The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
You have no faith, you have mere mental assent to some portions of His inerrant Word.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
I dare say. I find some things in the Bible I cannot in conscience and for philosophical consistency's sake, agree with. But nevertheless, I think the Gospels to be mainly true, and on these I base my faith.

Best wishes, 2RM.
God's word is not there for us to pick and choose what we like from it. Either you trust God and believe in Him and what He said, or you do not. There are no half measures. Accept God and His whole word or be eternally damned. Those are our choices.

Your salvation is between you and God, but based on that statement I would say you are in serious jeopardy of the second judgement. Put it this way, if anyone made a statement like that I would followin the biblical instruction to talk with you about it, then with the elders in the assembly, then with the assembly and have you removed as a voting member. If they allowed you to stay after hearing that, I would go, because I would not be a part of such an assembly. It is that serious a breach of trust in God you are showing.

1 Cor 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

R

RichMan

It might be wise to remain silent on the guns you have.
Never know who is listening.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Many live in fear in this time, we hear what you are saying, and the first thing to go out the door is the computer.

R

RichMan

Many live in fear in this time, we hear what you are saying, and the first thing to go out the door is the computer.
No reason to make it easy on those who want to control us.

O

Oblio

I was watching the police clearing the Ambassador bridge. I couldn't believe that they showed up with automatic weapons! The best response we could give would be hard slap shots with frozen pucks! I don't think it would accomplish much, except to make me laugh! :ROFL:

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
It might be wise to remain silent on the guns you have.
Never know who is listening.
Good advice. However I have long been on their "list," for many reasons. Heck-fire, I used to call the ATF for advice when modifying friends guns for them! I've always been outspoken for the cause of freedom, was in the military, and have met with several groups I am sure they were watching. I also have an annual range permit, and I've trained with police. Those alone will get you on the list of citizens an oppressive gov't fears (though I am not that fearsome, really). Sometimes I am amazed I've made it this far. Now I am old and broke down, so I shoot black powder for fun and to get others interested in guns and, hopefully eventually freedoms cause. Our freedoms were won by men loading one round at a time. Maybe that method will help preserve it. But it will still likely end me in a Biden's Hotel room, a.k.a. a cage. Oh well, it's been a good life (when I was shooting :cool: ).

Edit: by the way, you just made "the list" by advising us of that.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
I was watching the police clearing the Ambassador bridge. I couldn't believe that they showed up with automatic weapons! The best response we could give would be hard slap shots with frozen pucks! I don't think it would accomplish much, except to make me laugh! :ROFL:
Using frozen doggie "pucks" would be most effective! :poop:

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
I believe that it’s quite clear that gun related crime is frequent in limited areas of the country. Most places don’t experience this. An independent investigation of this should be initialized. The investigators should analyze the perpetrators, and where these crimes are committed. I’m pretty sure that most of the problems connected to this are infested with similar issues.

Bottom line: Who’s shooting and where are they.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Been done to death, no pun intended.
Criminals do crime. Every hear of Richard Kuklinski? This is the Dr. who interviewed him at length and what he told him.

O

Oblio

The elites want to disarm the public so they can control us without getting shot. Low-lifes!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The adversary has always sought to steal, kill and destroy. We wage war not against the flesh, but against principalities and powers.
We must pray and perceive without ceasing.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
I believe that it’s quite clear that gun related crime is frequent in limited areas of the country. Most places don’t experience this. An independent investigation of this should be initialized. The investigators should analyze the perpetrators, and where these crimes are committed. I’m pretty sure that most of the problems connected to this are infested with similar issues.

Bottom line: Who’s shooting and where are they.
I'm the same way, except having been involved in gov't statistics I know the numbers get twisted to suit agendas. So I look more at what I can see or have experienced.

First off, having a gun has saved my life, or at least my property and my (achem) "good looks." On one occasion it definitely saved my life. And I never even have had to fire it. They knew I had it, and I looked like I knew how to use it (because I did/do), and criminals are like animals having a 6th sense about them: they knew I would shoot if I had to. So that's one: experience.

There are also many examples of the presence of a firearm resolving things "peaceably," but the media won't report them and the gov't ignores them. I've known of a few, and the NRA publishes others from smaller papers each month. I see some good effects of having a gun and knowing how to use it.

Also, back in the 80's when this was really becoming an issue and a few municipalities decided to ban guns within their jurisdiction other municipalities reacted by passing laws requiring everyone living there to own a gun. The only difference is in those townships it wasn't enforced. Still, in EVERY instance in those places gun control was enacted serious crime went up exponentially. In those where it was required to own a gun, even though no one came into your home and checked, crime of all kinds went down significantly. So I also see irrefutably the evidence of the public being able to own guns and its' effect on crime. And best of all, it was not in a lab or a "controlled environment" where the outcome could be manipulated and controlled as well; and if they still disagreed the results could be hidden or dismissed.

But that's just me. Call me jaded, but my dealings with the gov't from within their ranks left me not trusting so called "independent investigations." Someone is footing the bill for that investigation, and investigators know that if they want more business from that source they had better get the results the source wants. The old saying about "lies, damn lies, and statistics" is more true today than ever. But on the real we see real results, and that is what matters; what I go by.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
IMHO, unless you are willing to take the time to know your firearm, know how to use it, know when to use it, and are willing to use it if the need arises, you don't need a firearm.

Anyone in my home who meets the above standards, has access to a quick opening safe with loaded firearms.

Aug 18, 2021
God's word is not there for us to pick and choose what we like from it. Either you trust God and believe in Him and what He said, or you do not. There are no half measures. Accept God and His whole word or be eternally damned. Those are our choices.

Your salvation is between you and God, but based on that statement I would say you are in serious jeopardy of the second judgement. Put it this way, if anyone made a statement like that I would followin the biblical instruction to talk with you about it, then with the elders in the assembly, then with the assembly and have you removed as a voting member. If they allowed you to stay after hearing that, I would go, because I would not be a part of such an assembly. It is that serious a breach of trust in God you are showing.

1 Cor 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?
Spare me, please, your moral rant
Your 'thou shalt not', your pious cant
And let me live as I am made
Wild and free and unafraid
Dreading naught of Judgment Day
Pilgrim on another way.
If I'm wrong I'll rot in Hell
But rotting there remember well
The span I spent as but a ploy
To spread a sweet, subversive joy
And think my life not such a crime
If others, too, enjoyed my time.

But where I tread, at every turn
Are men of faith, set grim and stern
Rigid in their claims to be
So righteous they know more than me,
Though cowed beneath their codes and laws
They've lost the plot. The greater cause
Is not constraint by social rules
(cages built for souls by fools)
But the sharing of an inward light
The love of all that's good and right
And kind, and just, and true, and man
Was made for this, and this God's plan.

Copyright © 2022 2ndRateMind

Best wishes, 2RM.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
Spare me, please, your moral rant
Your 'thou shalt not', your pious cant
And let me live as I am made
Wild and free and unafraid
And therein lies the problem. You want it all your way. You deny God as surely as if you were an atheist. Spare you? You come on a Christian forum and spew this bile, then get your feelings hurt and resort to poetry. Sorry, but here our standard is the Bible, God's word.

So righteous they know more than me,
Yes, about what counts in they/we end they do!

Though cowed beneath their codes and laws
Cowed? It takes guts to speak God's word. It takes nothing to go along with the crowd. I been 'round the block a few times, and boy, you ain't got nuthin'!

I wish you well also. And by that I do mean salvation. But I fear you are on the wrong road to a bad end.

Aug 18, 2021
And therein lies the problem. You want it all your way. You deny God as surely as if you were an atheist. Spare you? You come on a Christian forum and spew this bile, then get your feelings hurt and resort to poetry. Sorry, but here our standard is the Bible, God's word.
So you want to live according to bronze age morals, and bronze age myths? Despite the fact that they have been shown not to work over the last 1600 years? Well, it's your shout. I think God will expect more of you than this, though, come the end of days. Anyway, thank you for wishing me well.

I entirely reciprocate. 2RM.