There will be no Rapture!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 24, 2024
Your problem:

The phenomenon of the AC. Who he is, when he is, what he becomes, what he represents, how the OT types describe him (HINT: GOLIATH THE NEPHILIM!), and much more.

The ONLY person in Scripture that is described to have been indwelt by Satan is......JUDAS. Who was ALWAYS the enemy in the midst, always opposed Christ.

No other person in history fits the description of the AC, therefore, the prophecies of Revelation cannot possibly have come to pass.

Jhn 6:70
Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is ["a" NOT IN TEXT] devil? G1228

"THE devil" (G1228) as in every other place used.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g1228/kjv/tr/0-1/
The Bible introduces the AC but in all places he is mentioned he does not make an evil impact until mid point. The Peace Treaty in itself is not Evil.

Jan 24, 2024
Agree!

I think this member makes a good argument against the great vanishing.
@Angela53510 states:

This is where not knowing Koine Greek messes up your theology. In fact:

"ἔπειτα ἡμεῖς οἱ ζῶντες οἱ περιλειπόμενοι ἅμα σὺν αὐτοῖς ἁρπαγησόμεθα ἐν νεφέλαις εἰς ἀπάντησιν τοῦ κυρίου εἰς ἀέρα· καὶ οὕτως πάντοτε σὺν κυρίῳ ἐσόμεθα." 1 Thess 4:17

The key issues, are:

1. that heaven is not mentioned in the verse! ἀέρα or "air" is the air around us. Ouranos is heaven, and does not appear in this verse! So, we are not going to heaven with Jesus.

2. "secret" is not found in this verse. There can be no "secret." In fact, elsewhere it says of the Second Coming of Jesus:

"Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen." Rev 1:7

This is the Second Coming talked about in 1 Thess 4:17. Every eye will see him! Nothing secret at all!

3. ἀπάντησιν. This word means "to meet" as your translation correctly says. However, the translation neglects to mention the rest of the meaning. Cleon Roger's Jr & Cleon Rodgers III scholarly book, "The
New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament," (which we used in Baptist seminary), gives the complete definition. It refers to the return of a conquering hero. The people go out to meet the victor and accompany him back to their city. This word is found only in 3 places on the NT. In Acts 28:15, it refers to the people going out "to meet" Paul, and then return with him to the Rome.

In 1 Thess 4:17, it refers to Christians meeting Jesus in the air around us, and then returning to earth for Judgement Day. Heaven is not where we go, apantesin means the people "meet and return" to earth with Jesus. Paul used that word on purpose, just as Luke did in Acts 28:15.

4. Finally this supposed rapture! Only one Bible contains a transliteration of "harpazo" into rapture and that is Jerome's Latin Bible, translated in the 4th century AD. So 400 years after Christ, and Jerome did not know Koine Greek well, as it was starting to die out. Harpazo means "to snatch, grab!" This refers to the suddenness of the Second Coming! Jerome transliterated, not translated harpazo to sound like a similar Latin word. That being rapiere, which means "abduct" according to one source. Will Jesus abduct us? Not likely. But he will suddenly grab us, so we can meet him in the air.

Further, hermeneutics or Bible interpretation requires we do not make a major doctrine out of one verse in the Bible. There must be many references, for anything to become a pivotal doctrine, which rapture does not have. In fact, the word "Rapture" does not appear in the Bible at all, but the Second Coming does!

1 Thess 4:17 is a reference to Jesus Christ's Second Coming! We are waiting for Jesus to return, not a nonsensical "secret rapture to heaven." Not one of those words is present in 1 Thess 4:17, in Koine Greek or English!
AMEN!

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Agree!

I think this member makes a good argument against the great vanishing.
@Angela53510 states:

This is where not knowing Koine Greek messes up your theology. In fact:

"ἔπειτα ἡμεῖς οἱ ζῶντες οἱ περιλειπόμενοι ἅμα σὺν αὐτοῖς ἁρπαγησόμεθα ἐν νεφέλαις εἰς ἀπάντησιν τοῦ κυρίου εἰς ἀέρα· καὶ οὕτως πάντοτε σὺν κυρίῳ ἐσόμεθα." 1 Thess 4:17

The key issues, are:

1. that heaven is not mentioned in the verse! ἀέρα or "air" is the air around us. Ouranos is heaven, and does not appear in this verse! So, we are not going to heaven with Jesus.

2. "secret" is not found in this verse. There can be no "secret." In fact, elsewhere it says of the Second Coming of Jesus:

"Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen." Rev 1:7

This is the Second Coming talked about in 1 Thess 4:17. Every eye will see him! Nothing secret at all!

3. ἀπάντησιν. This word means "to meet" as your translation correctly says. However, the translation neglects to mention the rest of the meaning. Cleon Roger's Jr & Cleon Rodgers III scholarly book, "The
New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament," (which we used in Baptist seminary), gives the complete definition. It refers to the return of a conquering hero. The people go out to meet the victor and accompany him back to their city. This word is found only in 3 places on the NT. In Acts 28:15, it refers to the people going out "to meet" Paul, and then return with him to the Rome.

In 1 Thess 4:17, it refers to Christians meeting Jesus in the air around us, and then returning to earth for Judgement Day. Heaven is not where we go, apantesin means the people "meet and return" to earth with Jesus. Paul used that word on purpose, just as Luke did in Acts 28:15.

4. Finally this supposed rapture! Only one Bible contains a transliteration of "harpazo" into rapture and that is Jerome's Latin Bible, translated in the 4th century AD. So 400 years after Christ, and Jerome did not know Koine Greek well, as it was starting to die out. Harpazo means "to snatch, grab!" This refers to the suddenness of the Second Coming! Jerome transliterated, not translated harpazo to sound like a similar Latin word. That being rapiere, which means "abduct" according to one source. Will Jesus abduct us? Not likely. But he will suddenly grab us, so we can meet him in the air.

Further, hermeneutics or Bible interpretation requires we do not make a major doctrine out of one verse in the Bible. There must be many references, for anything to become a pivotal doctrine, which rapture does not have. In fact, the word "Rapture" does not appear in the Bible at all, but the Second Coming does!

1 Thess 4:17 is a reference to Jesus Christ's Second Coming! We are waiting for Jesus to return, not a nonsensical "secret rapture to heaven." Not one of those words is present in 1 Thess 4:17, in Koine Greek or English!

The Rapture is not the immediate going to Heaven. Its to be caught up in the clouds.
You act like we think we are going to be taken right to heaven in the Rapture.

We will be looking down on the earth below us.
In resurrection bodies such high altitude will not even be noticed as an issue.

Why do some FEAR and fight this so much? Its like they are spokesmen for the Devil who hates the hope the teaching of the Rapture is supposed to produce in Spirit led believers. Why the FEAR and resentment?

According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until
the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the
Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the
archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After
that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the
clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Therefore encourage one another with these words."

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18​

To me?
Christians who fight that?
Are being manipulated by strange spirits in their midst...

Or... being discovered by strange spirits to be kindred of kind.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
You seem to have a good grasp of Israelite history and culture.

So let me ask you this:
how many "honeymoon at the Father's house [pre-wedding supper] snatches" have there been in Israel since the Exodus?

Untold millions upon millions.

If your eschatology does not match the Jewish wedding pattern.....it is undoubtedly wrong.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
If your eschatology does not match the Jewish wedding pattern.....it is undoubtedly wrong.
The Adam pattern.
The Passover pattern.
The Exodus pattern.
The Jordan crossing pattern.
The Job pattern.
The conquest of Joshua pattern.
The flood pattern.
The Jewish wedding pattern.

These all must align to whatever eschatological view that you care to espouse.

And anything OTHER than pre-trib rapture.......breaks the pattern. And is undoubtedly wrong.

Aug 3, 2018
Wait a minute. Your posts are confusing me. (Perhaps I'm thinking of a different poster/member and confusing you with him. It's possible.)

Aren't you the one who holds to a "mid-trib [pre-Satan's-wrath] rapture"-timing?

If so, doesn't that mean that you believe we'll be "caught up" around MID-trib (when there are 1260 days remaining to His Second Coming to the earth Rev19)??

And if THAT IS what you believe, "where" do you believe we will BE for those "1260 days" (of the second half of the Trib yrs)? Do you believe we will STAY "IN THE AIR" for that length of time? Or what?

[Angela believes the "U-turn" idea (re: G726) which from her perspective takes place at the time of [what we label] "the Second Coming"--a term she is saying IS found in the Bible in contrast to the word "rapture" WHICH ISN'T (according to her post you liked and "Amen'd")]

The thing is (and I said this in some previous post), 1Thess4:17 (not only NOT being the ONLY verse "on the Subject") is IN THE CONTEXT of 1Thess3:13 (which informs us OF THE LOCATION we'll be headed after the "IN THE AIR" spot where the "MEETING OF THE LORD" will first take place--but that's not the end of the story [we don't "hang around in the air" for either 1260 days, nor for "7 yrs"]--we head on up TO WHERE 3:13 says! And it is FROM THERE [that the later thing happens-->] we return WITH HIM, and that's what 4:17 *means* where it talks about HOW IT IS that God will ALSO "BRING WITH HIM/JESUS," meaning, WHEN HE RETURNS TO THE EARTH at Rev19 [not at the time-slot of when we're "caught up [G726]"--At THAT point we head UP TO the 3:13 LOCATION!])

So where it says (regarding "the dead in Christ") "shall God BRING WITH [G4862] HIM/Jesus," it is NOT talking about them coming with Him when He is DESCENDS FROM HEAVEN (FOR the meeting "IN THE AIR") in their spirits (which have been "at-home-with the Lord" since they died), NO!; rather it is talking about what happens SUBSEQUENTLY TO our being caught up together with them (when the fact of: "SO [/in this manner] shall we [the Church which is His body IN ITS ENTIRETY] ever be WITH [G4862-UNIONed-with] the Lord" (and not BEFORE the "caught up" moment--i.e. like the dead in Christ's "spirits" descending from heaven when HE does, like many suppose this is saying by the words "shall God bring WITH Him/Jesus"--It isn't speaking of that, here.)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Wait a minute. Your posts are confusing me. (Perhaps I'm thinking of a different poster/member and confusing you with him. It's possible.)

Aren't you the one who holds to a "mid-trib [pre-Satan's-wrath] rapture"-timing?

If so, doesn't that mean that you believe we'll be "caught up" around MID-trib (when there are 1260 days remaining to His Second Coming to the earth Rev19)??

And if THAT IS what you believe, "where" do you believe we will BE for those "1260 days" (of the second half of the Trib yrs)? Do you believe we will STAY "IN THE AIR" for that length of time? Or what?

[Angela believes the "U-turn" idea (re: G726) which from her perspective takes place at the time of [what we label] "the Second Coming"--a term she is saying IS found in the Bible in contrast to the word "rapture" WHICH ISN'T (according to her post you liked and "Amen'd")]

The thing is (and I said this in some previous post), 1Thess4:17 (not only NOT being the ONLY verse "on the Subject") is IN THE CONTEXT of 1Thess3:13 (which informs us OF THE LOCATION we'll be headed after the "IN THE AIR" spot where the "MEETING OF THE LORD" will first take place--but that's not the end of the story [we don't "hang around in the air" for either 1260 days, nor for "7 yrs"]--we head on up TO WHERE 3:13 says! And it is FROM THERE [that the later thing happens-->] we return WITH HIM, and that's what 4:17 *means* where it talks about HOW IT IS that God will ALSO "BRING WITH HIM/JESUS," meaning, WHEN HE RETURNS TO THE EARTH at Rev19 [not at the time-slot of when we're "caught up [G726]"--At THAT point we head UP TO the 3:13 LOCATION!])

So where it says (regarding "the dead in Christ") "shall God BRING WITH [G4862] HIM/Jesus," it is NOT talking about them coming with Him when He is DESCENDS FROM HEAVEN (FOR the meeting "IN THE AIR") in their spirits (which have been "at-home-with the Lord" since they died), NO!; rather it is talking about what happens SUBSEQUENTLY TO our being caught up together with them (when the fact of: "SO [/in this manner] shall we [the Church which is His body IN ITS ENTIRETY] ever be WITH [G4862-UNIONed-with] the Lord" (and not BEFORE the "caught up" moment--i.e. like the dead in Christ's "spirits" descending from heaven when HE does, like many suppose this is saying by the words "shall God bring WITH Him/Jesus"--It isn't speaking of that, here.)
Yes. The fact is.....the ONLY view that checks all the necessary Biblical boxes is the pre-trib rapture.

Frankly the rapture is boilerplate doctrine founded upon Scripture.

Feb 8, 2021
Yes. The fact is.....the ONLY view that checks all the necessary Biblical boxes is the pre-trib rapture.

Frankly the rapture is boilerplate doctrine founded upon Scripture.
Actually, reading through these posts, I find myself actually fine with the idea of agreeing with those who have the Marine mentality of toughness; thinking that they will survive one out of every two people being murdered upon this earth as the outflow of the great wrath of the Lamb in the first 42 months. They can go for it with gusto. If that's what they want to believe for themselves, then they have that freedom that I will never try to take away from them.

For those who believe in the blessed hope, which Paul defined as deliverance FROM rather WITHIN, then those who believe in remaining here, to be battered, beaten, bruised and tortured, with only a 50% chance of being among those who escape being among the murdered masses of the earth, they are free to stay if they so desire.

The Lord is potentially willing to give the desires of the heart to whosoever claims to follow Him. Those who believe they will be left here, then they are certainly free to try and live that out as best they can. I'm too old to play like a Marine, fighting as young men in those trenches with every other human around me being wiped out in just 42 short months.

I salute all those toughies out there who will remain to tell us all later what it was like...if they remain in Christ through that ordeal.

MM

Jan 24, 2024
You seem to have a good grasp of Israelite history and culture.

So let me ask you this:
how many "honeymoon at the Father's house [pre-wedding supper] snatches" have there been in Israel since the Exodus?

Untold millions upon millions.

I believe there's a 1,000 year marriage supper, not a 7 year.

Jan 24, 2024

I believe Revelation has Raptures different than what Paul is talking about.
Revelation has the Two Witnesses [Body of Believers from every tongue/nation] + Beheaded
Paul has the "Twinkling of an Eye change" Event from corruptible to incorruptible at the end of Tribulation going directly into Armageddon.

Feb 8, 2021
Revelation has the Two Witnesses [Body of Believers from every tongue/nation] + Beheaded
Paul has the "Twinkling of an Eye change" Event from corruptible to incorruptible at the end of Tribulation going directly into Armageddon.
I have to ask this: So, you're thinking that every believer around the world who allegedly comprise those "two witnesses" will all be killed together, in just one day, and left laying in the streets of every nation's cities, only to rise up to life in three days? How could the man of sin pull that off, and get every one of them with none allegedly escaping? The narrative gives no other wiggle room than for that one scenario, as I see it. Please explain the seeming contradiction.

Is it also your contention that each and every one of them will be able to breath fire from their mouths to consume all who try to harm them in the first 42 months? How would there ever be any defense forces left around the world...enough to kill them all at the end of 42 months? Is it those two groupings who bring about much of the deaths around the world to the tune of more than 50% wiped out in just the first 42 months?

Clarification please.

MM

Aug 3, 2018
I still don't know your answer to my question (or 2 questions):

--"WHERE" do you think we go following "the meeting of the Lord IN THE AIR"?

--"WHEN" do you believe "our Rapture" takes place (in relation to the Trib years)?
[I thought you earlier said "pre-Satan's-wrath" i.e. MID-trib/Pre-Wrath... something along those lines... no?]

_____

[for the readers: I believe there is only ONE "Rapture" and it pertains SOLELY TO "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"... it does NOT pertain to all other saints of all OTHER time periods: not to OT saints, not to Trib saints, not to MK saints; I do NOT believe an "ascension" is equivalent to a "SNATCH [G726 - rapture / caught up]"]

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I believe there's a 1,000 year marriage supper, not a 7 year.
Precisely. That is exactly what pre-tribbers believe.

There is no 7 year tribulation vis a vis the rapture, nor the wedding supper.

The tribulation concerns the final redemption of ISRAEL primarily. Gentiles get saved too of course.

And Satan is defeated.

Do not mix the trib with the BLESSED rapture or BLESSED wedding supper.

Jan 24, 2024
I have to ask this: So, you're thinking that every believer around the world who allegedly comprise those "two witnesses" will all be killed together, in just one day, and left laying in the streets of every nation's cities, only to rise up to life in three days? How could the man of sin pull that off, and get every one of them with none allegedly escaping? The narrative gives no other wiggle room than for that one scenario, as I see it. Please explain the seeming contradiction.

Is it also your contention that each and every one of them will be able to breath fire from their mouths to consume all who try to harm them in the first 42 months? How would there ever be any defense forces left around the world...enough to kill them all at the end of 42 months? Is it those two groupings who bring about much of the deaths around the world to the tune of more than 50% wiped out in just the first 42 months?

Clarification please.

MM
What's the difference between Raptured in one day or as you ask of it? It's one day.
Bible plainly states the AC is given by GOD the power to make war and overcome the SAINTS [plural].
7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them

And here is some enlightenment for ya.
If there was just 2 single men as the olive trees and lampstands how come those on Earth, not some where these 2 men could only be but those who [[dwell on earth]] be tormented by the 2 Witnesses. If these 2 single men where in England, how could the USA be tormented?

10 And they that dwell on the earth rejoice over them and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another, because these two prophets tormented them that dwell on the earth.

And there's proof of who is being tormented for first 3 1/2 years those who oppose God not those of God.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Nope. That is a mess bro.

The truth of the end-times is far more cogent, detailed, unequivocal, unambiguous.
It is not confusing or intentionally abstruse.

See my earlier posts. Do I sound confused to you?
Or exquisitely sensible?

Jan 24, 2024
I still don't know your answer to my question (or 2 questions):

--"WHERE" do you think we go following "the meeting of the Lord IN THE AIR"?

--"WHEN" do you believe "our Rapture" takes place (in relation to the Trib years)?
[I thought you earlier said "pre-Satan's-wrath" i.e. MID-trib/Pre-Wrath... something along those lines... no?]

_____

[for the readers: I believe there is only ONE "Rapture" and it pertains SOLELY TO "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"... it does NOT pertain to all other saints of all OTHER time periods: not to OT saints, not to Trib saints, not to MK saints; I do NOT believe an "ascension" is equivalent to a "SNATCH [G726 - rapture / caught up]"]
I don't think us living right now will be alive when Paul is talking. I believe Paul is talking about what Jesus said in Matthew 24:31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.