Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shelby_Artist

When you become an adult you become a cynic.

W

Wormwood

You reminded me of a song.

When I was young
It seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle
Oh, it was beautiful, magical

But then they sent me away
To teach me how to be sensible
Logical
Oh, responsible, practical

And then they showed me a world
Where I could be so dependable
Oh, clinical
Oh, intellectual, cynical

My thoughts as well.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
I think as you grow older you become more aware of the brokenness of the world, but it's ultimately up to you what you choose to do with that knowledge. Cynicism is one road, another would be to have a heart to be the hands and feet of Jesus reaching out into the brokenness and praying for its continued redemption.

B

blueorchidjd

I am sitting here listening to Jingle Bells, fast jazz while I am pondering and examining these photographs....
So its quite humorous..

Now I'm done here -_-

Aug 2, 2009
'Normal Barbie' created from national data of average women's measurements

[video=youtube;OfQu8pq0kok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfQu8pq0kok#t=167[/video]

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
10405450_740761222640149_1952582628580493142_n.jpg

All animals deserve a warm place to sleep at night. Bring them inside. ;)

Last edited:
B

blueorchidjd

My dog just came into my room and sat on my foot, this is the life I live here. -_-

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Last night after work I started having flu-like symptoms: Headache, soreness, fatigue. Plus, I had on a hoodie and 3 blankets and still couldn't get warm; feverish. The house was the same temperature it was always at and I'm normally hot-blooded.

I got 9 hours of sleep. Sweated off and broke my fever. Got up this morning to go to work and was super weak. Texted my supervisor that I would be coming in late. Slept another few hours. Made myself get up and get ready for work. I was quite pale (well, more so than normal :)). But there were things I needed to get done, and I still feel behind, especially since I was out Monday as well. My supervisor understands me being out, said I could be out all day if I needed to. But I haaaate missing work, even for a good reason.

My stomach has been bothering me all day. I got to work and was going to get a Powerade from the cafe to help replenish my body, but the cafe was closed due to the company serving Thanksgiving lunch. So instead, I got a Mt. Dew from the soda machine (no Powerades in the machine). I thought it was supposed to be good for the tummy, but that's actually Sprite or Ginger Ale...Mt. Dew definitely did nothing for me. So, today I have had a small bowl of cereal, half a Mt. Dew, and maybe 6 Wheat Thin crackers. I'm forcing myself to eat tomato soup for supper. It's like I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat and I don't feel like eating.

I *know* I'm sick when I don't feel like eating. ;)

The things I probably should eat to help my tummy I do not have. My roommate and I are low on groceries and don't want to buy more since we won't be in this house much longer, and I do not feel well enough or strong enough to go to a grocery store.

I'm glad it is this week, though, and not next week. Next week I travel for Thanksgiving and also do the big move-in to my new house.

Anyway. I feel like all I do is complain here. Sorry, guys.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
On a more positive note, the friend who got fired yesterday already has a job lined up for tomorrow. Someone she got close to where I work managed to get an in for her at another place.

Also positive, here is the wreath I bought on my new houses's door. :)

wreath.jpg

Aug 2, 2009
On a more positive note, the friend who got fired yesterday already has a job lined up for tomorrow. Someone she got close to where I work managed to get an in for her at another place.

Also positive, here is the wreath I bought on my new houses's door. :)

View attachment 92319
When you posted about your friend losing her job I was going to post that maybe God had something better in store for her, but I decided not to because it sounds so cliche. Happy for both of you (for you because u dont have to worry about your friend anymore)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
So I feel like I should explain why I said the BMV is evil and why I'm nearly convinced it's the Devil's lair.

I tried to get my learner's permit renewed today. My dad was working and his work is an hour away. So my sister took me. Retook the test, passed it. Went up to the desk with my sister, told them I passed the permit test. They asked how old I was, told them I was 17. THEN, they asked if I had a parent with me or if my sister was my parent/guardian.
I was so tempted to say, "One is dead, the other is working right now. Which one would you like?" but I sort of froze and told them I had my sister and she's over 21. And they didn't like that. The lady asked my sister (quite condescendingly) if she was ready to take on such a responsibility, because she'd be liable for everything I did. So yeah. I couldn't get my permit renewed today. I have to do it in the morning an hour before I go to work. I go to work at 9 in the morning, the BMV opens at 8. Can we say, Crunch time?

I already feel like I'm one mistake away from being fired before I even start because I gave them an expired permit.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
So I feel like I should explain why I said the BMV is evil and why I'm nearly convinced it's the Devil's lair.

I tried to get my learner's permit renewed today. My dad was working and his work is an hour away. So my sister took me. Retook the test, passed it. Went up to the desk with my sister, told them I passed the permit test. They asked how old I was, told them I was 17. THEN, they asked if I had a parent with me or if my sister was my parent/guardian.
I was so tempted to say, "One is dead, the other is working right now. Which one would you like?" but I sort of froze and told them I had my sister and she's over 21. And they didn't like that. The lady asked my sister (quite condescendingly) if she was ready to take on such a responsibility, because she'd be liable for everything I did. So yeah. I couldn't get my permit renewed today. I have to do it in the morning an hour before I go to work. I go to work at 9 in the morning, the BMV opens at 8. Can we say, Crunch time?

I already feel like I'm one mistake away from being fired before I even start because I gave them an expired permit.

​What is a BMV? it's actually DMV=Department of Motor Vehicles.. :) Never heard it called BMV before..

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
​What is a BMV? it's actually DMV=Department of Motor Vehicles.. :) Never heard it called BMV before..
some states decided to call it the BMV.... Indiana calls it BMV, I call it DMV, when I have to go I go to the ones in the super small towns.. don't have to stand on line forever.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
We call it the Bureau of Motor Vehicles around here.
I'm glad you explained that, Lil, because around here we call it the DMV too.

I was beginning to wonder if it was something like BMV = Bowel Movements (on) Vacation...