Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Do you have old pipes? My grandfather lives in the house that time forgot in Oregon, and during the Winter, he leaves his faucets at a constant drip to avoid the pipes freezing over. Maybe you doing the same would help? (I'm not keen as to how it prevents freezing.)
The water coming out of the main line into the home is approx 55f. As long as there is a minimal flow of water from the faucet dripping the really cold water in the pipe in the wall is being replaced with warmer water from below ground.

JesusMyOnly

Jun 30, 2014
I do enjoy all seasons here and there. Spring flowers and everything growing back in pretty light colours. I enjoy summer evenings, and I love the autumn when the leaves start falling down.

But I'd have to say my most favourite of all is winter. Especially when it brings the freezing tempratures and SNOW! I was never the biggest fan of the sun. Something about colder, gloomy weather for me personally brings some sense of peace. Its fun to roam around and walk, play and run through the snow. Then when I get over heated from all the work out I can lay there in it watching the sky. I love being in the forest seeing the sky through the trees with no leaves, watching the snow fall down. And late at night when the moonlight (and the street lights and porch light XD) reflect off of the snow and you can see the snow falling from the darker sky, so beautiful.

S

ServantStrike

The water coming out of the main line into the home is approx 55f. As long as there is a minimal flow of water from the faucet dripping the really cold water in the pipe in the wall is being replaced with warmer water from below ground.
This is true, assuming the line is buried sufficiently deep enough in the ground, or the main itself freezes up and hilarity ensues (except for the poor guy that has to fix it, his job is pretty miserable).

Ive actually seen a water main freeze up before. It was pretty epic, but I wasn't the guy who had to fix it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
This is true, assuming the line is buried sufficiently deep enough in the ground, or the main itself freezes up and hilarity ensues (except for the poor guy that has to fix it, his job is pretty miserable).

Ive actually seen a water main freeze up before. It was pretty epic, but I wasn't the guy who had to fix it.
Main freezes are pretty uncommon because they are usually placed well below the freeze line

S

ServantStrike

Main freezes are pretty uncommon because they are usually placed well below the freeze line
It usually only happens below a design day.

It was 5 degrees outside last night here, which is unseasonably cold. The frost line is a bit lower than normal.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I do enjoy all seasons here and there. Spring flowers and everything growing back in pretty light colours. I enjoy summer evenings, and I love the autumn when the leaves start falling down.

But I'd have to say my most favourite of all is winter. Especially when it brings the freezing tempratures and SNOW! I was never the biggest fan of the sun. Something about colder, gloomy weather for me personally brings some sense of peace. Its fun to roam around and walk, play and run through the snow. Then when I get over heated from all the work out I can lay there in it watching the sky. I love being in the forest seeing the sky through the trees with no leaves, watching the snow fall down. And late at night when the moonlight (and the street lights and porch light XD) reflect off of the snow and you can see the snow falling from the darker sky, so beautiful.
Do you actually do this? If so...I may have just found a laying-in-the-woods-while-peering-at-the-snowy-sky buddy. :cool:

Not that we have snow in L.A, though...:(

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
How cold is it here?

Well, a picture says a thousand words.

View attachment 95110

:D
How bad is it that the first thing I thought when I saw this picture was "Basic Red Cardinal" playoff of a basic white girl (which I am oh so affectionately called by the worship team at my church.)

thezachattack

Jun 12, 2014
How bad is it that the first thing I thought when I saw this picture was "Basic Red Cardinal" playoff of a basic white girl (which I am oh so affectionately called by the worship team at my church.)
I think you just created a meme! :)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I also win at menu making. I made a two week dinner plan for the fam. A certain fiance might not like it, but yknow....he'll be given two choices - take it or leave it and make your own food.

I just need to do an inventory check tomorrow to make sure we have everything we need.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
I think this means I win at meme-making!

(Neener, Neener, Roh_Chris)

The only reason I am letting you get away with this is because I cannot relate to cold weather. Right now the weather is 82F and I find it cool. This place... *Le sigh*

J

JustAnotherUser

That feeling where you seem to be sinking (or sunk?) over certain decisions that you need to make, knowing the longer you wait then you're in more debt/jeopardy/whatever you want to put here from such thing and that some major changes are having to be made.

I don't mind change much if it's for the good, but... It's complicating, much like this post that nobody will really get anyway.

I should head to bed, but of course I'm not... Tempted to have coffee, though.

J

JustAnotherUser

Oh, and if anybody has extra snow they don't need then please bring it over here. Can't take the freezing temperature if there's no snow.