THE LIE IN LORDSHIP SALVATION THEORY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Similarly, your good works is not the basis for what God considers to be a proof you have saving faith.

Secondly, only the elect can acknowledge confession of Christ's atonement as only proof they have saving faith. The rest who trust in works for the same aren't yet saved!
Do you believe Romans 10 is sufficient?
And do you also believe 1 Corinthians 3?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
So you forgiving others constitute your proof you have saving faith?
Post #678
You missed the woman´s point sir and her familiarity with a NAME that you seem not to use.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
So you forgiving others constitute your proof you have saving faith?
Sir...with the measure you use, it shall be measured to you...
And sir....mercy covers over a multitude of sins...
Not just the one you have shown mercy to, sir...
But your own sins as well...

Do you KNOW all your sins, sir?

Do you believe David´s words regarding sin?
Do you believe Paul´s words regarding sin and judgment?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Keep ever before you what you began in...if what you began in remains in you...you too will remain in both the FATHER and the SON...and this is what HE promised us...even Eternal Life...

Some go out from this, sir...and in their going out, it is made manifest that they were never.....IN....

Your Savior died for you...Please stop loving HIS BLOOD more than loving HIM...

HE never said to Peter...Peter, do you love MY BLOOD.
He said Peter, .do you love ME!

The revelation of THE GOSPEL is a cut to the heart, knee buckling revelation of how far all of us were apart from GOD, and how CHRIST died so that what was separated from GOD, could be made new and reconciled to GOD...IN HIM...IN HIM...IN HIM...by HIS blood which washes and covers us so that we, in the sight of GOD appear to be righteous...

NOT THAT WE ARE RIGHTEOUS, sir...but we are covered....IN HIS COVERING, found IN HIM...IN HIM...IN HIM...

Paul also spoke on this...true righteousness....and sir, no one will be able to BOAST about ANYTHING...

K

kaylagrl

Your claim 1: Works prove saving faith.
Your claim 2: Saving faith saves.
Your conclusion: Lack of works means no salvation.

Thus you preach the heresy of works based salvation but you pretend to be teacher of grace.

My claim 1,2,3... BIBLE verses!!!!

Faith without works is dead

The BIBLE says that, not my claim!!! NEVER said works save.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
WHY DO LORDSHIP SALVATIONISTS KEEP REPEATING, "TRUE SALVATION IS ACCOMPANIED BY GOOD WORKS"?
They assume wrongly that only true salvation & saving faith is accompanied by good works. But the fact is, even the unsaved do great good works right from nursing their babies to philanthropy. Thus good works has nothing to do with true salvation or saving faith.
So their statement, "True salvation is accompanied by good works" really means "None has saving faith without good works". This is nothing but pure "works based salvation" heresy presented in an unidentifiable manner & is a tool to enslave & manipulate church-goers to buy their books, pay offerings etc.
Wrong. To the saved, good works are as natural as breathing, just like prayers, and are motivated by the Holy Spirit to begin with.....not the flesh. And they are done to please the One True God to Glorify Him. The unsaved do "good" works of themselves by themselves to glorify themselves, all of this being of the flesh.

Noah didn't build the ark of his own initiative. He did this mighty WORK by faith.

If you don't think that God is literally putting people to work after they are saved think again.
https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qs_version=NKJV&quicksearch=labors&begin=47&end=73

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qs_version=NKJV&quicksearch=labor&begin=47&end=73

K

kaylagrl

Your hand in glove is called "works based salvation". Are you a Pelagian?
I assume you speak English, I also assume you can read, comprehension not so much. My hand in glove straight out of the Bible so apparently God is pelsjdifjiefn or whatever you call it. Now you're outright lying. I said the opposite of what you are saying, I said works don't save.

The mods need to shut down this tread already. The OP argues with everyone that posts and lies about what they say when they answer. This thread is going no where.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
My claim 1,2,3... BIBLE verses!!!!

Faith without works is dead

The BIBLE says that, not my claim!!! NEVER said works save.
Yes and "faith without works is dead" does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works and then it becomes a living faith or that we are saved by works, as some would presume. James is simply saying faith that is not accompanied by evidential works demonstrates that it's dead. If someone merely says-claims they have faith (James 2:14) but lack resulting evidential works, then they have an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith.

K

kaylagrl

Yes and "faith without works is dead" does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works and then it becomes a living faith or that we are saved by works, as some would presume. James is simply saying faith that is not accompanied by evidential works demonstrates that it's dead. If someone merely says-claims they have faith (James 2:14) but lack resulting evidential works, then they have an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith.
To which the OP is going to tell you you believe in works based faith. Quoted Scriptures, said works don't save, nope like a dog with a bone. I said we are saved by faith for good works, straight out the Bible, nope, you believe in works salvation. So it doesn't matter what you say. The OP is the only one on God's green earth, and this Mc Arthur fellow, only ones who have the truth. NOOO one else knows it. So why bother. If Gods own Word won't change his mind, nothing will.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
No amount of works can save or even prove one’s salvation. If that’s the case then sin can prove one is not saved. That’s simply not true. Only the Lord knows who are tru saved by the seal of the Holy Spirit.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Do you believe Romans 10 is sufficient?
And do you also believe 1 Corinthians 3?
Amen.
(1 Cor 3)
"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor."

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The works of the Christian are of God, by God, and for God.

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Colossians 1:29
To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

Here is an example of the unsaved....they are disqualified from doing any good work.
Titus 1:16
They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Dec 28, 2016
No amount of works can save or even prove one’s salvation. If that’s the case then sin can prove one is not saved. That’s simply not true. Only the Lord knows who are tru saved by the seal of the Holy Spirit.
Of course works don't save, that's elementary, yet you need to read 1 John, its teachings contradict yours as you deny evidence of conversion and marks of false conversion.

Have you been brought to repentance of your open theism heresy?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Of course works don't save, that's elementary, yet you need to read 1 John, its teachings contradict yours as you deny evidence of conversion and marks of false conversion.

Have you been brought to repentance of your open theism heresy?
Have you been brought to repentance of your reformed, fatalist view?😉

Nov 16, 2019
No amount of works can save....
Everybody knows this. You're preaching to the choir.

Unless you want to address unbelievers, and fringe movements of unbelievers associating themselves with the true church there is no reason to keep bringing this up in the church. Especially now since the new osas movement in the church uses it to rationalize the unchanged lives of unbelievers masquerading as believers in the church. It's now time to put this argument to rest and start growing the church up to mature behavior in Christ and stop rationalizing the flagrant sin of unbelievers among us.

...or even prove one’s salvation. If that’s the case then sin can prove one is not saved. That’s simply not true. Only the Lord knows who are tru saved by the seal of the Holy Spirit.
Truly saved people live new, different lives focused on righteousness, aiming for perfection. Unsaved people do not.

7Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning.

9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.
1 John 3:7-8, 9-10

So, as John says, don't be deceived. Righteous people practice righteousness, just as He is righteous, while those who practice sin are of the devil. And this has nothing to do with works earning salvation. It has everything to do with saved people being new creations in Christ who now struggle against sin. A struggle that if not visible in a person shows them to not be a new creation in Christ.

Dec 28, 2016
Have you been brought to repentance of your reformed, fatalist view?😉
I’ll take that as a no, you are an unrepentant open theist heretic. That, and you deny the biblical teachings of evidence of conversion and marks of false conversion. You’re in error and don’t think logically: there are sins that show one to be unconverted though professing salvation.

Reformed Theology isn’t fatalism, you’re simply showing more of your ignorance of what fatalism is and conflate it with a holy God and His ways which may well be hostility toward Him, Colossians 1:21.
Contrary to your capricious beliefs (a form of atheism) God knows every single detail of all future events, has disclosed to us the end of all things He has determined, will not be thwarted in His plan as all end according to His purpose, counsel and will exactly as He has decreed, all to His Glory, as He actually is God.

You loathe these facts and deem God unfair.

Fatalism is a metaphysical theory that all things are driven by an impersonal force. That isn’t the Reformed view. To the contrary this age is driven by God who has decreed whatsoever comes to pass, thus whatsoever He has determined as God isn’t impersonal, but is determined by a Triune Personal God who is just, holy, sovereign, kind, loving, and merciful. His determined plan is therefore not fatalism, it is all to His Glory.