Spiritual gifts which did NOT cease

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"he is asking for permission to come down and bop you one. "
lol!
Yes, He knows how to deal with each of us! Whatever it takes, He always has the best plan and action.
blessings

S

SophieT

This separating of His sheep from the goats is going on and on.
I had earlier thought it would be a short span of time, seems to me now He is giving everyone an very abundant amount of time to stop leaning on they're own understanding and seek His direction for their every thought word and deed. There will be no excuse when we each stand in judgement for not having given Him first place and knowing Him in relationship.
He Himself has told us there will be some who did signs and wonders in His name yet knew Him not, proving by Jesus own words that the signs and wonders have not and will not cease, unless one decides to claim Jesus is a liar.
blessings in Jesus name to those who are truly His Own

Yeah. God is merciful and not willing that any should perish (die).

6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; Phil. 1:6

Lamentations 3 speaks to me about it all also. The fact His mercies are 'new' every morning. Jeremiah speaks of his dark journey but ends on such a high note of praise and hope it is inspirational. I think that it also speaks of the suffering of Christ (the way David would insert prophecy into a Psalm) Maybe I'm wrong there, but perhaps.

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Annnnd...

No one has done that. No one. Instead of falsely accusing, why don't you offer something of substance?
When our experiences align with the revealed written Word of God, being validated in a way no other source, claim, or person can truthfully deny or expunge, we have found the Truth of God meant for us to discover in Scripture, and our lives are forever, and most likely also drastically, transformed, which fulfills a major purpose of the revealed written Word of God :D

Romans 10:17 + Galatians 3:5 :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
WOW! These are wonderful and timely!
I also am reminded how He is allowing the tares to grow with the wheat until harvest.
bless you SophieT

B

Blackpowderduelist

Wow. Y'all hung up on this.
I say let those who think they are speaking in tongues carry on. Let those who don't also carry on.
I for one would like to hear someone actually speak in tongues. Because even with all the charismatic churches and rallies and conferences I have been to I have never heard anyone speaking in tongues.

S

SophieT

I say let those who think they are speaking in tongues carry on. Let those who don't also carry on.
I for one would like to hear someone actually speak in tongues. Because even with all the charismatic churches and rallies and conferences I have been to I have never heard anyone speaking in tongues.

And who started it all again? Another cessationist. Those who speak in tongues are not the ones starting all these threads. However, I don't see why we should just let it pass either. If you are looking for a reenactment of the book of Acts, I doubt you will find it.

I sure do not have the experience that you do regarding what I hear. Can't say much about that unless it is your perception

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hung up on what? Speaking about speaking in tongues?

My tongue for the most part does not engage in such, neither for nor against.

I would say never, but also say, never say never ;):giggle::geek:

B

Blackpowderduelist

And who started it all again? Another cessationist. Those who speak in tongues are not the ones starting all these threads. However, I don't see why we should just let it pass either. If you are looking for a reenactment of the book of Acts, I doubt you will find it.

I sure do not have the experience that you do regarding what I hear. Can't say much about that unless it is your perception
Who did I point a finger at? Who did I say day was starting all these threads?
When I have witnessed supposed tongue speaking it was followed with false teaching, or false doctrine, or false prophecy. So it's pretty safe to say that they weren't speaking in tongues.

S

SophieT

When I have witnessed supposed tongue speaking it was followed with false teaching, or false doctrine, or false prophecy. So it's pretty safe to say that they weren't speaking in tongues.

Don't be so defensive. You specifically said YOU did not and I said I do not have that experience. So again, I have seen and experienced what you would refer to as 'real'. No worries though. I really do not insist anyone else follows me. The threads on tongues in this forum are over the top.

sheesh

B

Blackpowderduelist

Hung up on what? Speaking about speaking in tongues?

My tongue for the most part does not engage in such, neither for nor against.

I would say never, but also say, never say never ;):giggle::geek:
YES!

Not you but someone you probably know.

I'm dubious about it but not willing to say what God can or will do in a person when it comes to gifts of the Holy Spirit. Maybe there is someone out there speaking in tongues. I don't know everyone.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Don't be so defensive. You specifically said YOU did not and I said I do not have that experience. So again, I have seen and experienced what you would refer to as 'real'. No worries though. I really do not insist anyone else follows me. The threads on tongues in this forum are over the top.

sheesh
Pretty much

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
there is a wealth of guidance on growing in the gifts He made available to us. Ask His and you shall receive, he promised and God keeps His promises.
PM me and I will help as much as I can, my grandson received recently.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
If carnal believers fight it so much it must be of God.

S

SophieT

there is a wealth of guidance on growing in the gifts He made available to us. Ask His and you shall receive, he promised and God keeps His promises.
PM me and I will help as much as I can, my grandson received recently.

I also received right away. Years ago. Alone in my room as a teen ager. Praise God. I could say so many good things about it and that it is real and wonderful, but no reason to invoke more nastiness about it all.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
"Why does the idea of gifts bother some so much that they go to such lengths to deny it?"

If it were not true, valid, and available to His Own today the adversary would not attempt to mislead people to believe it ended and He is not the same, yesterday, today and forever.
Many of us received in the outpouring in the 70's and have stayed to course.
So often discussion of the divine prayer language we are commanded and encouraged to begin with practice is immediately perverted into the public gift, this misses the mark.
We start with a little and if we get that right He gives more, Jesus first recorded miracle was turning water into wine, He grew later to raising Lazarus. The 12 were given the same as He and most grew, Peter grew to where in Acts we learn the people knew if they lay their sick along the path he took to the synagogue.
Judas received the same as the rest yet he choose to be a devil and deny the power Jesus offers His own.
We see that here, today, now, in these threads that deny the gifts and rail against His truth and His gifts, and often as we see here, they misuse His words to deny, just as the devil did to eve in the garden, "did He really say do not eat of the tree?"
blessings
I think some feel their faith is under attack or feel slighted or "less than". But that's very funny, because I've seen people who believe cessationism or think they don't have gifts, display one or several of the 9 gifts, the gifts are there it said given to every man to profit, so they possess it and use it, they just don't even know it, they forget about 7 more gifts that are not tongue related. I'd let them fight the windmills and not waste energy God will sort it all out

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Great to hear! I, too have received the greatest and most profound of His working when alone with Him.
I agree His gifts are not to be strewn as pearls to be trampled.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Because even with all the charismatic churches and rallies and conferences I have been to I have never heard anyone speaking in tongues.
Perhaps you have been going to all the wrong places and been seeking in the wrong ways and for all the wrong reasons.

Romans
10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down [from above]:)
10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

If you want it, just go to him humbly like a child and ask. Let God be God.

S

SophieT

SophieT, Your faith is strong and true.
best wishes
Hah. Not how I perceive it. I only know I cannot not believe. In the middle of all this craziness there must be God who keeps us and holds us tight as the squirming little children we are, so we don't get away.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Some denominations run from it like it is straight from the firepits of Hell. They openly and brazenly mock it. It is amazing how much of this God is tolerating in these Last Days...

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.