This separating of His sheep from the goats is going on and on.
I had earlier thought it would be a short span of time, seems to me now He is giving everyone an very abundant amount of time to stop leaning on they're own understanding and seek His direction for their every thought word and deed. There will be no excuse when we each stand in judgement for not having given Him first place and knowing Him in relationship.
He Himself has told us there will be some who did signs and wonders in His name yet knew Him not, proving by Jesus own words that the signs and wonders have not and will not cease, unless one decides to claim Jesus is a liar.
blessings in Jesus name to those who are truly His Own
When our experiences align with the revealed written Word of God, being validated in a way no other source, claim, or person can truthfully deny or expunge, we have found the Truth of God meant for us to discover in Scripture, and our lives are forever, and most likely also drastically, transformed, which fulfills a major purpose of the revealed written Word of GodAnnnnd...
No one has done that. No one. Instead of falsely accusing, why don't you offer something of substance?
Wow. Y'all hung up on this.
I say let those who think they are speaking in tongues carry on. Let those who don't also carry on.
I for one would like to hear someone actually speak in tongues. Because even with all the charismatic churches and rallies and conferences I have been to I have never heard anyone speaking in tongues.
Hung up on what? Speaking about speaking in tongues?Wow. Y'all hung up on this.
I say let those who think they are speaking in tongues carry on. Let those who don't also carry on.
I for one would like to hear someone actually speak in tongues. Because even with all the charismatic churches and rallies and conferences I have been to I have never heard anyone speaking in tongues.
Who did I point a finger at? Who did I say day was starting all these threads?And who started it all again? Another cessationist. Those who speak in tongues are not the ones starting all these threads. However, I don't see why we should just let it pass either. If you are looking for a reenactment of the book of Acts, I doubt you will find it.
I sure do not have the experience that you do regarding what I hear. Can't say much about that unless it is your perception
Who did I point a finger at? Who did I say day was starting all these threads?
When I have witnessed supposed tongue speaking it was followed with false teaching, or false doctrine, or false prophecy. So it's pretty safe to say that they weren't speaking in tongues.
Wow. Y'all hung up on this.
YES!Hung up on what? Speaking about speaking in tongues?
My tongue for the most part does not engage in such, neither for nor against.
I would say never, but also say, never say never![]()
Pretty muchDon't be so defensive. You specifically said YOU did not and I said I do not have that experience. So again, I have seen and experienced what you would refer to as 'real'. No worries though. I really do not insist anyone else follows me. The threads on tongues in this forum are over the top.
sheesh
That and threads like this.Agree. Unfortunately, Satan's counterfeit is also alive today. This may be the source of many doubts and confusion.
there is a wealth of guidance on growing in the gifts He made available to us. Ask His and you shall receive, he promised and God keeps His promises.Who did I point a finger at? Who did I say day was starting all these threads?
When I have witnessed supposed tongue speaking it was followed with false teaching, or false doctrine, or false prophecy. So it's pretty safe to say that they weren't speaking in tongues.
there is a wealth of guidance on growing in the gifts He made available to us. Ask His and you shall receive, he promised and God keeps His promises.
PM me and I will help as much as I can, my grandson received recently.
"Why does the idea of gifts bother some so much that they go to such lengths to deny it?"
If it were not true, valid, and available to His Own today the adversary would not attempt to mislead people to believe it ended and He is not the same, yesterday, today and forever.
Many of us received in the outpouring in the 70's and have stayed to course.
So often discussion of the divine prayer language we are commanded and encouraged to begin with practice is immediately perverted into the public gift, this misses the mark.
We start with a little and if we get that right He gives more, Jesus first recorded miracle was turning water into wine, He grew later to raising Lazarus. The 12 were given the same as He and most grew, Peter grew to where in Acts we learn the people knew if they lay their sick along the path he took to the synagogue.
Judas received the same as the rest yet he choose to be a devil and deny the power Jesus offers His own.
We see that here, today, now, in these threads that deny the gifts and rail against His truth and His gifts, and often as we see here, they misuse His words to deny, just as the devil did to eve in the garden, "did He really say do not eat of the tree?"
blessings
Because even with all the charismatic churches and rallies and conferences I have been to I have never heard anyone speaking in tongues.
SophieT, Your faith is strong and true.
best wishes
I sure do not have the experience that you do regarding what I hear. Can't say much about that unless it is your perception