Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

loverofjesus27

What an experience they are literally eating my leg. Antonio Roman.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
So, I'm thinking of getting back to writing. I've become adjusted to work and school life but I've isolated myself too much and slowly, I seem to be drifting away from real life. :/ I hope to get back to society haha.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Well, I'm officially nervous as all heck. I just sent in my letter of resignation to a company that I've work for for 19 years. I know it will be taken well because I did kind of forewarn the owner last week that it was highly possible that I would be moving on, but the uncertainty of the future has me nervous yet excited. Thing just came to a point of me realizing that I needed to at least try to build my own company so that I can better provide for my family but of course art the same time I'm scared as all heck that I fall flat on my face.

N

NoNameMcgee

Well, I'm officially nervous as all heck. I just sent in my letter of resignation to a company that I've work for for 19 years. I know it will be taken well because I did kind of forewarn the owner last week that it was highly possible that I would be moving on, but the uncertainty of the future has me nervous yet excited. Thing just came to a point of me realizing that I needed to at least try to build my own company so that I can better provide for my family but of course art the same time I'm scared as all heck that I fall flat on my face.
God bless you bro

ill pray for you
but
i bet youre going to do great

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40

Are you also are leaving CC? :(

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And this would be where a "God Bless and We're Praying for You" emoji would come in handy. (y)

Best wishes in your new endeavor, and please keep us posted!

Thank you for all the time you've put in for us.

M

MissCris

You know that feeling you get when you've told someone you can accomplish a thing, but then they double the number of people attending, and you've already ordered the things you needed for half that number, and you don't have the time/money to order more, and also, your plan isn't working out anyway?

Is that too specific?

How about just...PANIC?

Yeah. I'm there.

When my pastor asked me to decorate for an appreciation dinner, he told me there would be about 50 people. And that number stayed the same for the past month. So, I ordered a few things I wanted to use to supplement what the church already had, and I gathered up a few other things to make centerpieces out of.

But! This morning I was told there were at least 100 people planning to attend, possibly 120, and I also tried to put together the centerpieces...
IMG_0910 (1).jpg

The battery box for the lights doesn't fit inside the mouth of the jar. I haven't got enough of these lights or jars anyway. I do have an abundance of Edison bulb string lights, which is so far the only part of my plan that's working out.

I'm trying to stick with the theme of the image I used for the invitations. This, and the text I added is in yellow:
IMG_0823.JPG

I was trying to avoid doing anything with flowers or candles, which the church has hundreds of, but at this point I'm running out of options.

Are silk flowers and plain white candles going to look completely out of place with this more industrial style I'm going for? Probably.
Is there any way, short of spending a lot more money, to avoid this? Chances are slim, but...
Am I confident that I can make anything work together? Ehhhh...yes?
Will I need to get out all my craft materials and possibly power tools? Yes!
Am I wasting valuable time here asking myself questions...? Duh!

...seriously, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, you may just save my bacon.

M

MissCris

This is awesome! You won't fall flat on your face. You're not the type to make rash decisions, and you've got two decades of experience behind you. Congrats and good luck on this new adventure :cool:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sorry @MissCris, no ideas here. But you have an excuse to use power tools, yay!

If you have the battery boxes for the light bulbs, could you put the flower displays out with lights buried in them to shine from the inside?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
@Oncefallen what business are you starting? Will we be able to order online? Also will you be prohibited from talking about it in the forums because, advertising?

Also I'm guessing you won't have nearly as much time to moderate. Who's going to help out? Not that it's my business, and I'm sure not volunteering to be responsible for this pack of hyenas. :p I'm just curious and slightly worried... er, slightly concerned.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
MissCris it occurs to me that crepe paper is cheap and makes a pretty good show. You could put a cluster of flowers with crepe paper around the base and spreading out from the center to hide the battery box, and the light shining up in the middle of the cluster of flowers. It would totally wreck the industrial theme though...

M

MissCris

MissCris it occurs to me that crepe paper is cheap and makes a pretty good show. You could put a cluster of flowers with crepe paper around the base and spreading out from the center to hide the battery box, and the light shining up in the middle of the cluster of flowers. It would totally wreck the industrial theme though...

True, it would wreck it...but I like the idea! It opens up some options I hadn't considered. Crepe paper and flowers could work ok with the theme, if they're used sparingly and the right color. :unsure:

This would all be so much easier if I could just load up my stuff and take it to the church and dig through all of their decorations and see what works with what. I won't have an opportunity to do that until the day of, though.

I did at least have the sense to email my pastor and ask him to assign someone to help me...right after I realized I was in a bit over my head.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
How long do you have to worry about it without being able to know what is at church to work with? Also why will they not let you see what is at the church to work with until the day of?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In local news: About four weeks ago I bought a bicycle and started riding it up and down the street. I didn't pay much attention to what bike I got - I just grabbed a cheap one off the rack at Wal-Mart. It was heavy and it had semi-offroad tires. I put an electric front wheel on it to help me get up hills. I am trying to work my leg muscles up to where I can bike to work (15 miles one-way) and bike home.

Today I went back and bought another bicycle. This one was a Schwinn, very light, with thinner tires and a tread that has much less friction on the road. It cost about a third more than the other bike. I took it out for a ride and went up and down hills with no problem. I might not even bother putting the electric wheel on it before I ride to work.

Moral of the story: Don't just get a cheap something off the rack. Know what you want to buy before you buy it.

In other news, would anybody like a cheap, slightly heavy bike with semi-offroad tires?

M

MissCris

The dinner is this Sunday. I won't have a chance to get into town again until that afternoon. I did go in a few weeks back to just get an idea of what all they have available- there's a whole room full of boxes, which are labeled with what decorations they contain. So I know they Have a ton of stuff, and a general idea of What that stuff is, but I didn't open up the boxes to see what it all looks like.

I've been working off the assumption that the most I would really need from the church would be their tablecloths and some of their glass vases/candle holders. But with doubling the amount of tables, and the pastor requesting each table to have a centerpiece/decoration, I am now....well, here.

I get all perfectionist about decorating. I'm positive nobody will be as critical of whatever I come up with as I'm already being, but that doesn't mean I want just throw something together and call it good. 90% of my panic is my own fault. I think I've complicated things, trying to keep to the theme.