The ultimate Christmas thread 2018!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

So. Back to the merry topic of Christmas.
We have christmas or advent calendars here. Some are really expensive, then there are the cheap ones from 1 USD.

I decided not to have one this year, but last year I had one that costed 60 USD. I was almost guilty for having that.

Are you guys having a calendar?

G

Gracie_14

We have christmas or advent calendars here. Some are really expensive, then there are the cheap ones from 1 USD.

I decided not to have one this year, but last year I had one that costed 60 USD. I was almost guilty for having that.

It's been ages since I last had an advent calendar....I had one back then when I was in primary school. (We bought it from there) After that, we didn't necessarily care about getting one every year....not a thing for us, really.

T

toinena

It's been ages since I last had an advent calendar....I had one back then when I was in primary school. (We bought it from there) After that, we didn't necessarily care about getting one every year....not a thing for us, really.
For me Christmas has been quite a trial for years. I basically worked so I didn't have to think. When the break came, I was depressed and miserable. Once I got from my neighbour a calendar that didn't count the days towards Christmas, but the days when I could go back to work. I loved that. Then next year (last year),I thought I should pull myself together and make one that counted down correctly and was determined to somehow enjoy Christmas. It was also a reward to myself for passing the service dog examination and surviving the first term of my master's programme.

Now.... I want to enjoy everything about Christmas. The advent time, the candels, the baking, the music..... everything Christmassy.

G

Gracie_14

For me Christmas has been quite a trial for years. I basically worked so I didn't have to think. When the break came, I was depressed and miserable. Once I got from my neighbour a calendar that didn't count the days towards Christmas, but the days when I could go back to work. I loved that. Then next year (last year),I thought I should pull myself together and make one that counted down correctly and was determined to somehow enjoy Christmas. It was also a reward to myself for passing the service dog examination and surviving the first term of my master's programme.

Now.... I want to enjoy everything about Christmas. The advent time, the candels, the baking, the music..... everything Christmassy.
Oh, I see. That is a very interesting story... What made Christmas to be a miserable time for you back then?

T

toinena

Oh, I see. That is a very interesting story... What made Christmas to be a miserable time for you back then?
Many things. Lonliness and depression and a traumatic experience for starters.

G

Gracie_14

Many things. Lonliness and depression and a traumatic experience for starters.
Ahhh, makes sense. I understand what you mean. I'm sorry to have gone through that...

T

toinena

Ahhh, makes sense. I understand what you mean. I'm sorry to have gone through that...
God is sovereign and can restore and repair the most hopeless situation. He has done this turn of events possible. I feel like I am having my moment of Job. I am getting my life back with twice the blessings.

G

Gracie_14

God is sovereign and can restore and repair the most hopeless situation. He has done this turn of events possible. I feel like I am having my moment of Job. I am getting my life back with twice the blessings.
Wow, amen to that Andrea. I'm glad things are looking great for you! I'll be praying for you that this new step in your life will be in the center of God's will. And that many more blessings will come along the way. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Nothing special, my wife gets new calendar's from the dollar store each year. That advent calendar must be really special. I would not feel guilty at all for the cost.

L

LittleBit1987

Christmas is a toss up for me this year.... I get to celebrate with my 13 month old.... and my family... but finances are really tight, so it makes it harder to get Christmas gifts for the family... and not just myself,hubby, and my son. so... I still dont know how I feel about Christmas this year, hard to enjoy the holiday when your loved ones have already passed away you know?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Christmas is a toss up for me this year.... I get to celebrate with my 13 month old.... and my family... but finances are really tight, so it makes it harder to get Christmas gifts for the family... and not just myself,hubby, and my son. so... I still dont know how I feel about Christmas this year, hard to enjoy the holiday when your loved ones have already passed away you know?
Gather together.......even if it's just you, hubby and lil quart........... cook a good meal, get nice cards for each other, and some nice fuzzy huggie thingy for lil quart........put on some Christian Christmas music, read the Christmas Story from the Bible, have a prayer

AND THEN DESERT!

:)

Seriously, God bless you and yours Bit, and I will be saying a special prayer that this Christmas will be one that touches your heart in such a way that you will never forget it.............

T

toinena

I am sorry for your loss. Try to celebrate and rejoice with the living. God bless!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I dread the Christmas "season" (since I work massive amounts of overtime at the Post Office during that time), but I love being together with loved ones on Christmas day. :love:
Yea my sweetheart works at the post office.. christmas season is hell on earth for u poor workers

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Ah advent calendars. If they are from a good chocolatier they are heaven in a box.

Just don't get this one:

I think you could get up to about 11:59:57 before it would be too hard to swallow the chocolates fast enough. A person would probably need some kind of liquify-and-chug system to get over the 11:59:59 hump.

Oh and don't EVER get this one. It raises far too many uncomfortable questions.

Although the few dozen doors that have little christmas trees are a nice touch.