Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
So what is sesame oil good for, otw, and how do u use it? I know to add it in some soups, other than that....?

A good stir fry. :) It adds a nice flavor, but a little dab will do you.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Attention all who want to eat well......well, drink well. Mar09 you know all about this stuff, so if you would contribut aything others would benefit from........please do.

I recently discovered the value, for myself, in drinking fruit juices. I never ddrank them while growing up because it was for other people, you know, the ones with money, lol.

Ahyway i HAVE DISCOVERED formyself that pineapple juice and peach nectar make me feel pretty good. No, I do not believe it will add years to my life, but it sure makes me feel fit in the present. I discovered this only because I bought a blender a year or so back, probably two, tomake my own peanut butter because it is hard to find the good stuff in this town....Oh, they have just about everything, but not the taste in peanut butter I wanted.

I went to youtube for uses for the blender and so I kind of copied one of the recipes. Peach nectar, pineapple juice, milk, two carrots some cinnamn and some nutmeg. NOw the carrots should be cut up sith just some of the juice and pulsed until the lumps are pretty much gone, the add all the liquids and blend high for about a minute or a bit more.

I liek this mix, but you may have other mixes in mind. It is certain it will be good for you

As it turns out the healthiest two juices are the two in the concoction. Pineapple is said to bhe good for you digestive operations, top to bottom. I know it has made my body, at my age, feel more solid. No I am not body building, but it does makeme feel eally good. Two of my woman friends ran into me on the street, and it has been since lasst spring since i HAVE SEE4N THEm, they WENT to their other homes for the summer. Anyway, they told me I had lost weith, both of the, without any previous conversation......I really do nott know, but sounds good. I hope this idea settles well with all.

God bless you all..........j

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Things are eally quiet around here when I spend my entire day talking to Cortana.......... At least she does what I tell her to do.

Praise God Almighte, and may all be having a blessed and holy weekend, especially your Sabbaths.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Things are eally quiet around here when I spend my entire day talking to Cortana.......... At least she does what I tell her to do.

Praise God Almighte, and may all be having a blessed and holy weekend, especially your Sabbaths.
It certainly was quiet here... more ppl seem to be going to the Welcome newcomers forum? and of course the busy Misc.thread where i cannot afford to spend time now. That is why i am grateful for this one, coz i dont need to catch my breath as i go slow. In a way, cc is a place where i also learn, fellowship, pray and find some break or rest from many details of work, homework, and ministry to others.

But no, i dont know all abt that stuff! I just like to learn abt them, and in fact have been consuming much of them like the fresh buco (young coconut) juice we like to get almost every week now. See we can buy a carton/liter of buco juice and its just for 2 persons, no more. But we can buy from the buco stand and get unli (unlimited) juice and buco flesh which we could eat straight or add to/use in other recipes later. I know there was somewhere i mentioned, maybe the ladies forum?? when i had Uti a few yrs ago and have had a few rounds of meds, but the infection still returned. Then my doc advised to stop medication for a week and get other urine analysis, which i did with hesitation. It kind of make me panic, to stop taking anything when i knew bacterial count was high, then i remembered buco juice wc some ppl have long been advising was good for uti's. So i did drink fresh juice for a week, and found it significantly reduced count! What more proof or research do i need to say it works=).

We do have lots of pineapple and p.juice when in season (thats summer), which is past, and i in fact still look for pineapples when going to fruit stands, but they are so small and rare at this time. I know they process rambutan fruit into juices in other asian countries, but for now we are content to get the fresh fruits while very cheap and until its season is gone=). Glad to hear u lost weight, and feel good. I hope u get other fresh juices too.

Btw let me add. I understand many countries do have to preserve juices one way or another, and so do we. but i am so grateful still for the chance to get the fresh juices available, packed not in plastic bottles or cans, but straight from the fruit. Then we have not the non-biodegradable packaging to deal with too. Because we dont have winters to worry abt not having fresh produce and the need to preserve stuff, do u know even jams are not that popular (tho we do eat them) as we often prefer the fresh fruits. Ive not been to davao or cagayan de oro city, but i hear they have so much fresh and cheap fruits down there in mindanao island.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Mar... I do not think I have lost any weight, nor am I attempting to do so, but thank you for the thought.

My friend, Roberto Aguilar, is from Mindinao, and now I have another reason to envy him, lol I would love to have lots of fresh fruits all year round, but even here in Spain, that is not a likely happening......God bless you.

J

joefizz

To speak is to say something.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
525 years ago (on Oct. 12, actually) Christopher Columbus discovered a western trade route to Asia. Or so he thought.

Happy Columbus Day!

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Mar... I do not think I have lost any weight, nor am I attempting to do so, but thank you for the thought.

My friend, Roberto Aguilar, is from Mindinao, and now I have another reason to envy him, lol I would love to have lots of fresh fruits all year round, but even here in Spain, that is not a likely happening......God bless you.
Sorry if i misunderstood! Oh, but would it not be possible to have some stuff shipped to u? U are familiar w/ the durian, i suppose, and many cringe from the fruit. Recently someone gave us one large fruit (and i mean large) from there, as it was durian season i heard. Not that i grew up w/ that so it is not very familiar territory, but i manage to make some into pastillas and ice cream too, where the flavor isnt too strong. They liked it=).

We have lots of lanzones now, but not much of mangosteens here wc cost a bit... but i was asking a friend how much a kg of it was there. I like to see what the folks would do w/ unfamiliar stuff when theres a lot. Also it might make me a bit more of Prov. 31.14 woman=).

Prov. 31.14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
ו

Feb 28, 2016
may The Lord forgive the 'money-mongers', and
bless those whose hearts that only seek to share...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Mar, you are like the merchant ships with your care and sharing online.. Thank you for the mention of the fruit. Here in Spain there is a big variety, though I do steer clear of the more expensive things. I am now getting what seems to be a healthy variety of God's bounty. Thank you for being dear in Christ.........j

Sorry if i misunderstood! Oh, but would it not be possible to have some stuff shipped to u? U are familiar w/ the durian, i suppose, and many cringe from the fruit. Recently someone gave us one large fruit (and i mean large) from there, as it was durian season i heard. Not that i grew up w/ that so it is not very familiar territory, but i manage to make some into pastillas and ice cream too, where the flavor isnt too strong. They liked it=).

We have lots of lanzones now, but not much of mangosteens here wc cost a bit... but i was asking a friend how much a kg of it was there. I like to see what the folks would do w/ unfamiliar stuff when theres a lot. Also it might make me a bit more of Prov. 31.14 woman=).

Prov. 31.14She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
ו

Feb 28, 2016
and what a shame that is: there's something quite amazing about speaking
to someone with Jesus Christ's Love in your heart...

Dec 9, 2011
Only In America can a person be NOTICEABLY narrow minded and lacking In good judgement and still be president.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Not always. A lot of people speak without saying anything at all.
Such thoughts always remind me of One Note Samba, where the chorus goes:

Theres so many ppl who can talk and talk and talk and just say nothing, nearly nothing....

One Note Samba

Is not the internet slooww today...

Dec 9, 2011
Digital circuits work on a binary code of ones and zeros or highs and lows.I use to think the zero for low meant no voltage at all but It means that there Is some voltage present but not enough voltage to effect a circuit that will only allow a high voltage.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Digital circuits work on a binary code of ones and zeros or highs and lows.I use to think the zero for low meant no voltage at all but It means that there Is some voltage present but not enough voltage to effect a circuit that will only allow a high voltage.
To make it even more confusing, the high and low ranges depend on teh family of circuitry you're using. TTL high = 2.0 to 5.0V; TTL low = 0.0 to 0.8. CMOS high = 3.5 to 5.0; CMOS low = 0.0 to 1.5V (for a 5V power supply). And for ECL high - -0.9V and low = -1.75V.

So a high ECL voltage (true) is low (false) for both TTL and CMOS! Pretty freaky, huh? :)

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
A litter of kittens from one mother cat can have multiple fathers. It's called superfecundation.