The problem is not the wounded spirit, but in how we address it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ya ever wake up fully aware of how blessed you are but still feel an ache? I call that a wounded spirit. I think we all battle with it, from time to time. Sometimes, it is merely a physical thing, like we need more sleep, or to laugh more or we need to take better care. Our bodies, thus our minds are suceptible to fluctuations in our hormones or whatever, it is going to happen. Sometimes, we miss ppl, sometimes we stress, it is called life and it's ups and downs.

Me, I go to that same spot, every once in a blue moon, of feeling on the outside. The problem is not in this feeling but in how I address it. I now, for the most part, see how this is a gift from God. He is just letting me know, my focus is too much on me and my identity in the world.

First of all, let me say that He has delivered me from the yolk of bondage with regards to that ugly self centered, self - pity way of thinking. I don't hang out there very often and when I do, I acknowledge that it is a choice to stay in that state, rather than in His victory. I now see the shift as a beckoning from Him, calling me to be a vessel of Love for Him, to walk in the portion that is Him, with Joy and Peace, and to literally pay Him and His Love forward.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalms 73:26

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

But You, O Lord , are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
Psalms 3:3

Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.
Jeremiah 15:16

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
Psalms 16:5‭-‬6

So now I get ready to get to get with a sweet song of gratitude and Praise in my heart for being a beautiful child of God.

Love you all...♡

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

First of all, let me say that He has delivered me from the yolk of bondage ...♡
I appreciated your post... especially the laughter this line evoked. I've never known eggs to be that sticky. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Christianese needs new terminology. The current generation has never even SEEN a yoke.

For a yoke of bondage, we could use a massive amount of credit card debt as a modern analogy. I don't have time to work out the best phrasing.

For a man and woman being equally yoked, we could say they both need to have comparable processors.

In the meantime when somebody says equally yolked or the yolk of bondage, I just pass over it. I know what they meant and I also know why people use yolk instead of yoke sometimes. A yoke is not something that has ever been used by anybody I know.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Christianese needs new terminology. The current generation has never even SEEN a yoke.

For a yoke of bondage, we could use a massive amount of credit card debt as a modern analogy. I don't have time to work out the best phrasing.

For a man and woman being equally yoked, we could say they both need to have comparable processors.

In the meantime when somebody says equally yolked or the yolk of bondage, I just pass over it. I know what they meant and I also know why people use yolk instead of yoke sometimes. A yoke is not something that has ever been used by anybody I know.
I think that Galations 5:1 would apply. He and his Grace has freed me from the yoke of bondage which is the law. He helps me to remain steadfast in the liberty which He set me free. God Bless you. Oh i realize my spelling error. Thank you.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
S
Ya ever wake up fully aware of how blessed you are but still feel an ache? I call that a wounded spirit. I think we all battle with it, from time to time. Sometimes, it is merely a physical thing, like we need more sleep, or to laugh more or we need to take better care. Our bodies, thus our minds are suceptible to fluctuations in our hormones or whatever, it is going to happen. Sometimes, we miss ppl, sometimes we stress, it is called life and it's ups and downs.

Me, I go to that same spot, every once in a blue moon, of feeling on the outside. The problem is not in this feeling but in how I address it. I now, for the most part, see how this is a gift from God. He is just letting me know, my focus is too much on me and my identity in the world.

First of all, let me say that He has delivered me from the yolk of bondage with regards to that ugly self centered, self - pity way of thinking. I don't hang out there very often and when I do, I acknowledge that it is a choice to stay in that state, rather than in His victory. I now see the shift as a beckoning from Him, calling me to be a vessel of Love for Him, to walk in the portion that is Him, with Joy and Peace, and to literally pay Him and His Love forward.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalms 73:26

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

But You, O Lord , are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
Psalms 3:3

Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.
Jeremiah 15:16

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
Psalms 16:5‭-‬6

So now I get ready to get to get with a sweet song of gratitude and Praise in my heart for being a beautiful child of God.

Love you all...♡
Shoot i wish that I could change that to yoke instead of yolk. Ugh at mt spelling error.

T

theanointedsinner

Temptation is not the problem
Matthew 4 is proof of this

some temptations are stronger than another
like "all the kingdoms of the world in all it's splendor" is a much stronger temptation than "getting himself killed"

the problem lies in how we respond to temptation, Jesus respond correctly, and if we are honest with ourselves, we all apply incorrect response to temptations, and some of those wrong response can make our Christian brothers cringe