Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
when i lived in vegas, i had to pack coolers and cooler bags in my car, and pack my groceries in them, and drive straight home, otherwise, things would melt and become damaged on the way home.

and by "things" i'm referring to sugar free fudgecicles, among other things. : )

on the flip side, i could top up my vitamin d just rolling my trash can to the curb. there's definitely something energizing about all the sunshine, though i realize you had that in FL too.

oh, and hey, a lot less flying bugs!!! : )

p.s. have you tried freezing fruit? i love frozen grapes, cherries, bananas, berries... and they make good "slushies" too...
Frozen grapes are AWESOME! As a kid, I'd put grapes on toothpicks, and wait a bit, then eat them like that. I have a hard time liking cherries, but frozen berries like strawberries are good, though I have to wait for those to thaw (they can get as hard as rocks, and sensitive teeth doesn't allow me to just nibble away).

Last edited:

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
Frozen grapes are AWESOME! As a kid, I'd put grapes on toothpicks, and wait a bit, then eat them like that. I have a hard time liking cherries, but frozen berries like strawberries are good, though I have to wait for those to thaw (they can get as hard as rocks, and sensitive teeth doesn't allow me to just nibble away).

yeah, for cherries and larger berries, i like to cut them in half, and let them sit out for a couple minutes on the counter, as they're just too hard.

yeah, another thing that i really love to do is make homemade "popsicles". i often use kefir or yogurt as a base to mix with whatever fruit i have on hand.

or i'll juice stuff and use it as a base. i recently made some "gingerale popsicles" with fresh ginger and lime that pretty much rock. i'll be making more of those for sure.

another thing i love to do is shove i half a banana in a popsicle mold and then pour some chocolate melted with coconut and then freezing that. if i'm feeling my "inner martha" i'll roll them in coconut flakes and then put them back in the freezer.

this summer i also intend to learn how to make a more delicious (and hopefully as equally healthy) version of my favorite skinny cow sandwich recipe, which is snickerdoodle + cinnamon ice cream.

i love summer yummies.

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
i love summer yummies.
^^^ Summer Yummies? I think Monica is thinking of her past dates.

Although, I'm thinking... A snickerdoodle/cinnamon ice cream sandwich would out-rate any of the dates I've had in the last... Oh, 10 years. You know. All 5 of them.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010

yeah, for cherries and larger berries, i like to cut them in half, and let them sit out for a couple minutes on the counter, as they're just too hard.

yeah, another thing that i really love to do is make homemade "popsicles". i often use kefir or yogurt as a base to mix with whatever fruit i have on hand.

or i'll juice stuff and use it as a base. i recently made some "gingerale popsicles" with fresh ginger and lime that pretty much rock. i'll be making more of those for sure.

another thing i love to do is shove i half a banana in a popsicle mold and then pour some chocolate melted with coconut and then freezing that. if i'm feeling my "inner martha" i'll roll them in coconut flakes and then put them back in the freezer.

this summer i also intend to learn how to make a more delicious (and hopefully as equally healthy) version of my favorite skinny cow sandwich recipe, which is snickerdoodle + cinnamon ice cream.

i love summer yummies.
I've seen a really good, healthy snickerdoodle recipe. I've yet to try it, but they look amazing. You could probably find a way to put less sugar in it.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014

Although, I'm thinking... A snickerdoodle/cinnamon ice cream sandwich would out-rate any of the dates I've had in the last... Oh, 10 years. You know. All 5 of them.

oh kim, i was thinking the other day how much i miss going on a date and feeling those nerves of anticipation, or giddy enthusiasm.

the last date i went on was as perfunctory and thrilling as a visit to my dental hygienist to get my teeth cleaned. i think the highlight was when he shook my hand.

and you all know how uptight i am--i had a really hard time focusing on what he was saying because he talked slower than almost anyone i've ever heard talk, and spoke of his day doing his taxes. not an overview, but the detailed version. i might have passed out for a minute during that diatribe.

i remember quietly vowing to never let someone set me up, EVER AGAIN.

kind of pales in comparison to a warm bath and a decent book. : ) or a skinny cow cinnamon ice cream and snickerdoodle sandwich.

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Monicat,

I see all your pictures of all dem perrrrtttyyy boots.

And I raise you...

One pair of tie-dye, neon-colored sneakers.

Yes, I know the look like something a 15-year-old would wear. But they're my favorite pair, and I love them. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
So I have a pothos plant that I am trying to purposely, painstakingly, and proactively propogate in order to procreate from the parent plant.

So far I've learned that in order for a leaf and stem to successfully sprout roots and grow on its own, you must cut it off below a "joint" or "node"--I personally call it the "knuckle". ("Must. Make Sure. Stem. Has. A Knuckle.")

The surface of one of my end tables is set aside for some water-filled jelly jars with stems and leaves that are in the process of developing roots.

I affectionately call it, "The Breeding Station" (sounds like something out of an Alien movie); "The Incubator" (when I'm feeling scientific); and "The Nursery" (when I'm feeling more motherly.)

And yes. I do talk to my babies when I water them.

May 3, 2013
Monicat,

And I raise you...

Yes, I know the look like something a 15-year-old would wear. But they're my favorite pair, and I love them. :)
Yours looked 7" and, in fact, do not need new shaved socks. ;)

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
Monicat,

And I raise you...

cuuuuute!

i bet they're easy to find in the dark. ; p

p.s. arguably, my "loudest" pair of shoes. take that!!! now, if i only i could play the bagpipes...

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
cuuuuute!

p.s. arguably, my "loudest" pair of shoes. take that!!! now, if i only i could play the bagpipes...
I need to get myself a pair of glittery, neon high-tops.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
cuuuuute!

Let the Footwear Wars Begin!!!

Except... that's all I got.

Those plaid shoes of yours are adorable. And I love whatever socks? Tights? You're wearing with them.

My inner Bad Girl has always craved a pair of tall, so-shiny-you'll-go-blind-from-the-reflection patent-leather lace-boots and fishnet stockings.

The problem is, my inner Good Girl (which always seems to win out) would pair them with a maxi dress.

And then who would even see my cool new boots and stockings?

Plus, I'm only 5'1". Who wants to see an elf in a potato sack and boots?

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
Let the Footwear Wars Begin!!!

Except... that's all I got.

Those plaid shoes of yours are adorable. And I love whatever socks? Tights? You're wearing with them.

My inner Bad Girl has always craved a pair of tall, so-shiny-you'll-go-blind-from-the-reflection patent-leather lace-boots and fishnet stockings.

The problem is, my inner Good Girl (which always seems to win out) would pair them with a maxi dress.

And then who would even see my cool new boots and stockings?

Plus, I'm only 5'1". Who wants to see an elf in a potato sack and boots?
thanks.

it's funny, as a christian, i'm always trying to balance taste and propriety, not to mention modesty. i have wars all the time in my head, actually about what's acceptable. i'm constantly checking my motives, too.

as i've gotten older, i find myself less comfortable with the flamboyance that i used to never think twice about. fashion has always been a passion of mine, but i'm finding it to be far less significant to me than it used to.

maybe i really am growing up???

here's one of my favorite pairs of combat boots, since you mentioned it. combats_details.jpg

oh, and side note: for whatever reason, white fishnets seem to have a far less taboo factor than black. i wear them with boots from time to time.

p.s. i wouldn't mind seeing an elf in boots...just saying. ; p

Last edited:

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I....am a super shopper. Today, I went and got my peppermint tea (FINALLY! I've been wanting some for a day or two.), and it was on sale. Some of my dairy free ICE CREAM (YES I said dairy-free ice cream, Shouryu. Sue me. :p), and the pints were 50 cents off, and there were some dairy free fudge bars deeply discounted because they're going to stop carrying them. So I got the bars and a pint. Then, there was a more natural version of cocoa krispies that was 2 for 4, so I grabbed those. Larabars were on clearance too. I realized I needed wet cat food, and it was 10 cents off of this certain kind. Every single thing I bought was on sale. I ended up saving 8.06 today.

(I think later on) Today, we're going to get some fishy friends for the fish tank. I'll have to see what's on sale there.... :p

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Shoppiiiiiing! I need to go shopping less. I love clothes too much, and dresses - despite my being a tomboy

1still_waters

It's gotta be a full moon tonight...Good grief..

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009

Im actually at McDonald's right now w my tablet and only a dollar away from a hot fudge sundae but I cant get 1 because im trying to lose some weight :p

:confused:
Wait did that like rhyme?

Last edited: