Don't tread on me".

Seems Satanic to me.

Just saying.
When that flag was made some of the symbolism wasn't exactly the same as we think today. And it was scripturally based...just a bit twisted.

Snakes are small but very cunning and sneaky and have a venomous bite that will hurt you. Which is how the American people felt when dealing with the huge British Empire at the time.

There's a lot of good things that came from the Revolutionary war and a lot of things that were evil as well. The colonists weren't exactly angel darlings. They did have a justified complaint against Britain. And King George was a bit of a jerk about it too.
And I also know that the Colonists should have found a different way to fix the problems that they were having. War is a very ugly thing and innocents are always harmed in the process.

And there were innocents on both sides of that war.

You should read Benjamin Franklin's autobiography...it will give you some fascinating insights leading up to the war.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

View attachment 226305

Jesus said:

Seems Satanic to me.

Just saying.

Your post reminded me of this song :D

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021

Your post reminded me of this song :D
Unfortunately they don't make good music like that anymore...
Now the most common word used in music is "I" seconded by "We". And it's annoying. Too self serving IMHO...

L

Live4Him

Under the category of "You can't make this stuff up", AMAZON (who stole thousands of dollars from me) just sent me an email with a job offering attached to it.

Here's part of the message:

At Amazon, we know that many of our workers love the flexibility of an alternative schedule. That’s why we now have immediate openings for Full-Time shifts with benefits.

Complete your application now to find your ideal shift.

:mad:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Under the category of "You can't make this stuff up", AMAZON (who stole thousands of dollars from me) just sent me an email with a job offering attached to it.:mad:
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

If it's not too personal, may I ask what happened as a warning to others, so they know what to look out for?