Texting & driving, do you?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I either keep my phone in the dash or in the cup holder between the seats. If I see I have a text, I may see who it is, but I never text back. I remember riding with my friend and she was texting her bf and said, "I apologize for texting I hope I don't offend you" my response was "I hope you don't get offended if I grab the wheel if we start going off the road." It was hilarious. But all I do with my phone while driving is talking, but I do either have it on speaker or use my Bluetooth and it's only if I have to.

I knew a family who was texting their daughter to see how long she was going to be as she dropped her two kids off with her ex and meet the rest of the family for Thanksgiving dinner. Well, she never made it. The police report suggests she dropped her phone and unbuckled her seat belt to pick it up and she ended up hitting something and was ejected from the vehicle...dead on impact. Her mom blames herself everyday.
 
Totally STUPID if you do.
I fully agree with this statement, and have made it my life's duty to put an end to texting and driving with handheld devices.

I'm a truck driver and I see people texting all the time, I also see dead people who used to be texting all the time.

People who drive distracted don't care if they die, but dying is easy, imagine killing a child and having to live with that, that would be hard. There are worse things than dying.
 
Im the opposite, I text often but I dont drive : /

See? Im a safe texter.
girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

Do you walk and text? Do you ride a bike and text? Do you ride an elephant and text?
girl-poking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif
 
Totally STUPID if you do.

Don't you have to pay a lot if you do? I hardly ever see anyone doing it anymore. It costs 230 euro and the government loves that money, so they put a lot of police officers on it.
 
I either keep my phone in the dash or in the cup holder between the seats. If I see I have a text, I may see who it is, but I never text back. I remember riding with my friend and she was texting her bf and said, "I apologize for texting I hope I don't offend you" my response was "I hope you don't get offended if I grab the wheel if we start going off the road." It was hilarious. But all I do with my phone while driving is talking, but I do either have it on speaker or use my Bluetooth and it's only if I have to.

I knew a family who was texting their daughter to see how long she was going to be as she dropped her two kids off with her ex and meet the rest of the family for Thanksgiving dinner. Well, she never made it. The police report suggests she dropped her phone and unbuckled her seat belt to pick it up and she ended up hitting something and was ejected from the vehicle...dead on impact. Her mom blames herself everyday.
Talking while driving is close to as dangerous as texting while driving. (I have got to stop paying attention to those little blurbs during the news. Actually, I should just avoid watching the news.)
 
girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

Do you walk and text? Do you ride a bike and text? Do you ride an elephant and text?
girl-poking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

With a bike I have to stop but I do it when I walk home from the bus. I'm just like that woman that walked into a pool.
 
Why would anyone want to go to Bama?

Pure bred Tennessee Vol here. If it weren't for Dega, then Bama would be a place for the Tennessee rejects....:cool: JK
(Said with Yankee mock distain)
Rebs.

(Always a good way to start an argument with my southern cousins.)
 
With a bike I have to stop but I do it when I walk home from the bus. I'm just like that woman that walked into a pool.
Then the only reason you didn't run into me is because I ducked. lol
 
Never, even if I get a call during driving I keep it less than a minute and tell them I'll call back no texting/talking on phone....I got to be focused on driving is how I roll hehe!
 
A comedian named Carl Hurley was talking about driving distracted one time. He said he was driving and he saw this lady who was texting while driving and she pulled over into his lane and almost ran him over. " I grabbed for the steering wheel! My hamburger went flying across the car! Spilled coffee all over my road atlas..."
 
No way do I text and drive. That's just inviting trouble. I need to focus on driving when I drive, so I don't even have the radio up past a whisper. I don't eat while driving either. Nothing to take my attention from operating a two-ton machine that is capable of causing death and destruction.