The biblical way to find a spouse.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Ok folks, so who wants me to water their camels!

Genesis 24:10-15 NKJV
[10] Then the servant took ten of his master's camels and departed, for all his
master's goods were in his hand. And he arose and went to Mesopotamia, to
the city of Nahor. [11] And he made his camels kneel down outside the city by a well
of water at evening time, the time when women go out to draw water.

[12] Then he said, "O LORD God of my master Abraham, please give me success
this day, and show kindness to my master Abraham. [13] Behold, here I stand
by the well of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out
to draw water. [14] Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, 'Please
let down your pitcher that I may drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I will also
give your camels a drink'-let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac.
And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master."

[15] And it happened, before he had finished speaking, that behold, Rebekah,
who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother,
came out with her pitcher on her shoulder.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I thought this was going to say, hit person over head with Bible, drag person to Pastor, marry them, drag home.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I was kinda thinking I'd wait til a celebration is winding down then ride in, grab a single lady, and cart her off into the sunset (Judges 21).

The Bible really has some wild ways in which people came to be married.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I thought this was going to say, hit person over head with Bible, drag person to Pastor, marry them, drag home.
All that without a shotgun? lol

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Instead of water the camels God asked me to Send the man a Bible you have so many.

Tourist had expressed that in his move from Maine he had left his Bible behind and so answering Gods prompting I sent him a Bible and the rest is history...... Working toward the third year of it....

I guess you could say that's a Biblical way to find a spouse.

Aug 15, 2009
It's quite simple:
1. Pray about it.
2. Accept no answer but God's.
3. If you're not mature enough to hear from God..... fergettaboutit..... you don't need one yet.:p

M

Miri

Might try that. Now where have all the big bibles gone.
I could use my iPad instead. Lol

M

Miri

Instead of water the camels God asked me to Send the man a Bible you have so many.

Tourist had expressed that in his move from Maine he had left his Bible behind and so answering Gods prompting I sent him a Bible and the rest is history...... Working toward the third year of it....

I suppose that is the equivalent of a nose ring. :D

Genesis 24:29-30 NKJV
[29] Now Rebekah had a brother whose name was Laban, and Laban
ran out to the man by the well. [30] So it came to pass, when he saw
the nose ring, and the bracelets on his sister's wrists, and when he
heard the words of his sister Rebekah, saying, "Thus the man spoke
to me," that he went to the man. And there he stood by the camels at the well.

Aug 15, 2009
If ya halfta hit him more than three times, he's not the one, cuz he's too hard-headed. Plus, that could get a little expensive.:p

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
If ya halfta hit him more than three times, he's not the one, cuz he's too hard-headed. Plus, that could get a little expensive.:p
Also, I'm thinking 3 times is just under, or right on the borderline of the legal limit for assault (be sure to check your county's legal regulations first before attempting.)

On the other hand, if the guy posts your bail, he definitely could be THE ONE!!!

(This is why I go to the gym, of course. So that when I finally meet THE ONE, I can keep hitting him across the head, as many times as it takes.)

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

The first book that I read was the Song of Solomon. It certainly inspired me.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Don't look at me, I'm broke. You'll have to bail yourself out Kim.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Don't look at me, I'm broke. You'll have to bail yourself out Kim.
You're putting a major damper on our courtship process here, Lynx.

(You just gave me an idea for my next poll: "Ladies, Should You Have to Post Your Own Bail, or Should He Pay?")

S

Susanna

You're putting a major damper on our courtship process here, Lynx.

(You just gave me an idea for my next poll: "Ladies, Should You Have to Post Your Own Bail, or Should He Pay?")
Just call your local Bust You Out Bail Bonds Service.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Just call your local Bust You Out Bail Bonds Service.
I'm pretty sure they have me blacklisted, unfortunately.:(

It happened about the same time I was universally banned from all dating sites and services.

No worries, though!

I'm pretty confident it was just a coincidence. :cool:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh is THAT what happened? All we knew was the power went out and there were a lot of sirens going off in the distance.

Some day you'll have to tell us what really happened. After the statute of limitations has expired, of course.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Oh is THAT what happened? All we knew was the power went out and there were a lot of sirens going off in the distance.

Some day you'll have to tell us what really happened. After the statute of limitations has expired, of course.
Bingo! (I'm thinking this is going to be my new forum Catch Phrase, as I've been using it a lot lately.)

It could be a couple years before the truth actually comes out.

At least, that's what my legal team has advised me. ("1-800-JUS-TICE".)

I picked them because they have a frequent customer punch card.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

What kind of wife could I get with some pocket lint, a mummified french fry, half a roll of breath mints, and a really grody looking dime?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Bingo! (I'm thinking this is going to be my new forum Catch Phrase, as I've been using it a lot lately.)

It could be a couple years before the truth actually comes out.

At least, that's what my legal team has advised me. ("1-800-JUS-TICE".)

I picked them because they have a frequent customer punch card.
I thought it was because they were 1-800-JUST-ICE and you wanted someone silenced. Y'know, iced.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

I pad, yes! Like Jesus Lives mentioned a shotgun would help too.