Tell me something interesting ....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
They don't get any bigger and badder than this. What a monster.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
My cat died last Thursday
My dog has the mange
My girl looks like a bovine
That's been too long on the range

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Ps 149.....

For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

Let the saints exult in glory: let them sing for joy upon their beds.

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;

To execute vengeance upon the nations, and punishments upon the peoples;

To bind their king's with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I used to watch that show everyday when i was a kid. It's hard to believe I was never a trekkie. I always liked star trek for how they solved their dilemmas. I never really payed attention to all the cool tech they had. I do love Star Wars though! :D (but only the original trilogy)
Exactly why I loved Next Generation. They never solved problems with their big ship and powerful weapons. They solved problems by using their heads and understanding things.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Exactly why I loved Next Generation. They never solved problems with their big ship and powerful weapons. They solved problems by using their heads and understanding things.
All of that "entertainment" is ultimately demonic/Satanic IMO.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
All of that "entertainment" is ultimately demonic/Satanic IMO.
Sorry, you may need some redirection. You are in the "Something Interesting" thread. You seem to be looking for the "Demons in Everything" threads, and those threads usually hang out in the Bible Discussions and Conspiracy forums. That's down the hall, third door on the right (just after the snack machines) and fifth door on the left (right before the restrooms) respectively.

I am a pentecostal minister and I can attest there are no demons in original Star Trek, Next Generation or Voyager. Deep Space 9 got a bit out there with Bajoran mysticism and wormhole aliens, but everybody knows that was a direct rip-off of Babylon 5 anyway.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Sorry, you may need some redirection. You are in the "Something Interesting" thread. You seem to be looking for the "Demons in Everything" threads, and those threads usually hang out in the Bible Discussions and Conspiracy forums. That's down the hall, third door on the right (just after the snack machines) and fifth door on the left (right before the restrooms) respectively.

I am a pentecostal minister and I can attest there are no demons in original Star Trek, Next Generation or Voyager. Deep Space 9 got a bit out there with Bajoran mysticism and wormhole aliens, but everybody knows that was a direct rip-off of Babylon 5 anyway.
If you do not recognize the obvious evolutionist/new age/occultist writing, tone, philosophy and style, you are in a lot of trouble. Deep trouble. Liberals (you say you are a Pentecostal Minister) tend to be inclined to new age teachings BTW.

These productions have nothing whatsoever to do with legitimate Christians.
Legitimate Christians are not involved in any meaningful way. The ones that are seriously involved can't be legitimate Christians.

One more point. This stuff is pure fantasy. I would never allow my kids to watch any of this or anything like it. It is harmful and despoils the Body IMO.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Last night I dreamt that Johnny Depp pulled a gun on me and I had to shoot him. Is that interesting?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Something interesting... Today marks the first time anybody from my church has EVER been called a liberal anything. I'm going to write this on the calendar.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
First time anybody from my church has ever been accused of new age anything either. In fact most people, even people from other churches, usually consider our church to be somewhat conservative, even very conservative.

Truly a landmark day.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Something interesting... Today marks the first time anybody from my church has EVER been called a liberal anything. I'm going to write this on the calendar.
Another observation: These movies are overwrought with gratuitous violence. Over the top. Yes it becomes easy to acclimate to the fusillade of violence, sexual provocation, liberal ideology etc.
But it doesn't make it any more right or good.

Oh....another thought: I doubt there will be "Star Trek" or anything like it in the Kingdom of God.

All of that is a fantasy and a lie. The whole shebang. Throw it in the eternal trash bin where it belongs.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Pipps thread is for fun, take the debate elsewhere.
OK man. Understood. Can't help chiming in when that topic arises. Scary stuff.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
So I mopped my kitchen today, On my hands n knees.
that would have been interesting to watch, hahahaha