There have been many claimants to the title of the Messiah as predicted in the Torah. How can we know Jesus is the right one?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No historical evidence of the census requiring everyone to move to the town of their birth (so I guess the economy is gonna shut down whilst x% of people are travelling?). The Romans were scrupulous record keepers, yet there is no mention of this census.
Fallacy: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Since you don't want others to employ logical fallacies, you aren't going to either, right?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That wasn't a 'yes'. How could I trap you?
I believe the Bible is truth. However, I suspect that in response you will rip some verse from its context and ask me if I think it's true.

Don't bother. I won't justify wanton stupidity.

Apr 14, 2020
Fallacy: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Since you don't want others to employ logical fallacies, you aren't going to either, right?
True. In fact, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all speak of Jesus' parents traveling to Bethlehem due to the tax census, so that does count as evidence he was born there.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
True. In fact, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all speak of Jesus' parents traveling to Bethlehem due to the tax census, so that does count as evidence he was born there.
Thank you for acknowledging that.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Ah. Wait. Sorry. My bad. Only Luke contains that narrative.
Matthew 2:1 "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king...." It doesn't state that his parents traveled for the census, but it corroborates Luke's assertion (and Micah's prophecy) that Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

So are you going to retract your statement or are you going to argue further?

Mar 28, 2016
Wow, you have really mixed up the Scriptures. John had doubts, and he sent some of his followers to Jesus with a simple but important question. No fasting, no prayer, no lies from the accuser... and it's NOT a parable!

Those literally blind had their eyesight restored. Those who literally could not walk were restored to mobility. Those who were literal lepers were cleansed. Those who were literally dead were raised again to earthly life. Those who were literally poor received good news. When you take away the literal interpretation, the entire earthly ministry of Jesus becomes meaningless, because the spiritual truth is left with no basis in tangible reality.
Of course its a parable they give the meaning of faith the unseen eternal . Without parables Christ spoke not . Those words he spoke are all gospel metaphors. The new tongue of the believers as sign that follows. John received the rest a perfect assurance coming from the apostle Jesus is the one whom the father worked in . The Son of man is regard to his corrupted flesh did not do his own will. Making men as gods in the image of men .Is what Catholics do best with their legion of patron saints (3500 and rising picking up speed). .The foundation of necromancy . Why anyone would desire to follow after that kind of teaching Master it is foreign from the understanding of scripture. Is that your hope? Walk by sight? Seek after wonderments and not faith?

Its what some Jews required .Do a miracle and when we see it then we will believe (exercise a work faith ).. Out of sight out of mind pagan foundation .Be your own god.

Mark 16:16-18 King James Version (KJV) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

What do the metaphors in the above parable represent ?Do we need to literal drink poison? Does touching others with corrupted hands of mankind raise people from the dead?

If you do not understanding of that parable how could you with any other?

Apr 14, 2020
Matthew 2:1 "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king...." It doesn't state that his parents traveled for the census, but it corroborates Luke's assertion (and Micah's prophecy) that Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

So are you going to retract your statement or are you going to argue further?
Retract what statement?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Of course its a parable they give the meaning of faith the unseen eternal . Without parables Christ spoke not . Those words he spoke are all gospel metaphors. The new tongue of the believers as sign that follows. John received the rest a perfect assurance coming from the apostle Jesus is the one whom the father worked in . The Son of man is regard to his corrupted flesh did not do his own will. Making men as gods in the image of men .Is what Catholics do best with their legion of patron saints (3500 and rising picking up speed). .The foundation of necromancy . Why anyone would desire to follow after that kind of teaching Master it is foreign from the understanding of scripture. Is that your hope? Walk by sight? Seek after wonderments and not faith?

Its what some Jews required .Do a miracle and when we see it then we will believe (exercise a work faith ).. Out of sight out of mind pagan foundation .Be your own god.

Mark 16:16-18 King James Version (KJV) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

What do the metaphors in the above parable represent ?Do we need to literal drink poison? Does touching others with corrupted hands of mankind raise people from the dead?

If you do not understanding of that parable how could you with any other?
Mixed-up, meaningless, irrelevant blather.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Retract what statement?
"Jesus wasn't born in Bethlehem."

You have not presented any evidence either that Jesus was born somewhere else, or that He was never born. That leaves you with exactly one option: that He was indeed born in Bethlehem as the Bible states.

Are you going to make directly contradictory statements about everything the Bible says? Step up and provide your evidence next time, along with your assertion.

Mar 28, 2016
Wow, you have really mixed up the Scriptures. John had doubts, and he sent some of his followers to Jesus with a simple but important question. No fasting, no prayer, no lies from the accuser... and it's NOT a parable!

Those literally blind had their eyesight restored. Those who literally could not walk were restored to mobility. Those who were literal lepers were cleansed. Those who were literally dead were raised again to earthly life. Those who were literally poor received good news. When you take away the literal interpretation, the entire earthly ministry of Jesus becomes meaningless, because the spiritual truth is left with no basis in tangible reality.
tangible faithless reality or mix faith the unseen with the temporal seen?

Yes all works to show the father is doing the unseen gospel work.

Today we have the perfect no more denonstration of the power of the father are available. Those who walk by the faith of Christ that dwell in these earthen body do not require another demonstration. . only one was promised.

How else would you suggest we rightfully divide the parables (prophecy) Just keep wondering?

What's the purpose of the 20/20 prescription? To create a wonder or would that be a lying sign?

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Just wondering. Which teaching Good Master today seeing no man can serve two.?

Apr 14, 2020
"Jesus wasn't born in Bethlehem."

You have not presented any evidence either that Jesus was born somewhere else, or that He was never born. That leaves you with exactly one option: that He was indeed born in Bethlehem as the Bible states.

Are you going to make directly contradictory statements about everything the Bible says? Step up and provide your evidence next time, along with your assertion.
I assert Jesus was born in Nazareth.

Apr 14, 2020
Thanks... I think. ;)

I've been dealing with Garee for going on two years. He gets similar responses from me frequently.
I can't make sense of what you're about with him.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
tangible faithless reality or mix faith the unseen with the temporal seen?

Yes all works to show the father is doing the unseen gospel work.

Today we have the perfect no more denonstration of the power of the father are available. Those who walk by the faith of Christ that dwell in these earthen body do not require another demonstration. . only one was promised.

How else would you suggest we rightfully divide the parables (prophecy) Just keep wondering?

What's the purpose of the 20/20 prescription? To create a wonder or would that be a lying sign?

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Just wondering. Which teaching Good Master today seeing no man can serve two.?
I'm not going to entertain comments and questions that are irrelevant to this thread.