Trump wants to move us embassy to Jerusalem do you think it will cause issues???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you think trumps move is good?

• Yes

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • maybe explain

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Kudos to trump for recognizing Jerusalem

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I don't think Christians are required to support a modern Jewish State, but it sure does piss the mohammedans off, so i'm all in favor of it.
Israel is an apostate Nation who has rejected the Covenant of Christ. I am under no obligation to support them
Gods covenant is that those who bless thee will be blessed and those who curse thee will be cursed. That is Gods covenant with Israel. Where is your covenant with Jehovah?

No matter how odious they have become God is going to restore them and give to them the blessing of which you now enjoy the benefits.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The scripture says, "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you (Genesis 12:3)." History was made on December 6, 2017 with President Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel. The United States of America has just become the most blessed nation in the world.

The scripture says, "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turns it wherever he will (Proverbs 21:1)." So this was the LORD's during to set the stage for the "Second Coming of the Lord," The Battle of Armageddon and the Antichrist (who will have the full powers of Satan) to bring peace after the Rapture of the Church that is right at the door (Matthew 24:32-33).

But I have chosen Jerusalem, that My Name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.2 Chronicles 6:6
Its easy to cherry pick verses out of historical and spiritual context. Dispensationalists do it all the time as a matter of survival
According to Paul the true Israel consists of all who have the faith of Abraham not all who happen to be born or emigrate there. Abraham incidentally was not Jewish. The true Israel is made up of the body of Christ. The present physical and geographical Israel rejects Christ and the new covenant, and has done so for the past 2000 years. If you want to really know what God now thinks of Israel read the Prophets such as Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the book of Revelation. You will find he calls it a whore, and an adulteress In Revelation the whore of Babylon is not the Vatican or Mecca its the spirit of Israel and Jerusalem In Revelation Jerusalem is called Sodom and Egypt as well as Babylon the Great. As for the Beast/ Antichrist, who rides the Beast in Revelation dressed as a Jewish high Priest? In that book Christians are not told to support Israel but to get out of her. Jesus said the same in Matthew.

Last edited:

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Simple? I would invest on a course on Middle eastern History if I were you. Why should Christians support Israel exactly?
Israel has no liking for Christianity or Christians unless they can see an advantage in it. The majority of Jews do not even follow Judaism as they are supposed to. Israel is a man made state brought about by a mixture of humanitarianism, and politics that came to a head following WW2. Modern Israel has nothing to do with the Bible. God destroyed the Biblical nation in 70 AD following their rejection of Christ despite his constant warnings which still go unheeded by them 2000 plus years later. Israels existence relies on having the US propping them up. It is virtually your 51st state.
Agree.
There are many Jewish comedians, including Seinfeld, who trash and mock
Jesus as part of their "comedy."
I have had many a run-in on the Israel Today chat site whereby Israeli Jews
openly blaspheme Jesus and repudiate him as any Messiah.
The ultra-conservative Jews you see on the TV are really quite nasty and
extremely offensive in their derision of Christians and non-Jews.
Openly hostile.

Israelis and Jews for all their atheistic humanism still want to be
'God's chosen people' to the exclusion of all others.

For the very best in videos exposing the corruption and hypocrisy of
Israel and Jewry one cannot go pass
Brother Nathaneal

https://www.youtube.com/user/zionget [SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes
as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes
upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Thessalonians 5:

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
The most disturbing aspect of this mixture to me appears to be a desperate longing for Armageddon. It puts me in mind of a passage in scripture where it says Woe to those who long to see the day of the Lord . it is a day of darkness not light. I cant remember exactly where it is at present but it definitely is there in the Bible somewhere.
Amos 5:
18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you?
the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.

Joel 2:
2 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain:
let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh,
for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness,
as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there
hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years
of many generations.

3 A fire devours before them; and behind them a flame burns: the land is as the garden
of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea,
and nothing shall escape them.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Gods covenant is that those who bless thee will be blessed and those who curse thee will be cursed. That is Gods covenant with Israel. Where is your covenant with Jehovah?

No matter how odious they have become God is going to restore them and give to them the blessing of which you now enjoy the benefits.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Same place everyone else's is.
In the Bible where it says anyone who accepts Jesus Christ is considered by God to be part of the Covenant of Abraham.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The president has finally done something i am pleased with

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
The president has finally done something i am pleased with
If you like him or not, I saw today, CNN is reporting that Trump is actually working to implement his campaign promises. You have to like a politician that keeps to his promises. That never happens.

Sep 3, 2016
Its easy to cherry pick verses out of historical and spiritual context. Dispensationalists do it all the time as a matter of survival
According to Paul the true Israel consists of all who have the faith of Abraham not all who happen to be born or emigrate there. Abraham incidentally was not Jewish. The true Israel is made up of the body of Christ. The present physical and geographical Israel rejects Christ and the new covenant, and has done so for the past 2000 years. If you want to really know what God now thinks of Israel read the Prophets such as Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the book of Revelation. You will find he calls it a whore, and an adulteress In Revelation the whore of Babylon is not the Vatican or Mecca its the spirit of Israel and Jerusalem In Revelation Jerusalem is called Sodom and Egypt as well as Babylon the Great. As for the Beast/ Antichrist, who rides the Beast in Revelation dressed as a Jewish high Priest? In that book Christians are not told to support Israel but to get out of her. Jesus said the same in Matthew.
If you believe your philosophy (as Hitler believed), post book, chapter, and verse. Israel is, and always will be the apple of Gods eye.

F

FenceMan

Will Trump's decision spawn violence and protests? I'm sure. And for that reason, I would be hesitant to make the same decision. But aside from that, there is no reason not to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

I don't know how Palestinian Christians feel about Israel as a nation, but seeing as Jerusalem has historically been the capital for the Israelis and has never ceased to be recognized as their capital by them, only by other countries, then they have every right to call their capital their capital.

No other people group from the Israel area has kept their lineage clear enough to have any claim to the land. Other people groups intermixed and assimilated over time. But the Israelites were told by God to keep themselves separate, and many of them did (though not all, of course).

If you happen across Facebook accounts from the Middle East right now you will find many people sticking an image of the Dome of the Rock in the corner of their profile picture. I believe this explains the real core of the issue. Looking at the history of Islam, Muhammad initially instructed everyone to pray in the direction of Jerusalem and to worship Yahweh, but at some point he heard a "voice" telling him to pray toward Mecca instead. The people who refused to stop honoring Jerusalem and Yahweh would be considered rebels and those who joined him in praying toward Mecca were the new chosen people. So, really, it is a twisted irony that the people still devoted to worshiping the same God that Muhammad used to worship are suddenly being called apostates by him and his followers.

It's almost like Gentiles Believers calling themselves the new chosen people, as if God doesn't even recognize the Jewish people as anything unique anymore. I don't think that's the case. The Bible clearly states that the Gentiles were grafted into the "olive tree". Romans 11:11-24 has some helpful insight on that. Gentiles are now part of the tree, but the original branches are still there and will always be considered special and important.

This particular passage is intriguing and should challenge us Gentile believers...

Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. [SUP]23 [/SUP]And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. [SUP]24 [/SUP]For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The violence has already started. I just saw it on Facebook

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Brother Tanakh,

I believe that then people in Israel and Jerusalem today are the broken off branches.

And as long as they do not accept Jesus, they remain broken off, just as anyone is who doesn't believe.

But they are blessed for their Father's sakes/promises.

Having survived as a genetic race (Jacob), for all these 1000's of years, under such persecution and trouble, surely says something about the descendants.

----

Having said that, this is their LAST chance,

And I don't think that we will see a national recognition of Jesus as King and Messiah.

This is why Jerusalem will soon fall.

---

At this time, there are , probably, many descendants of the broken off branches who are being brought to Jesus every day.

Not a national recognition, but a personal one, for many. Many that we do not see.

So the prophecies concerning the final days of recognition may not be seen or understood by us at the time.

---

But sadly, Israel is, as in the majority, is rejecting the God of Mt Sinai again.

This is why Jerusalem will fall, and this planet will end.

Because when Israel/Jerusalem falls this time, if the planet were allowed to continue, the genetic race of Israel (Jacob), would be absorbed into the gentile nations and cease to exist.

There will never be an Israel on this planet again.

This is it.

---

Oh, and how could I forget?

The iron beast is Rome,

And the woman of Rv 17 is false religion, dating back to the tower of Babel, before Jerusalem was.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
If you believe your philosophy (as Hitler believed), post book, chapter, and verse. Israel is, and always will be the apple of Gods eye.

My post was not my ''Philosophy'' and I resent being linked with Hitler which happens to anyone who criticizes Israel for any reason. If Paul were alive he would have had a rough time. Jesus had a very bad time for doing so.

You appear to believe that by copying out large portions of the Bible as you suggest I do somehow makes it truer than reading it from a copy yourself. Is this some kind of Magic you practice, or cant you be bothered to study scripture yourself?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Sure ... but Israel today is not equivalent to the modern nation of Israel.
Israel of the Jews is the reestablishment of Judah.
Israel enjoys a new covenant unlike Judah.
A new covenant ushered in by Jesus Christ himself in which disciples (believers)
would receive the indwelling Holy Spirit and the Law of God would be in one's
heart. Paul explains this very well in his epistle to the Hebrews.

Israel is now the Spirit-filled church referred to as Ephraim.
Ezekiel 37 the valley of the dry bones is about the restoration of
Israel in the Millennium by the rejoining of Ephraim and Judah.

Jerimiah 31:31-34

33 but this shall be the covenant that I will cut with the house of Israel:
After those days, says Jehovah, I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it
in their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Matthew 21:
42 Jesus said to them, Did you never read in the Scriptures, "The stone which the builders
rejected, this One has become the head of the corner; this is the Lord's doing, and it is
marvelous in our eyes?"
43 Therefore I say to you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you and
given to a nation bringing out its fruits.

Mark 12:

9 Therefore what will the lord of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the
vinedressers and will give the vineyard to others.

Luke 13:
34 Jerusalem! Jerusalem! the one killing the prophets, and stoning those having
been sent to her; how often I desired to gather your children in the way a hen
gathers her brood under the wings, and you did not desire it.
35 Behold, your house is left to you desolate. And truly I say to you,
You will not see Me until it come when you say, Blessed is He who comes
in the name of the Lord.

F

FenceMan

Not when they are idiotic foreign policies!
Jb, if you want to engage in this conversation post something that will get members thinking or defend your view with something more than saying it's just idiotic. I'm sure you realize that choice of words is as polarizing as Trump himself. :)

prove-all

May 16, 2014
A "change" in the Middle East will not take place over night.
It may take a generation or two. But we do need to do something.
the Arab-Jew dispute goes way back to Abraham, only the Coming of Christ will fix this.

Sarah thought she couldn’t have a child, and she became so impatient
that she encouraged Abraham to have a child with her handmaid Hagar.

As sin always does, this sin produced hostility and contention within the family.
When Hagar became pregnant, Sarah grew intensely envious, and hatred began to build.

Hagar gave birth to Ishmael, and he had 12 sons, who multiplied and flourished
to become the modern Arabs. Meanwhile, the promises given to Abraham were
handed down to Isaac and then to Jacob, who also had 12 sons, and God bestowed
the birthright blessings upon Joseph and his descendants, and the scepter promises
to Judah, or the modern Jews.

All the enmity and violence between the Arabs and Jews had its genesis there
within Abraham’s family!

Last edited:

prove-all

May 16, 2014
As significant as Donald Trump’s announcement today was,
all he did was publicly recognize a 4,000-year-old truth:

that Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital, literally
and figuratively, since the time of Abraham!

The way the world responded, you’d think Mr. Trump
had just invaded Canada. And the reaction of those who
loathe it could well set Israel and the Middle East on fire.

-
Donald Trump risks 'destroying peace hopes of Israelis and Palestinians'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ail&utm_term=0_a399ec29cc-11931be116-23792989

Trump recognition 'kiss of death' for peace
Jerusalem: Trump recognition 'kiss of death' for peace - BBC News

-
They say it will destroy the peace process: What peace process ?

The Palestinian Arabs have been offered land for peace and it failed.
Palestinian authorities use international donations to pay the families
of dead terrorists. And the logos of jihadist organizations like Hamas and
Fatah have rifles pictured next to a map of Israel, which they call Palestine.

The goal of the Palestinian Arabs is not, nor ever has been, peace with Israel
—it has always been the obliteration of Israel. That is why the decades-old
“peace process” has never really existed.

-
“The way of peace they know not, and there is no justice in their paths;
they have made their roads crooked, no one who goes in them knows peace.

Therefore justice is far from us … we look for light, and behold, darkness,
and for brightness, but we walk in gloom. We grope for the wall like the blind,
we grope like those who have no eyes …”
-

This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of
the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth
in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up
over it the basest of men.
-

The announcement from Mr. Trump will surely have many ramifications.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The violence has already started. I just saw it on Facebook
The violence has never stopped only been under reported during the Obama years.

For the cause of Christ
Roger