The Word became Flesh

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
Go ahead and deify this flesh, and when your idol dies it will be indeed dead. There is scripture after scripture about this flesh being dead, and buried.
The promises you listed above are not about this flesh. Being born again is not about this flesh born again, who are you? Nicodemus?. Did you go back to your mother's womb?
Jesus said,
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
John 3:6 NASB
Rudiments look to a Faithful Creator for existence. Let there be as request of faith. . and there was a work of believing seen with the eyes . .Called a work of faith . His faith worked to create atoms and molecules . He works all things to the good of his pleasure.

The new heavens and earth does exist its in hiding kept by a promise to the last day . All of his work was finished in 6 days. What took him so long?

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.These are the generations (plural) of the heavens and of the earth when they (plural)were created, in the day (singular) that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, Genesis 2
Please forgive me if I have offended you, never my intention
As I have stated I totally agree with you in context of the scriptures The Word became flesh through the birth of Jesus
But I am coming with the same scriptures from a different angle to what I believe the scriptures are revealing to me. You don’t agree………… Praise the Lord but I see as others do who have read my post.
This is my understanding:
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh” is an unsaved soul
“that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” is a redeemed soul
That is why Jesus said John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again.
I have a body but the day I gave my life to Christ my spirit was Born Again in this fleshly form.
When we die our Body/flesh goes back to dust but our soul and spirit will be given a new body, the Divine Body
It’s not about whose right or wrong but how one views the scriptures to what they believe.
If helps them to stronger in their Faith/walk with Jesus …………… Praise the Lord
That is our ultimate aim………… 2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
God Bless

L

Locoponydirtman

As I have stated I totally agree with you in context of the scriptures The Word became flesh through the birth of Jesus
But I am coming with the same scriptures from a different angle to what I believe the scriptures are revealing to me. You don’t agree………… Praise the Lord but I see as others do who have read my post.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
That is why Jesus said John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again.
I have a body but the day I gave my life to Christ my spirit was Born Again in this fleshly form.
When we die our Body/flesh goes back to dust but our soul and spirit will be given a new body, the Divine Body
It’s not about whose right or wrong but how one views the scriptures to what they believe.
That is our ultimate aim………… 2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
God Bless
First off I never get offended. Being offended is weakness, and responding to others from a position of being offended is never going to produce anything but miscommunication.

I know you have stated that you that John 1:14 is about the coming of Jesus, but are approaching that passage from a different angle, that angle is called eisegesis. Which means inputting meaning into the text that isn't there. As I have stated before the problem with your attempt at eisegesis is not only that it is bad form for interpreting the Bible. This particular instance deifies men that are not deity, sinful man, because this passage is about the deity of Christ. Notice the other words in the passage. Especially notice this phrase " and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten of the father.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14 NASB

This passage can in no way be applied to anyone other than Jesus, unless we make an idol of that person by making him equal to Jesus, as the only begotten of the Father.

I know you have and will continue to reject what I am saying, and that is up to you. So we will have nothing more to say to each other. I understand you and your position, and you understand mine. So there is no further reason for us to speak to each other. I will regard you as a blasphemer, and an isolator who attempts to make himself equal to Jesus, and there by also God.
Good day and good luck. I hope you learn and repent.

Nov 17, 2017
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

G1096 γίνομαι ginomai (ǰiy'-no-mai) v.
1. to cause to be (“gen”-erate).
2. (reflexively) to become (come into being).
3. (of events) to happen.
{used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.):}
[a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb]
KJV: arise, be assembled, be(-come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

100% God / 100% man
------------------------
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

G1080 γεννάω gennao (ǰen-naō') v.
1. (properly, of the father) to procreate.
2. (by extension, of the mother) to conceive.
3. (figuratively) to regenerate.
[from a variation of G1085]
KJV: bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring

100% man

God Bless......

L

Locoponydirtman

From the very beginning man fell into sin trying to be equal with God. What was the lie Satan told Eve? You will be like God. ( Not in the ways that she was already like God, as in his image) but like him as in equal to him. This is what Satan tempted Eve with, and there after man has been burdened by sin. Through out the Bible is the folly of men and women who tried to be or attempted to be equal to or depose God, the very folly of Satan. Why is it a surprise now? It's not. Men have done this from the beginning in some form or another. Satan trapping men in the very snare that ruined him.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Having the knowledge of good and evil, as God does, would have equipped Eve and Adam to fully understand Gods first law; thou shalt not eat....Making then the serpent's leading to do just that of none effect. When they had no comprehension of good nor evil, they had no conscious ability to make an informed free choice to either obey, or disobey. Whereas the Serpent was far wiser, and let into the garden to exploit that very thing.

That is why it is later written sin was in the world even then. Because sin is not imputed where there is no law. Sin came into the world the moment God uttered to Eve and Adam, thou shalt not.... While Saul/Paul tells us sin was in the world before the law of God was given.

That is because when sin is not imputed where there is no law, the law must have its defined within it non-compliance factors. I.E. punishment for transgressing the law. And all this was created by God the giver of the law is also that one which created the imputation (Impute= attribute, ascribe] for its transgression.

Oh, the outrage, so many may imagine themselves to feel when reading that. However, it is Biblical. The Book of Isaiah 45.
It's the woman's fault! Eve succumbed to the serpent and his temptation. Ah, how we so overlook the Biblical fact that God blamed Adam for sin entering the world. (Which is interesting when Saul/Paul said sin existed in the world before the law. A man informed by the ascended Christ to bring further revelations to the world. That too is interesting. And perhaps a topic for a different thread. )

God is the creator of all that is. Not even Satan is able to fully do whatever he wishes without Gods allowance. As we learned when we read of the trials of Job.

The question then becomes, why did our omniscient Father not forgive the first innocents for a mistake that was not their fault, nor choice? Not wilful choice due to having no conscious awareness of good nor evil so as to make an informed decision to either obey or disobey.

The first innocent guileless couple He created. And then when in that paradise garden, where a tree that would damn the world due to the fruit it bore if consumed, would not only make the eater thereof like God, then and only then knowing right from wrong, good and evil, so as to then be conscious of those dual components that are enmeshed in this world of light and darkness, was consumed, and due to a wise serpent with awareness of that tree being allowed entry into a place overseen by omnipresent father.

Only after eating did the first people become conscious of right and wrong. And only then did they recognize they were naked and for some reason not present in their psyche prior, were ashamed of that God given flesh and bone created in the image and likeness of their Father.

It's a mystery! Or is it? Without that happening in the beginning, we would not be aware of the dual energies operating in this world; good and evil. And here, where the adversary, adverse, of God and His great goodness, exists, while also being allowed to re-enter Heaven from which he was once cast out, and so as to confer with God, roams about , walks to and fro, like a hungry lion ......seeking souls to devour.

Without that which happened in the garden, we would not know what God is. We would not know what evil is. And we would not then, because we are now conscious of good and evil, be able to make the choice. To seek Good/God. Or to die in the evil/sins. And what are the sins? And why do they exist?

The Book of Isaiah chapter48

Dec 30, 2019
The day you gave your life to Christ and became a Born Again Christian, Spirit of God and Christ resides within you.
The Spirit of God was given to prepare the Bride for the Bridegroom. He is our comforter, teacher and our guide to show us how we are to live a life that is well pleasing to God. So we can hear the word: "Well done good and faithful servant". (Matthew 25:23)

8084cc

Mar 11, 2020
San Diego, CA
God Bless
I can't believe what I just read. My heart dropped in fear of your understanding.
You said in relevance to scripture that it's not about who's right or wrong but how one views the scripture to what they believe.
Do you honestly believe that? Please rethink that and weigh the severity of the consequences.
There is but one truth in the word of God, and it is of the up most importance to understand, accept, and embrace that truth.
One must be careful not to conform the word of God to fit their beliefs if their beliefs are not of the truth. In doing this you are subject to thwart the very character of God. You may end up worshipping a God of your understanding and not the true God of your salvation. This will cause you to worship an idol, and give you a false sense of saving faith. We must worship God in Spirit and in truth.
I will pray for you my dear brother.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Having the knowledge of good and evil, as God does, would have equipped Eve and Adam to fully understand Gods first law; thou shalt not eat....Making then the serpent's leading to do just that of none effect. When they had no comprehension of good nor evil, they had no conscious ability to make an informed free choice to either obey, or disobey. Whereas the Serpent was far wiser, and let into the garden to exploit that very thing.

That is why it is later written sin was in the world even then. Because sin is not imputed where there is no law. Sin came into the world the moment God uttered to Eve and Adam, thou shalt not.... While Saul/Paul tells us sin was in the world before the law of God was given.

That is because when sin is not imputed where there is no law, the law must have its defined within it non-compliance factors. I.E. punishment for transgressing the law. And all this was created by God the giver of the law is also that one which created the imputation (Impute= attribute, ascribe] for its transgression.

Oh, the outrage, so many may imagine themselves to feel when reading that. However, it is Biblical. The Book of Isaiah 45.
It's the woman's fault! Eve succumbed to the serpent and his temptation. Ah, how we so overlook the Biblical fact that God blamed Adam for sin entering the world. (Which is interesting when Saul/Paul said sin existed in the world before the law. A man informed by the ascended Christ to bring further revelations to the world. That too is interesting. And perhaps a topic for a different thread. )

God is the creator of all that is. Not even Satan is able to fully do whatever he wishes without Gods allowance. As we learned when we read of the trials of Job.

The question then becomes, why did our omniscient Father not forgive the first innocents for a mistake that was not their fault, nor choice? Not wilful choice due to having no conscious awareness of good nor evil so as to make an informed decision to either obey or disobey.

The first innocent guileless couple He created. And then when in that paradise garden, where a tree that would damn the world due to the fruit it bore if consumed, would not only make the eater thereof like God, then and only then knowing right from wrong, good and evil, so as to then be conscious of those dual components that are enmeshed in this world of light and darkness, was consumed, and due to a wise serpent with awareness of that tree being allowed entry into a place overseen by omnipresent father.

Only after eating did the first people become conscious of right and wrong. And only then did they recognize they were naked and for some reason not present in their psyche prior, were ashamed of that God given flesh and bone created in the image and likeness of their Father.

It's a mystery! Or is it? Without that happening in the beginning, we would not be aware of the dual energies operating in this world; good and evil. And here, where the adversary, adverse, of God and His great goodness, exists, while also being allowed to re-enter Heaven from which he was once cast out, and so as to confer with God, roams about , walks to and fro, like a hungry lion ......seeking souls to devour.

Without that which happened in the garden, we would not know what God is. We would not know what evil is. And we would not then, because we are now conscious of good and evil, be able to make the choice. To seek Good/God. Or to die in the evil/sins. And what are the sins? And why do they exist?

I see God's command to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil as a warning. Let me explain that:

When God said "....for in the day you eat of it you shall surely die...", I believe He was warning Adam and Eve that they would bring spiritual death upon themselves as a natural consequence. I don't think that death was a specific penalty for the specific act of eating from the tree; rather death was because they had basically opened themselves up to being subject to God's law. They were not required to obey it prior to eating from the tree; they were created innocent (although not perfect). But once they gained the knowledge of good and evil and the awareness of right and wrong, they became obligated to the law. Which is why they recognized that they were naked and tried to hide themselves.

Of course it depends on translation, but in the KJV and NKJV at least, God said "you MUST not eat" rather than "you SHALL not eat". Which I interpret to mean, as I said above, that God was warning Adam and Eve of the consequences of eating.

A rough analogy would be a parent raising a child. Some rules are given due to parental right, while others are given as ways of protecting the child from potential harm. And I think God's command regarding the tree falls under the latter. Of course, God has the right to make whatever rules He wants to, as He is sovereign. But what I'm saying is that God wanted to protect the couple from the harm that sin and death would bring to them.

On that note, I also believe this is why in Romans 3:23, "all have sinned" and "fall/come short" are two separate thoughts. Adam and Eve didn't sin until they ate from the tree, but already "fell short" by virtue of having been created. Anything that is not God "falls short" by default, because only God is perfect and He cannot create anything that would be equal to Himself. It's not logically possible. It is stated in Isaiah in a few places that He is God and there is no other beside Him. I believe it's by necessity that God has no equals or rivals.

$0.02

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
The day you gave your life to Christ and became a Born Again Christian, Spirit of God and Christ resides within you.
When you stand and apply God’s Word in your life………The Word becomes flesh
When you claim your inheritance as a believer for healing, provision, protection deliverance and Spiritual growth and God honors your request…………..The Word became flesh
"The day you gave your life to Christ and became a Born Again Christian, Spirit of God and Christ resides within you. " (y) Those with the ears to hear let them hear. Those with the eyes to see, let them see.
There are so many in this world that hold faith by the book. As if there is a manual, much like that which leads one to put a piece of furniture together, that is to be followed verbatim in order to be in the right faith with God. The book is meant to be a map. Not an idol.
However, this is a relationship with the greatest power in existence. And a healthy relationship doesn't follow a recipe. Doesn't follow a map that tells one, insert board B into slot C. A healthy relationship is where the two are one. And communication is mandatory and precious and unique between those two who do not lose who they are to each other. Rather, they grow as individuals because they are one together.

If we don't know what that is in this life, we will have a hard time recognizing it within our spirit.

That is why that great eternal power stands at the door of our human conscious awareness of that subjective "sense" in this world, and knocks to invite us through the narrow gate, the release of what we believe belief is meant to be, and open the gate, our psyche, so that we know The Word as it is meant to teach and lead the "I", the individual, in this relationship. And passing through that gate at the beckoning of that sacred and holy spirit within that calls us to trust and release our expectations,which lead us to expect something by the book, we find ourselves on the straight and narrow. Walking together with the greatest power in existence as "I" , that is made sacred and safe by The Word that called our name.

All that is flesh is limited in that confine. Releasing that attachment and trusting the journey opens the gate. "Be still and know that I Am God." The book of Psalms chapter 46.
I've found that repeating those words slowly , breathing correctly from the diaphragm, "I AMMMMMM", deepens prayer and meditation.
Don't let slings and arrows cross you and lead you to stop making sense. The level of animus you meet in the world to the truth of God in Christ in you, is a sign from God. That animus like unto an address in relation to that gate that opens upon that narrow road. The greater the derision, the anger, the condescension, the higher the house number away from that gate. They're not ready yet for the move. They're not willing to take a walk down their block to see what that other neighborhood is real-ly like. Because God knows it is not yet their time. [In the beginning before any scrolls, was The Word. And The Word was with God because The Word IS God. “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.”
God our Father is a higher consciousness. We're told our thoughts are not like Gods and Gods are not like unto our own. When we worship God we must do so in the spirit because God is spirit.

28. "But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding." The Book of Job chapter 3

The Book of John chapter 7:37-39
Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

17.“He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” The Book of Colossians chapter 1

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

So much writing without any understanding of what happened when the fruit of the forbidden tree was bitten. You make it sound like a good thing to decide for ourselves what is good and evil. No, no, no, that was their mindset at the time of the fall. They should have instead trusted God on what was good and evil. 17no.gif

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
So much writing without any understanding of what happened when the fruit of the forbidden tree was bitten. You make it sound like a good thing to decide for ourselves what is good and evil. No, no, no, that was their mindset at the time of the fall. They should have instead trusted God on what was good and evil. View attachment 213004
I make it sound that way to you given your current level of understanding.
I assure you, what I wrote is not what you think.

8084cc

Mar 11, 2020
San Diego, CA
I see God's command to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil as a warning. Let me explain that:

When God said "....for in the day you eat of it you shall surely die...", I believe He was warning Adam and Eve that they would bring spiritual death upon themselves as a natural consequence. I don't think that death was a specific penalty for the specific act of eating from the tree; rather death was because they had basically opened themselves up to being subject to God's law. They were not required to obey it prior to eating from the tree; they were created innocent (although not perfect). But once they gained the knowledge of good and evil and the awareness of right and wrong, they became obligated to the law. Which is why they recognized that they were naked and tried to hide themselves.

Of course it depends on translation, but in the KJV and NKJV at least, God said "you MUST not eat" rather than "you SHALL not eat". Which I interpret to mean, as I said above, that God was warning Adam and Eve of the consequences of eating.

A rough analogy would be a parent raising a child. Some rules are given due to parental right, while others are given as ways of protecting the child from potential harm. And I think God's command regarding the tree falls under the latter. Of course, God has the right to make whatever rules He wants to, as He is sovereign. But what I'm saying is that God wanted to protect the couple from the harm that sin and death would bring to them.

On that note, I also believe this is why in Romans 3:23, "all have sinned" and "fall/come short" are two separate thoughts. Adam and Eve didn't sin until they ate from the tree, but already "fell short" by virtue of having been created. Anything that is not God "falls short" by default, because only God is perfect and He cannot create anything that would be equal to Himself. It's not logically possible. It is stated in Isaiah in a few places that He is God and there is no other beside Him. I believe it's by necessity that God has no equals or rivals.

Good point concerning the already "fall short" of God's righteousness by the basic fact that they were created by God and are not able to obtain the righteousness or Holiness of God. Though they ate from the tree and became aware of good and evil, I believe that they were aware of the righteousness of God but not evil.
I believe you can have goodness without the presence of evil, but you can not have an awareness of evil without the presence of good. God is good and therefore his entire creation sustains goodness, but evil, like a parasite uses goodness as a host so it can be manifest by comparison.
The goodness of God leads you to repentance. It's that same goodness that brings awareness of your sinful nature.
The first thing God does is cover the flesh when they were aware of existence outside the perfect will of God. Anything contrary to the perfect will of God is sin. We see this clearly when Peter tried to prevent the crucifixion of Christ. You would consider that an act of love, but it was contrary to the will of God.
God let the events happen I believe for his glory, in which he has every right to take. I believe that before our salvation, or any other subject matter comes the glory of God. He has been patient waiting for it, and he will get it.

8084cc

Mar 11, 2020
San Diego, CA
I can't believe what I just read. My heart dropped in fear of your understanding.
You said in relevance to scripture that it's not about who's right or wrong but how one views the scripture to what they believe.
Do you honestly believe that? Please rethink that and weigh the severity of the consequences.
There is but one truth in the word of God, and it is of the up most importance to understand, accept, and embrace that truth.
One must be careful not to conform the word of God to fit their beliefs if their beliefs are not of the truth. In doing this you are subject to thwart the very character of God. You may end up worshipping a God of your understanding and not the true God of your salvation. This will cause you to worship an idol, and give you a false sense of saving faith. We must worship God in Spirit and in truth.
I will pray for you my dear brother.
There is no timeframe for correction of the truth in the word of God. I perceive you have a dim perception of general knowledge and wisdom. Keep asking God to show you more truth.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I make it sound that way to you given your current level of understanding.
I assure you, what I wrote is not what you think.
You whole post was predicated on the erroneous paragraph below; that Adam and eve had no conscious awareness of right and wrong. That is like saying God created them incomplete and ill prepared. That is not how He does things. I believe they knew right from wrong but just rebelled as Satan did earlier. The rest of the post seems to just reiterate your error.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It was God the Father who gave us His Son, and so arranged for our salvation and blessings----
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

L

Locoponydirtman

"The day you gave your life to Christ and became a Born Again Christian, Spirit of God and Christ resides within you. " (y) Those with the ears to hear let them hear. Those with the eyes to see, let them see.
There are so many in this world that hold faith by the book. As if there is a manual, much like that which leads one to put a piece of furniture together, that is to be followed verbatim in order to be in the right faith with God. The book is meant to be a map. Not an idol.
However, this is a relationship with the greatest power in existence. And a healthy relationship doesn't follow a recipe. Doesn't follow a map that tells one, insert board B into slot C. A healthy relationship is where the two are one. And communication is mandatory and precious and unique between those two who do not lose who they are to each other. Rather, they grow as individuals because they are one together.

If we don't know what that is in this life, we will have a hard time recognizing it within our spirit.

That is why that great eternal power stands at the door of our human conscious awareness of that subjective "sense" in this world, and knocks to invite us through the narrow gate, the release of what we believe belief is meant to be, and open the gate, our psyche, so that we know The Word as it is meant to teach and lead the "I", the individual, in this relationship. And passing through that gate at the beckoning of that sacred and holy spirit within that calls us to trust and release our expectations,which lead us to expect something by the book, we find ourselves on the straight and narrow. Walking together with the greatest power in existence as "I" , that is made sacred and safe by The Word that called our name.

All that is flesh is limited in that confine. Releasing that attachment and trusting the journey opens the gate. "Be still and know that I Am God." The book of Psalms chapter 46.
I've found that repeating those words slowly , breathing correctly from the diaphragm, "I AMMMMMM", deepens prayer and meditation.
Don't let slings and arrows cross you and lead you to stop making sense. The level of animus you meet in the world to the truth of God in Christ in you, is a sign from God. That animus like unto an address in relation to that gate that opens upon that narrow road. The greater the derision, the anger, the condescension, the higher the house number away from that gate. They're not ready yet for the move. They're not willing to take a walk down their block to see what that other neighborhood is real-ly like. Because God knows it is not yet their time. [In the beginning before any scrolls, was The Word. And The Word was with God because The Word IS God. “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.”
God our Father is a higher consciousness. We're told our thoughts are not like Gods and Gods are not like unto our own. When we worship God we must do so in the spirit because God is spirit.

28. "But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding." The Book of Job chapter 3

The Book of John chapter 7:37-39
Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

17.“He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” The Book of Colossians chapter 1

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

This is horrific advice.
This is basically advocating interpreting scripture according to what we feel like God is saying.
That's backward.
We interpret what we feel like God is saying to us according to scripture. We interpret everything in life according to scripture. And that does not make an idol of scripture. God and His word are one, just ask Jesus and the father are one. You can't make an idol of God nor of his word.
what an absurd thing to say that one could make an idol of God's word.

Mar 28, 2016
Those with what kind of eyes to see and ears to hear. Eyes and ear that follow the prescriptions God has given us.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Eyes and ears that are open ed by the living abiding words of a book?

Isaiah 29:18-19 King James Version (KJV) And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. The meek also shall increase their joy in the Lord, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

Yes a map as a law not subject to change. Rather than making the things seen the temporal a idol.

A healthy relationship abides when two walk together comparing the spiritual understanding of one portion of scripture to another. To those who are seeking another kind of understanding other than sola scriptura. To them that kind of reasoning sounds like baby talk

The people say, “Who does he think he is trying to teach and explain his message to? Does he think we are babies who were at their mother’s breast only a very short time ago? He speaks to us as though we were babies:“Saw lasaw saw lasawQaw laqaw qaw laqawZe’er sham ze’er sham.” So God will use this strange way of talking, and he will use other languages to speak to these people. In the past he spoke to them and said, “Here is a resting place. Let those who are tired come and rest. This is the place of peace.”But they would not listen to him. So the Lord’s words will be senseless sounds to them:“Saw lasaw saw lasaw.Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.Ze’er sham ze’er sham.” When the people try to walk, they will fall backwards. They will be defeated, trapped, and captured.9-13

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
A healthy relationship abides when two walk together comparing the spiritual understanding of one portion of scripture to another. To those who are seeking another kind of understanding other than sola scriptura. To them that kind of reasoning sounds like baby talk
Here is another example illustrating why you need a class in basic English.

You decry baby talk, but frankly, because of your grammar, your "sentences" are little better.

You constantly post your view as to what Scripture means, but your grasp of written English is so poor that most readers ignore you. What is the value of sharing your opinion on such an important subject if nobody wants to read it? Please, humble yourself and take a class.

8084cc

Mar 11, 2020
San Diego, CA
If not mistaken, you just chastised yourself here?
I'm sorry, I should of just asked.
Why did you post a clock to my comment that stands for the term "old news" or "outdated"?
Did someone else comment some similar subject matter and I missed it? I apologise if so.