There have been many claimants to the title of the Messiah as predicted in the Torah. How can we know Jesus is the right one?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Acts 17 -

2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Christ,” he declared. 4 Some of the Jews were persuaded [ * G3982 - epeisthēsan / peithó (passive)] and joined Paul and Silas, along with a large number of God-fearing Greeks and quite a few leading women.

* "3982 peíthō (the root of 4102 /pístis, "faith") – to persuade; (passive) be persuaded of what is trustworthy.
The Lord persuades the yielded believer to be confident in His preferred-will (Gal 5:10; 2 Tim 1:12). 3982 (peíthō) involves "obedience, but it is properly the result of (God's) persuasion" (WS, 422)."

https://biblehub.com/greek/3982.htm

Jul 6, 2020
Frankly, in light of your other posts, that's pathetic.
Dude, I know the type.
I was the type, slippery snake, never wrong, never right except in their own minds.
They are always about 18 inches away from the ugly truth.
He is just playing with himself delighting in his own mind.
Who you are or what you have to say are of no value to such a man other then for the purposes of his own mental masturbation.
Do you really want to be a part of that?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You ask questions and want evidence for the answers. Then when someone asks you a question, you mock and dodge.

Nobody is going to take you seriously if you act like an idiot when people respond to your questions.

Apr 14, 2020
You ask questions and want evidence for the answers. Then when someone asks you a question, you mock and dodge.

Nobody is going to take you seriously if you act like an idiot when people respond to your questions.
Okay

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The gospels tell us that Jesus was born in Bethlehem, not in Nazareth.

Instead of posting three or four words at a time and considering that to be sufficient warrant for your position, how about you step up and provide explanations, not snarky quips.

Apr 14, 2020
The gospels tell us that Jesus was born in Bethlehem, not in Nazareth.

Instead of posting three or four words at a time and considering that to be sufficient warrant for your position, how about you step up and provide explanations, not snarky quips.
Okay I will Dino

Apr 2, 2020
Fallacy: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Since you don't want others to employ logical fallacies, you aren't going to either, right?
It's not quite a fallacy, it's an argument from silence. It's not wholly inappropriate, but it is a very weak argument considering the number of assumptions that are required to support it.

Of course, she'd have to demonstrate why we would expect such records to be preserved considering how little has actually managed to survive the 2000 years inbetween to even begin considering such an argument.

Apr 14, 2020
It's not quite a fallacy, it's an argument from silence. It's not wholly inappropriate, but it is a very weak argument considering the number of assumptions that are required to support it.

Of course, she'd have to demonstrate why we would expect such records to be preserved considering how little has actually managed to survive the 2000 years inbetween to even begin considering such an argument.
Fair point.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
this is why you did want to go first. you wanted a sounding board for your non-belief.
I'm posting this because many good people here are trying to get through to someone who has no interest whatever. You're being played! And it breaks my heart to see good hearted sisters and brothers giving their blessed effort thinking they'll reach someone who is actually here to mock and ridicule everything we hold dear.

They're here to mock Christians. "No logical fallacies please." Because they counter with those very things as part of their tactic.
http://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/engl1311/fallacies.htm

They're following a playbook right off the net. An old playbook created by, no surprise, an atheist. I edited the vulgarity to a point. The latter part of the blog has too many vulgarities to bother with. But I posted this so you all know what you're dealing with in the resident troll that seeks to keep us occupied trying to change a mind that is already dead set against God and Christ and is clearly focused on having a go at us. Or, any faithful. No doubt they're trolling other Christian sites too.

God is Hate Blogspot https://godishate.blogspot.com/2012/08/trolling-christian-chat-rooms-101.html
Trolling Christian Chat Rooms 101

Two New Christian Chatrooms! I have yet to troll them so I can't offer any specific advice. Check them out and report back in the comment section.

Make your first visits reconnaissance and get to know the players before your start trolling.

CHRISTIAN CHAT

Christian Chat Rooms & Forums @ Christian Chat .com!

Christian Chat Rooms | Gods Chat Room

Update! This currently is the most active Christian Chat Room. Troll smart troll hard! http://www.christianchat.net/

The above chat room is full of very ignorant &&&& wads and arrogant know it alls. Calvinisim really sends them for a loop. Salvation by grace is another topic that gets them riled up. Most Christians are the John 3:16 variety. They believe that simply believing that Jesus is God get you a free pass to heaven in spite of what an asshole you have been in your life but of course the Bible contradicts that.

Go there and tell them that salvation through grace is a false doctrine and then present the following scriptures.

These say that your salvation is predetermined.
  • Eph.1:4-5 "He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will."
  • Rom.8:29-30 "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
  • 2 Tim.1:9 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began."
....but of course the Bible contradicts itself.
  1. Work your way to heaven.
    For you render to each one according to his works. -- Psalm 62:12
    For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. -- Matthew 16.27
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. -- Revelation 20:12-13
    Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. -- 2 Corinthians 11:15
    The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work. -- 1 Peter 1:17
    What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? -- James 2:14, 17, 20, 24, 26
    I will give unto every one of you according to your works. -- Revelation 2:23
    Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work. -- Revelation 22:12

Christians suck and they are really %*%*ing annoying. They are also as dishonest as a Mitt Romney political ad. The fun thing about Christians is when it comes to the Bible they don't know shit so it is really easy to fuck with them.

If these smug pious hypocrites p&&& you off with their evil lying and hypocrisy then pay them a visit and ask them some tough questions. The best place to &%&% with them are in Christian chat rooms.

List of Christian chat rooms.

http://www.christianchat.info/

http://www.talkjesus.com/water-cooler/5036-chat.html#.U558JPldVQE

http://www.christianchat.net/

Here is a Jews for Jesus Chat http://www.jewsforjesus.org/online-chat

Jews are generally pretty smart but these are Jews for Jesus so these are probably as dumb as the average Christian. Hit the with some Evils of the Torah.

As you know Jews are still waiting the Messiah and the reason that they don't think Jesus is the real deal is because he fails to meet the prophetic criteria. From a Biblical perspective Jesus cannot be the Messiah. Click here for Jesus False Messiah.

Gone SHUT DOWN! http://www.jesuschatrooms.com/20+.html

http://chataboutjesus.com/

Gone SHUT DOWN! http://www.jesuschatrooms.com/

http://www.jesuschatroom.com/ These ones are really nasty.

http://visitationspirit.org/living-jesus-chat-room/chat-membership/

http://www.christkorner.com/

Going into a Christian Chatroom and telling them they are a bunch of hypocrites will get you banned immediately so start off slow. Get a feel for the members by reading what they are saying.

Knowledge is power and Christians are know it alls but when it comes to the Bible they don't know %*%*. So go in with more knowledge than the hypocrites/morons/Christians and doing that is quite easy.

The Bible has less that 300 nice things in it and over 2000 contradictions. Here is a SHORT LIST OF BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS

UPDATE: Mormon Chat Is Very Troll Worthy Click HERE!

A good question to ask is; "If Jesus is God and Jesus and Jesus and Lucifer are brothers is Lucifer also God? Mormons believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

Here is a good example: After you get these morons to say that the Bible is 100% true ask them what Jesus' last word were. They won't know. They rarely read the Bible yet they base their bullshit faith and world view on it.

The Blog continues and is full of even more vulgarity. Enter at your own risk.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I found that blog when I was looking for our resident troll and added christian chat forums. It took many pages of scanning to see if I could find their name, but when I saw the link to the blog site, God is Hate, and read it I knew I found what appears to be their playbook for messing with the Christians here.

You'll notice in their threads if you've paid them that much attention, the questions this blog suggests are likely the ones BL asks in some form or fashion. Even when starting their own threads.

Be aware too, if that blog site is any warning, there will be more of "them" likely to come as the site invites its readers, as old as it is and still on the net, to attack Christian sites. An atheist blog site! I put this blog link in two other of their threads yesterday, Saturday. I won't be surprised a bit if a new member suddenly appears as an atheist seeking Christ. Since we have one that's here to ridicule Christ.

That blogger even has another page, The Atheist Bible Study
Scroll down and you'll see, Are Atheists Too Offensive? (or, 'How To Debate a Believer')

I guess he imagines himself intellectually superior to believers. How intellectually superior is someone who lives their life affirming there is no such thing as, whatever they wish to name, and then dedicate blog space over and over to talking about what they don't believe exists?

Anyway, the best weapon against evil is knowledge. Now you have it. Chew on it and see if Buff doesn't seem to be following a pattern those links forewarn you exits. Because an atheist went to the trouble of outlining how to troll Christians.

I think we should pray for Buffy. They're empty when this is how they fill their time.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I'm not sure that is is.

'There have been many claimants to the title of Messiah as predicted in the Torah'

is distinct from

'There have been claimants to the title of Messiah, as predicted in the Torah" '
Goodness, now they're applying their own version of Comma Johanneum .

NOTE: My apologies in sharing from that atheist Blog I missed editing the last vulgarity. Forgive me.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
.......ain't trolls wonderful?...........

Mar 27, 2020
No logical fallacies please.
Logical..fallacies? What a great example of an oxymoron THAT is. There were some 25 men who came along and claimed to be the prophesied Messiah before Jesus. Problem was that there were over 300 prophesies in the O.T. concerning the Messiah to come. The BEST of those 25 Messiah wannabees fulfilled..3. But Jesus Christ fulfilled ALL 300! With most of them being not self fullfillable. Study those prophesies and you will be amazed. Isiah 53 is a good start. But I was more than amazed. I went from being an arrogant Agnostic to being a Christian. So, Ironically, I was converted to Christianity by the Jewish O.T. I read Psalm 22 there which prophesied the Crucifixion of the Messiah, in SPECIFIC detail, 700 years before the event! Jesus pointed to this prophecy of His crucifixion as He hung from the cross by quoting the first line of Psalm 22.. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Then it prophesies.."They have pierced my hands and my feet.".. "For my garment they cast lots." Psalm 22 even prophesies the words that would be used to mock Him.. "He trusted in God. Let God deliver him." When I finished reading Psalm 22 I dropped to mt knees, in tears, and said.. "O God. Only you could do this!"