To married Christian guys only

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ben_Soc91

Feb 5, 2019
If your wife wore tight leggings in public that clearly showed off her lower body...wouldn't you feel at least a little pang of jealousy at seeing other guys ogle her goods, and wouldn't you want her to wear something else since her body belongs to you alone (as the bible clearly states) and you don't want other guys perusing it?

Feb 28, 2016
personally, I think it is very wrong for anyone to wear clothes that leave
absolutely nothing good or positive to the imagination -
just out of respect to Jesus and to my husband, I wouldn't dare expose my Temple
in any kind of un-clean way, especially if it could provoke thoughts or ideas
that should not be there...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
A person's body does NOT belong to their spouse. It belongs to their creator- God. :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
personally, I think it is very wrong for anyone to wear clothes that leave
absolutely nothing good or positive to the imagination -
just out of respect to Jesus and to my husband, I wouldn't dare expose my Temple
in any kind of un-clean way, especially if it could provoke thoughts or ideas
that should not be there...

That all who believe understood these words. God bless you D and J....

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
@Ben_Soc91
Despite your odd belief that only married men can understand this, I'm going to answer anyways because it doesn't take being married to feel that way.

I know the pants you're talking about and I see them all over the place, even on TV.
One thing I've learned is not many Christian's believe in modesty anymore. A good portion of them (particularly women) actually feel they hold Zero responsibility if anything they say, do or wear causes lust.
Despite what the bible says they insist it is 100% the man's responsibility to resist and they are free to do as they please.
It's very much a secular attitude we see, morphed into the church version.

Also many tend to follow current trends, such as your wife is doing. Then they cite "comfort" as to why they wear things. Somehow comfort also means reveling their bodies?

I can understand the jealousy it provokes since even when dating I didn't want who I was with revealing much. And those pants would certainly cause an issue with me.
And, I'd say, by her not simply seeing it bothers you and respecting your wishes and not wanting to cause a problem, is also a telling sign.

Sometimes approach can affect it though. If you got upset and argued it probably won't be effective. If you haven't already sit down with her and share how it makes you feel and why. Do it without demands or accusations or finger pointing. If she doesn't agree ask her to continue thinking on what you said and end it all on a positive note. Sometimes people may need time to process and may not respond well to being pushed.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
A person's body does NOT belong to their spouse. It belongs to their creator- God. :)
Wellllll, you're partially right that each person does belong to their Creator but also to their spouse.

1 Corinthians 7:4
For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

K

Kim82

Did your wife dress like this before you guys got married?

If so and you still married her, then it won't be easy getting her to dress any different.

But if wife isn't doing anything inappropriate with her admirers, then I don't think you should get upset with her.

K

Kim82

Wellllll, you're partially right that each person does belong to their Creator but also to their spouse.

1 Corinthians 7:4
For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
Does it mean that, he can insist that she wears only the clothes that he likes?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If your wife wore tight leggings in public that clearly showed off her lower body...wouldn't you feel at least a little pang of jealousy at seeing other guys ogle her goods, and wouldn't you want her to wear something else since her body belongs to you alone (as the bible clearly states) and you don't want other guys perusing it?
What is there to be jealous about? I think that it is a matter of trust. If what the wife wears displeases her husband then maybe should provide a new wardrobe.

Feb 28, 2016
Does it mean that, he can insist that she wears only the clothes that he likes?
1COR. 7:4.
The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the
husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
==============================================================
of course you are being anti-here, why not ask yourself why u would say such a thing???
you might find out something out' about yourself, if u care enough to know the truth...

K

Kim82

of course you are being anti-here, why not ask yourself why u would say such a thing???
you might find out something out' about yourself, if u care enough to know the truth...
You are welcome to tell me why you think I'm anti and if it makes sense I'll consider it.

Feb 28, 2016
it's simple Kim, I'm talking about 'Christian married couples', not the 'carnal-world' that I
was such a part of...

K

Kim82

So you are saying I am carnal?

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i wouldn't wear anything my husband wouldn't like for me to wear in public.

K

Kim82

Well since there be no further replies from you, it seams that I will have to go on a journey, yes a journey to distant lands and far away places, that I may solve this riddle of why I'm being anti.

Feb 28, 2016
Well since there be no further replies from you, it seams that I will have to go on a journey, yes a journey to distant lands and far away places, that I may solve this riddle of why I'm being anti.
======================================
just try and be yourself, and not who the world has made u think u are - u will be surprised,
it's just such an easy choice...oh, and the 'journey is not far away, it's right inside of your heart,,,

K

Kim82

Single men take this lesson from me: if a man marries a woman who likes to wear tight revealing clothes. You can't decide afterwards to quote scriptures, and lay down the law. Oh no, it doesn't work like that.

You need to lay down the law before you get married, if the woman agrees, then great. But if she doesn't, then you break things off and wait on God. If you go ahead with it, then expect there to be some problems.

Some of you men are attracted to the sexy clothes, its what the woman used to catch you in the first place. So why do you think she's going to change her style?

Oh she's a married woman now, so she should be old and frumpy and obey you? Is that it?