URGENT QUESTION FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS: What do YOU Identify AS? (And WHY?)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I IDENTIFY AS (multiple choice with visible answers; don't forget to tell us why!):

• Total voters
O

Oblio

Im more of a tea person than a coffee conoisseur...coffee people are way too jumpy.

Tea is refreshing, but coffee I never really got the whole I MUST HAVE COFFEE or I die vibe.
I think tea people are too boring.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I do it all... even cheerleading for my friends if they need it lol. To be honest i don't spend a lot of time looking at myself and trying to find something i identify with, i just let everyone who knows me do all of that.

J

JAPOV

I do it all... even cheerleading for my friends if they need it lol. To be honest i don't spend a lot of time looking at myself and trying to find something i identify with, i just let everyone who knows me do all of that.
I like to keep them guessing :geek:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I think tea people are too boring.
"Tea is the thinking man's coffee."

Tea is to coffee as chess is to football. To a kid who likes to play football a lot, chess would seem boring. To a chess grandmaster chess is quite a deep, involved world.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Tea, Earl Grey, Hot..." :geek:
"You said this is earl grey. I could swear it's darjeeling."

Yeah, well... Some people thought that guy was boring too. I didn't, but some infidels did.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Im more of a tea person than a coffee conoisseur...coffee people are way too jumpy.

Tea is refreshing, but coffee I never really got the whole I MUST HAVE COFFEE or I die vibe.
It's a cultural thing.
South America and Mexico have been pumping out coffee for hundreds of years now. Where India, Indonesia, and Africa have been growing coffee. They have been growing tea more.

Warm, tropical climates high in the mountains. Anything below 1600 ft high and it's junk.
The same thing for coffee.

Earl Grey has oil of Bergamot in it....dunno what that's about exactly...but those who like it swear by it.

Same thing with coffee...it's a cultural gathering point.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It's a cultural thing.
South America and Mexico have been pumping out coffee for hundreds of years now. Where India, Indonesia, and Africa have been growing coffee. They have been growing tea more.

Warm, tropical climates high in the mountains. Anything below 1600 ft high and it's junk.
The same thing for coffee.

Earl Grey has oil of Bergamot in it....dunno what that's about exactly...but those who like it swear by it.

Same thing with coffee...it's a cultural gathering point.
what can I say, my ancestors were from China

Tea is the thing

Though most 'english tea' is actually grown in India and is the most common round these parts, though I dont really consider it to be real tea when its drunk with milk, made with tea bags, though I cant really get away from it.

and iced tea, what is that?!

It has to be jasmine or oolong tea and drunk with dim sum to be authentic.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Bergamot is a fruit, perhaps a hybrid of lemon and bitter orange. It's too floral for me as a tea. Well, a lot of what is called tea isn't really tea any ways ;) Tea is an evergreen shrub native to East Asian countries called Camellia sinensis. Other herbal drinks are simply infused blends of various leaves, fruits, bark, roots, and/or flowers belonging to almost any other edible, non-tea plant :)

J

JAPOV

I also like "Lemon Zingers" :geek:

O

Oblio

If I drink tea, I prefer Tetley orange pekoe. If I wanted to soak leaves, I'd go outside and get some! Lol

O

Oblio

My son likes Earl Grey...he's a bit of a weirdo. Takes after his mother! :giggle:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If there is a coffee tasting position in heaven Tourist, maybe we can job share. Two part time positions lol.
Job sharing works for me Ruby because I am semi-retired. Of course, God might have other plans for me in heaven regarding me being semi-retired and just working part-time.. I believe that there will be an endless amount of different work positions in heaven. :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
on the Princess label or ID

I grew up seeing Princess Diana always in the news
The world loved her but, sadly her husband didnt love her...well not as much as he loved his mistress

So that was sad for her and I always thought so many like her were poor little rich girls at heart
They had everything but they had nothing at the same time.

The duchess of windsor (wallis simpson) once said you can never be too thin or too rich
But she must have said that before women got anorexia nervosa and died from starvation while also having too much money

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Actually, on several occasions, you've called me The Worst thing anyone could call a nerd.

You called me - A Normal Person. 😳

I am many things.

But Normal is not one of them.

One only has to read my posts as proof. 🤪🤓😬
Aaaaaaamen!!!!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I also like "Lemon Zingers" :geek:
I no longer qualify as a tea drinker. In my late teens and early twenties, I drank a lot of tea, as well as herbal infusions, but tea itself started giving me stomach cramps from the tannins, so that was it for tea all the time. When I first came out west, I was introduced to Constant Comment, which was created to make a more flavorful tea by adding cloves, cinnamon, and dried orange peel to black tea. Now that was tasty! Celestial Seasonings' zinger teas are similar, without the actual tea; lemon zinger has rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, and lemon peel, plus dried whole lemons blended with hibiscus and lemon grass, the latter two (or three?) which flavor all their zinger teas. Now I am more partial to Stash tea, especially their licorice spice, and Traditional Medicinal Tea, again, especially those with licorice, because they promote respiratory health :)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I no longer qualify as a tea drinker. In my late teens and early twenties, I drank a lot of tea, as well as herbal infusions, but tea itself started giving me stomach cramps from the tannins, so that was it for tea all the time. When I first came out west, I was introduced to Constant Comment, which was created to make a more flavorful tea by adding cloves, cinnamon, and dried orange peel to black tea. Now that was tasty! Celestial Seasonings' zinger teas are similar, without the actual tea; lemon zinger has rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, and lemon peel, plus dried whole lemons blended with hibiscus and lemon grass, the latter two (or three?) which flavor all their zinger teas. Now I am more partial to Stash tea, especially their licorice spice, and Traditional Medicinal Tea, again, especially those with licorice, because they promote respiratory health :)
Egypt has a pomegranate tea that is nice as well.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Definitely are a wider range of answers than what was presented. But is fun to answer. I self-identify as creative and never to be underestimated.