Sanctification does not provide Justification in any fashion.Since when do Christ followers have to follow Levitical laws? Are you negating the sacrifice Jesus made for us?
A Levite priest was to obtain the second level of holiness.
Sanctification does not provide Justification in any fashion.Since when do Christ followers have to follow Levitical laws? Are you negating the sacrifice Jesus made for us?
Since when do Christ followers have to follow Levitical laws? Are you negating the sacrifice Jesus made for us?
I agree; however, you are avoiding my question.Every preacher and Christian should read it for a better understanding about the religious persecution since the beheading of John the Baptist.
What??? And, you are not going to show us those pictures?Sometimes I wonder if people ever think about what all those tats are going to look like when gravity defeats our young skin and starts to sag. I've seen some pretty funny/scary pics of people whose tatoos aged in a way no one thought possible.![]()
I sooooo agreement.What??? And, you are not going to show us those pictures?
just kidding...![]()
I think its best to avoid them but I also don't think we should sit in judgement over those that might have them. I have no problem with a person who tatooed up before receiving Christ (within reason). Sometimes I wonder if people ever think about what all those tats are going to look like when gravity defeats our young skin and starts to sag. I've seen some pretty funny/scary pics of people whose tatoos aged in a way no one thought possible.![]()
What??? And, you are not going to show us those pictures?
just kidding...![]()
No, it does not. I did not address all the laws given, because it's not necessary. We have been told many, many times in the NT that followers of Christ are not under the law, either Mosaic, or Levitical. There is a reason for that. We humans cannot keep the law perfectly, and we no longer have blood sacrifices to cleanse us, ever since Jesus became the final blood sacrifice for us.He called us to repentance for a reason, your reasoning suggests to disregard any attempt to follow the law given to us by The Father.
I agree; however, you are avoiding my question.![]()
I agree; however, you are avoiding my question.![]()
I want to read what you read that you believe is error in his beliefs.Are you wanting to get into an unrelated topic about his salvation?
As a historian who had a vast knowledge of church history, I value his opinion. As a preacher of the gospel in a couple sentences of the book, I do not agree. Reader be aware of that.
If you require me to provide a quote, I expect you to read the book through as well.
I agree; however, you are avoiding my question.![]()
I want to read what you read that you believe is error in his beliefs.
I have read the whole thing - I am pretty sure the first time was in the 1970s during my high school years. I have been quite well acquainted with it for the majority of my lifetime. I agree that everyone should read it. I skimmed through it the other day when you first mentioned it. I am pretty sure I will read the whole thing again sometime in the not too far future. (Especially since I am planning on it specifically.)
Please just point me to what you read...
Tell me, how does one love the Lord God with all their heart, all their soul, and all their mind if they think His creation, His child and therefore his image are imperfect and require physical alteration before being happy with their appearance?Jesus said to him, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”
You are opening Pandora's box here.... do you wear makeup? Did you ever?Tell me, how does one love the Lord God with all their heart, all their soul, and all their mind if they think His creation, His child and therefore his image are imperfect and require physical alteration before being happy with their appearance?
Easily.How can someone love their neighbour as themself if they cannot love who they are and the image they were created in?
That sounds very big of you. Very condescendingly forgiving.... hopefully, you just worded this badly....I try never to shame people who have tattoos
Yes.... this is the key statement here... well said...or not worry about them because ultimately it is relatively superficial and the Lord will love you either way.