Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wwjd_kilden

Wow! I've never even heard of such a thing. :eek:
According to the institutions it "has not been used on people under the age of 14" in 2014 or 2015
(it is illegal to do it to those younger) .... but no matter what age, they are supposed to report it whenever it is used, an apparently it is only reported about 1/4 of the time... so one can wonder what cases are not reported

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If 3/4 the cases are not reported, how do they know 3/4 the cases are not reported? Where are they getting the information on the unreported cases if they are not being reported?

W

wwjd_kilden

If 3/4 the cases are not reported, how do they know 3/4 the cases are not reported? Where are they getting the information on the unreported cases if they are not being reported?
I think it had sort of "come up" by people talking about it

Aug 2, 2009
Probably from surveys. Its the same deal with sexual assault here in the US. They say a large percentage goes unreported. They take surveys in colleges and women put down that it happened to them but they never reported it.

W

wwjd_kilden

yea, probably

Abigail: We wouldn't recognize it as cc without all the trolls :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Probably from surveys. Its the same deal with sexual assault here in the US. They say a large percentage goes unreported. They take surveys in colleges and women put down that it happened to them but they never reported it.
I would like to clarify that I was not trying to be a smart-alec. I couldn't figure how they would know about them, much less know how many there were, if they weren't reported. Anonymous surveys (weighted, probably) makes sense. :cool:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
caller: this is [name]. do you have any appointments available this morning?
me: i have 10:30 or 11 available.
caller: ok then. i'll see ya!
me: ... wait wait... so what time are you coming?

people are weird lol

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
... That horrible moment when you realize your instant noodle tray demands that you pour in TWO different seasoning/vegetable packets... at two DIFFERENT times... and that just seems like way too much work for instant noodles.

(You know you've been working too much when even preparing ramen noodles starts to stress you out.)

That, and I almost put a carton of ice cream away in the closet last night.

Sigh.

#Sleep--Ain'tNobodyGotTimeForDat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So I just went to daywind and got a soundtrack for this.

[video=youtube;T7-DnTx9DMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7-DnTx9DMk[/video]

When I sing it at church, think they'll kick me out? :p

On the other hand, they kinda liked "Love like crazy." They probably won't even blink at this.

Aug 2, 2009
I would like to clarify that I was not trying to be a smart-alec. I couldn't figure how they would know about them, much less know how many there were, if they weren't reported. Anonymous surveys (weighted, probably) makes sense. :cool:
I didn't think you were being a smarty-pants lol.

Aug 2, 2009
caller: this is [name]. do you have any appointments available this morning?
me: i have 10:30 or 11 available.
caller: ok then. i'll see ya!
me: ... wait wait... so what time are you coming?

people are weird lol
I'll take 11, but I can't come til tomorrow... :rolleyes:

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Aug 2, 2009
... That horrible moment when you realize your instant noodle tray demands that you pour in TWO different seasoning/vegetable packets... at two DIFFERENT times... and that just seems like way too much work for instant noodles.

(You know you've been working too much when even preparing ramen noodles starts to stress you out.)

That, and I almost put a carton of ice cream away in the closet last night.

Sigh.

#Sleep--Ain'tNobodyGotTimeForDat.
That's not very 'instant'. They should call it 'kinda but not quite instant' soup.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
M

MollyConnor

I don't think there'll ever be a CC convention on earth. But I'm curious what it's gonna be like in heaven.
Let's do it! We can be a group of online buddies meeting up. It could be like 2-5 years from now, that way we can get everything ready and have a date and location set up.