The Bible and other gods

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 9, 2021
I am a Christian who believes everything in the Bible and accepts the teachings of Jesus as absolute truth. It cannot be denied that my beliefs are very Christ-like, but I have a view that differs from other Christians.

Over 99.9% of Christians think that God is the only real god. They figure all the gods and goddesses in the Hindu religion, as well as the pagan gods who don’t have any adherents today, aren’t real. Maybe they think those deities are human invention and imagination, but it seems like most believers in Christ haven’t thought about the other gods.

I used to think that God of the Bible was the only god and believed that all humans started out as polytheistic, but then evolved into monotheism (which I interpreted to be the only correct view). At the time I figured that the Hindus, who pray to many different gods, hadn’t quite caught up with everyone else.

But one day I found out that other gods exist. I don’t feel like writing many paragraphs explaining how this happened, so just take my word for it.

I’ve had contact with several of the Hindu gods, and they seem very nice and caring. I also had contact with Baal Hadad, a bronze age god popular in the Near East who the Bible apparently doesn’t like much, as described in the Book of Exodus. He is also nice and caring.

I did some research to find out what the Bible says about the existence of other gods. Apparently the Jews in the Old Testament believed that multiple gods existed, but Yahweh (God) was the correct and only god to follow. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henotheism#Canaanite_religion_and_Yahwism There appears to be several verses in the Bible that suggest other gods are real such as Psalms 96:4: “For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.” Notice here that scripture says gods instead of idols. Gods implies they are real, but if it said idols that would imply imagination.

I am posting this thread to get other people’s input. What do you think about the existence of other gods? Do you think it’s possible that other gods exist? Or is God of the Bible the only god who is real? If you don’t believe it’s possible for other infinite beings to exist, how do you explain the Bible passages that imply the existence of other gods? And also what about my experiences meeting other infinite beings? It was very real to me.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I am approving this thread solely so that the OP's errors can be refuted and corrected.

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
I am a Christian who believes everything in the Bible and accepts the teachings of Jesus as absolute truth. It cannot be denied that my beliefs are very Christ-like, but I have a view that differs from other Christians.

Over 99.9% of Christians think that God is the only real god. They figure all the gods and goddesses in the Hindu religion, as well as the pagan gods who don’t have any adherents today, aren’t real. Maybe they think those deities are human invention and imagination, but it seems like most believers in Christ haven’t thought about the other gods.

I used to think that God of the Bible was the only god and believed that all humans started out as polytheistic, but then evolved into monotheism (which I interpreted to be the only correct view). At the time I figured that the Hindus, who pray to many different gods, hadn’t quite caught up with everyone else.

But one day I found out that other gods exist. I don’t feel like writing many paragraphs explaining how this happened, so just take my word for it.

I’ve had contact with several of the Hindu gods, and they seem very nice and caring. I also had contact with Baal Hadad, a bronze age god popular in the Near East who the Bible apparently doesn’t like much, as described in the Book of Exodus. He is also nice and caring.

I did some research to find out what the Bible says about the existence of other gods. Apparently the Jews in the Old Testament believed that multiple gods existed, but Yahweh (God) was the correct and only god to follow. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henotheism#Canaanite_religion_and_Yahwism There appears to be several verses in the Bible that suggest other gods are real such as Psalms 96:4: “For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.” Notice here that scripture says gods instead of idols. Gods implies they are real, but if it said idols that would imply imagination.

I am posting this thread to get other people’s input. What do you think about the existence of other gods? Do you think it’s possible that other gods exist? Or is God of the Bible the only god who is real? If you don’t believe it’s possible for other infinite beings to exist, how do you explain the Bible passages that imply the existence of other gods? And also what about my experiences meeting other infinite beings? It was very real to me.
If you believe the scripture as you say, how do you explain Isaiah 45:5-6?

"I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else."

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“I am a Christian who believes everything in the Bible”

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

there is One God , but many “gods “ they are false is the thing demons and devils masquerading as something else

“As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and Lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭8:4-6‬ ‭

I’m glad you believe the Bible it holds the truth

Isaskar

Nov 13, 2021
“I am a Christian who believes everything in the Bible”

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

there is One God , but many “gods “ they are false is the thing demons and devils masquerading as something else

“As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and Lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭8:4-6‬ ‭

I’m glad you believe the Bible it holds the truth
Nothing else needs to these verses, amen.

I will say one thing however: OP if you are having "contact" with these other gods, you are actually having contact with evil spirits. There is no telling what kind of a mess these demons will make of your life.

There are people who have commited SUIC*IDE over evil spirits haunting their life at every turn, sadly they didn't find the son of God, who can and will easily handle a problem like this. You say you know the Bible, then certainly you know you cannot feast in the table of Ba'al and LORD at the same time?

Nov 9, 2021
Hey sorry if I offended anyone. My intention was not to provoke any hostility, but to tell about my experiences—which are very real—and hear what other Christians think about it.

Mar 4, 2020

You don't really know who you're dealing with or who you're up against or if they'll go tell their buddies about you. You don't know who or what you're inviting exactly. The Bible warns against communicating with spirits without really expounding on the specific dangers and pitfalls. The warnings in Leviticus 19:31 and Isaiah 8:19 (among other verses) are there because of the dangers, meaning they are more than just theories.

My advice, if you keep doing what you're doing, you're going to eventually attract the direct attention of the devil himself who, if he isn't already, is watching you due to your ability to prophesy. It's maybe only a matter time before you've bit off more than you can chew.

From this point forward, only speak to God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

Dec 29, 2021
Can you explain your contact and methods to achieve such conversations with these other gods?
Was the process the same or similar to one another, like ouija board or some other medium?

I will explain who is behind it all afterwards.

S

SophieT

Hey sorry if I offended anyone. My intention was not to provoke any hostility, but to tell about my experiences—which are very real—and hear what other Christians think about it.
I have no doubt your 'experiences' are real

demons are very good at convincing the susceptible of anything

offense? no....not really

but few people want to accept the fact they are messing with the demonic and not whatever the demon pretends to be

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
We are all humans who are descended from Noah, we are all born with a conscious that includes an innate knowledge that there is a God who created us. Noah knew of the one true God, but in their busyness, the knowledge was lost for some of his descendants. They created their own God, and some of it was a copy of the one true God.

The most powerful God that has been created by man was created by Muhammad more than 500 years after Christ. It ties this God with the one true God through Ismael, the twin brother of Jacob who sold his birthright to Jacob.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello GoodRanger, I'm not offended by what you believe, but I believe that you are mistaken. If you are correct, then God/YHWH and the Bible cannot be.

For instance, here is another example of YHWH Himself speaking to us directly about this very topic.

Isaiah 43
10 “You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
In order that you may know and believe Me
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
And there will be none after Me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,
And there is no Savior besides Me.
~Deut

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
If you are really receiving prophecy from "other gods", I would strongly recommend ignoring it... and if you are praying to other "gods" to see if they will answer, I would stop that if I were you. You don't want to find out the hard way- there has to be some former occultists on CC that can testify...

Nov 9, 2021
Can you explain your contact and methods to achieve such conversations with these other gods?
Was the process the same or similar to one another, like ouija board or some other medium?

I will explain who is behind it all afterwards.
I absolutely did not use a Ouija board! That is a terrible “game” that attracts a certain demon named Zozo who likes to cause harm and mischief. That demon has a history of causing problems in my life. Sometimes he shows up and creates a lot of grief for me, thinking it is amusing.

He is a high rank demon and assistant to the High Devil. He told me he is one of Satan’s biological relatives. I’ve seen what he looks like, too. He is a terrible-looking shadowy thing who looks really evil. I actually know quite a bit about him, much more than other people, but enough of that demon. I don’t want to talk about him because he is so atrocious.

Communicating with other infinite beings—if that is what they are—happens the same way I communicate with God. It’s telepathically, meaning I speak words in my head, and since infinite beings have all-knowledge and all-perception they can hear me this way, and often they respond right away.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
I absolutely did not use a Ouija board! That is a terrible “game” that attracts a certain demon named Zozo who likes to cause harm and mischief. That demon has a history of causing problems in my life. Sometimes he shows up and creates a lot of grief for me, thinking it is amusing.

He is a high rank demon and assistant to the High Devil. He told me he is one of Satan’s biological relatives. I’ve seen what he looks like, too. He is a terrible-looking shadowy thing who looks really evil. I actually know quite a bit about him, much more than other people, but enough of that demon. I don’t want to talk about him because he is so atrocious.

Communicating with other infinite beings—if that is what they are—happens the same way I communicate with God. It’s telepathically, meaning I speak words in my head, and since infinite beings have all-knowledge and all-perception they can hear me this way, and often they respond right away.
Are you talking about someone talking to you in your head?
You can talk to them, but don't forget the words of the Bible and see if what they say is in line with the words of the Bible.
Believe me, they are not another God.

Maybe they are angels, maybe they are Satan,who really knows.

keiw

Jan 6, 2022

Satan is the one posing as other gods. God had a single religion in the OT. God has a single religion in the NT. 1Corinthians 1:10--unity of thought, no division.) Yet there are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian. something wrong with that picture. I say only 1 has Jesus. According to that scripture.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
no offense taken it’s a discussion forum brother God bless

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We are all humans who are descended from Noah, we are all born with a conscious that includes an innate knowledge that there is a God who created us. Noah knew of the one true God, but in their busyness, the knowledge was lost for some of his descendants. They created their own God, and some of it was a copy of the one true God.

The most powerful God that has been created by man was created by Muhammad more than 500 years after Christ. It ties this God with the one true God through Ismael, the twin brother of Jacob who sold his birthright to Jacob.
amen I think a lot of the false dieties began with ancient Egypt who worshipped many gods and had many idols I’ve always thought that’s probably why israel struggled so greatly with idolatry in the ot worshipping false gods

they spent 400 years there in Egypt and seems partook of many of thier idolatries

keiw

Jan 6, 2022
amen I think a lot of the false dieties began with ancient Egypt who worshipped many gods and had many idols I’ve always thought that’s probably why israel struggled so greatly with idolatry in the ot worshipping false gods

they spent 400 years there in Egypt and seems partook of many of thier idolatries

Israel fell mostly because God told them-do not take foreign wives. but after killing many men, many women were left and they took foreign wives who worshipped false gods and they would give in. The kings gave in many times. Solomon married foreign wives even though he had about 700. He fell to false god worship. So its wise to listen to God every step. Satan has proved he is very powerful and can fool the best of them. Peter who saw miracle after miracle denied Jesus 3x out of fear of men, he stood back up quickly though. Satan does it like this-2Corinthians 11:12-15. This is how intelligent mortals are in comparison to satan.
1 week after the Israelites saw God part the red sea in front of their faces and save their lives, made a golden calf to worship.
No wonder the bibles advice is--Be like the Boreans and make sure of all things.

Feb 21, 2016
I'll tell you an experience without going into much details of how it happen.God wanted me to stand for him.But I didn't want to.I'd tell him that I'll rather be a buddhist,or a Native American medicine man like my grandfather.Anything but a Christian.Because I blamed him for all the crazy stuff that was happening in my life.
And he said that all that leads to satan.Later he gives me a dream/vision and in it I'm standing in the woods.The light was so bright.As I'm walking around thinking this is the happy hunting grounds because it all looked beautiful.A voice started calling out to me.Even though I knew who it was,I followed the voice to a clearing.In the middle was a river.Another voice says "this is what you want right? all's you have to do is cross"So I turned towards the voice behind me and standing there is Jesus.And the river turned torrent.Like no way can anybody cross that river and live.I changed my mind and Jesus said "but you don't want me"Then another voice said "look!"
That was the voice calling to me in the forest.The voice came from the other side of the river,and at the end of the clearing was satan standing along the trees.He was taller than the tree's and he wore a mask with 4 faces going in 4 directions.Reminded me of those Native American totem poles.
All the other 'gods are just demons.'On a side note.When it says in the Bible 'you are gods',or being kings, It refers to the spirit of God within you.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
"..Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

OP, you're dealing with fallen angels, spirits, who have convinced people, often entire cultures, that they are benevolent beings, gods who will help them. What men call "multi-culturalism" is often the celebration of how these demonic spirits have shaped the traditions of civilizations for many many years.

So, these "gods" you speak of are absolutely real but they are absolutely evil demonic spirits pretending to be friendly.