Tattoos?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
on the lighter side.... there is such a thing as too much....

This is my wife with the woman that holds the Guiness World record for facial piercings... about 18 years or so ago in Edinburgh....
(my wife is the blonde one)

View attachment 278767

and, me with the same woman a couple of years ago, still in Edinburgh....
(I'm the one with the goatee)

View attachment 278768

You look Finnish. I’m sure you must have some Finnish ancestors.
 
And to give you an idea of how tall she isn't, my wife is 5'2",,,, I'm a foot taller than she is.... Elaine was standing on some kind of box or something in the pic of the two of us. ....
I have a feeling she's a Christian, do we know this, I hope she's not doomed🙏😍
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
You look Finnish. I’m sure you must have some Finnish ancestors.

I guess I might have, but my immediate ancestry is mostly Irish... my great-great grandfather emigrated out of Galway just before the so-called potato famine there in Ireland. He was 14 yrs old.
Finnish.... hmm...

I have a feeling she's a Christian, do we know this, I hope she's not doomed
Yeah... well, on her website, it talks about how she does "divinations" and tarot card readings, so I'm thinking probably not, sad to say.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Texasgal
I guess I might have, but my immediate ancestry is mostly Irish... my great-great grandfather emigrated out of Galway just before the so-called potato famine there in Ireland. He was 14 yrs old.
Finnish.... hmm...


Yeah... well, on her website, it talks about how she does "divinations" and tarot card readings, so I'm thinking probably not, sad to say.
OK, thx, I'll be praying for her.
 
elaine-davidson-9635602.jpg
OK, thx, I'll be praying for her.
Had to post this bc of the Jesus necklace. Not sure what it means to her, but there's hope. I was into Astrology and Tarot cards and didn't know anything was wrong with them at the time. Lord, send the Holy Spirit her way, IJNA 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
 
View attachment 278781

Had to post this bc of the Jesus necklace. Not sure what it means to her, but there's hope. I was into Astrology and Tarot cards and didn't know anything was wrong with them at the time. Lord, send the Holy Spirit her way, IJNA 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

If you have ever been to Brazil you would know....
They admit to being culturally a Christian nation....while having drive thru chicken sacrifices to pagan gods.
They think they are Christian when they are nominal Catholics at best.

That's Brazil....the Jesus crucifix is a talisman to them....not a real religion or relationship with God at all. They also usually have a John the Baptist statue they give a bath in the river once a year as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
Tattoos are ugly and a waste of money.
Money would be better spent helping a hungry child.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
....is there any bible quote that can be posted here that will not be called "Hate"? Asking for a friend.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DeanM and Seeker47
Again, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID AND DO NOT ASSUME THINGS I DID NOT SAY.
The vast majority of single men prefer women without tattoos than those with.

An isolated group of 5 guys does not constitute a "lot of men"

I'm sorry but Christian men do not go out seeking women with tattoos on their genetailia when wife shopping.

They want CLEAN and UNTOUCHED bodies.....not something covered in graffiti.
Good men want someone as a helper....not something akin to furniture or artwork hanging on a wall.

Tattoos scream "over handled by everyone" to most men.....not all....but definitely MOST.

Same thing with piercings. Too many and in locations other than ears? They are outta there.
These women might get dates....but no ring goes on their fingers. Meaning men view them as "no one to bring home to meet the folks"

And Salvation is by JUSTIFICATION through having faith in Jesus. Tattoos are not relevant for salvation in any fashion. They do not indicate anything about the faith of an individual.
I agree. If I see a girl with tats I wonder why she has a tat that big at that age, also, tats are usually a source of embarrasment.
ever seensomeon with the date they mariied their previous wife or divored wif tatted on their arm? or worse, forehead? Embarrasing
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
Again, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID AND DO NOT ASSUME THINGS I DID NOT SAY.
The vast majority of single men prefer women without tattoos than those with.

An isolated group of 5 guys does not constitute a "lot of men"

I'm sorry but Christian men do not go out seeking women with tattoos on their genetailia when wife shopping.

They want CLEAN and UNTOUCHED bodies.....not something covered in graffiti.
Good men want someone as a helper....not something akin to furniture or artwork hanging on a wall.

Tattoos scream "over handled by everyone" to most men.....not all....but definitely MOST.

Same thing with piercings. Too many and in locations other than ears? They are outta there.
These women might get dates....but no ring goes on their fingers. Meaning men view them as "no one to bring home to meet the folks"

And Salvation is by JUSTIFICATION through having faith in Jesus. Tattoos are not relevant for salvation in any fashion. They do not indicate anything about the faith of an individual.
um.... where did he say anything about tattoos affecting salvation?
He was talking about the aesthetics of tattoos, and how many men, myself included, do not like tattoos on women (or men, either, for that matter)
It doesn't make them bad, or me bad, or anything other than an aesthetic preference.
My preference - aesthetics and otherwise - all it takes is one tattoo or one piercing and she is off my list.

"Sorry - not interested."

I am not judging her - we can be friends, etc. - just not interested in her being my wife.

I am a "naturalist" of sorts - and, she needs to be the same - if she is not happy with the body God gave her - so that she thinks she needs to modify it - she is not for me...
 
My preference - aesthetics and otherwise - all it takes is one tattoo or one piercing and she is off my list.

"Sorry - not interested."

I am not judging her - we can be friends, etc. - just not interested in her being my wife.

I am a "naturalist" of sorts - and, she needs to be the same - if she is not happy with the body God gave her - so that she thinks she needs to modify it - she is not for me...
Indeed! Our God does everything with perfection, are we so ashamed of what He has done we now believe we need to improve on what the Creator has done?
Men have a problem with lust of the eyes, women have a problem with self esteem, some even need to be constantly have their self esteem supported.

blessings
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
Should you say it looks awful? No. What part of "treat others as you want to be treated" do you not understand? Do you want everyone to comment on where they think you lack in appearances? I Think not.
Should I say 'Looks awful!'? That depends. From a designer's standpoint, seldom tasteful, and I've seen my share. But, since there is no laws like municipalities do who have ordinances against visual sign pollution, thinking with tattoos it's somehow different. As though it's your body, it's your canvas, that is until (hyper example) Someone decorates himself into a demonic image including face and implanted horns to frequent a known Christian diner regularly till the traffic slows, , ends up becoming the same problem.

Abstain from every form of evil. (1 Thessalonians 5:22)
 
Indeed! Our God does everything with perfection, are we so ashamed of what He has done we now believe we need to improve on what the Creator has done?
Men have a problem with lust of the eyes, women have a problem with self esteem, some even need to be constantly have their self esteem supported.

blessings
I wouldn't use that one amigo. Too easy to counter.

Here's an example counter: "There's nothing wrong with my new car either, but I still put a bumper sticker on it."

I just thought of that one off the top of my head. I'm sure somebody with a vested interest in arguing the point could come up with better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DeanM