Warning against eating meat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 7, 2021
Hey! Have had contact with someone from the good side in the spiritual for 8 years. Was recommended not to eat meat and been vegetarian since then.
Recently i have asked if i should warn people of eating meat. The answer is yes..each time.

I see no point in eating killed innocent animals. We do not need meat. There are many alternatives.
The risk is way to high. Perhaps its a conspiracy to destroy humanity.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Hey! Have had contact with someone from the good side in the spiritual for 8 years. Was recommended not to eat meat and been vegetarian since then.
Recently i have asked if i should warn people of eating meat. The answer is yes..each time.

I see no point in eating killed innocent animals. We do not need meat. There are many alternatives.
My Grandmother died a few days short of her 100th birth day. She was active until the last few months. She planted and weeded by hand, then harvested and canned everything she grew until she was 96. Her secret. Pork lard to bake fry with, A chunk of pork fatback to season her vegetables with, and a can of railroad snuff every week.

I lost a cousin to colon cancer at forty. She had been a vegetarian from age 17.

It's not always what you eat that makes you healthy.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
My Grandmother died a few days short of her 100th birth day. She was active until the last few months. She planted and weeded by hand, then harvested and canned everything she grew until she was 96. Her secret. Pork lard to bake fry with, A chunk of pork fatback to season her vegetables with, and a can of railroad snuff every week.

I lost a cousin to colon cancer at forty. She had been a vegetarian from age 17.

It's not always what you eat that makes you healthy.
Yup. Mr. Rogers died of stomach cancer and he was a vegetarian.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Are you referring to the dead you're in contact with?
And if anyone is speaking on God's behalf and saying this they are speaking against the bible.

Romans 14:2
One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables.

I Corinthians 8:8
Food will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do.

I Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
There are many, many scriptures on eating meat. Very rarely does it say not to.

Some people can thrive on a vegetarian diet. Others get sick without animal protein.

What "alternative" are you pushing? Bugs? Soy/tofu (which can dangerously boost estrogen in men)? Lab grown meat (ew)? Yahweh gave us animals and told Peter in Acts 10 to, "Kill" and "Eat" Are you saying Yahweh is wrong in telling us to kill and eat animals?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Who is this 'we' that you are referring to? Hardly believe that humanity is going to be destroyed by eating a hamburger. Regardless, glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

Jun 14, 2021
Are you referring to the dead you're in contact with?
And if anyone is speaking on God's behalf and saying this they are speaking against the bible.

Romans 14:2
One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables.

I Corinthians 8:8
Food will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do.

I Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit
Matthew 15:10 is a good one too
"not which Goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

Jan 14, 2021
"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks." - Romans 14:4-6 KJV

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

There is no "good side in the spiritual". Spiritualism and spiritism are are as wicked as black magic. God gives us permission to eat meat. That's good enough for me.

If you want to be a vegetarian, fine. Don't try and guilt trip those who do not. There is no risk to eating meat. I'm 70, healthy and reasonably fit. The vast majority of people eat meat and people are living longer than ever.

Yes, God created us to be vegetarians. Adam and Eve did not need to cultivate crops, fruit was sufficient. However, after Adam fell, our metabolism changed. Jesus ate fish, almost certainly ate lamb and said nothing about not eating meat.

As always, God has the last word:

Colossians 2:16

"Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a feast, a New Moon, or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.…"

Genesis 9:2-4

"The fear and dread of you will fall on every living creature on the earth, every bird of the air, every creature that crawls on the ground, and all the fish of the sea. They are delivered into your hand. 3Everything that lives and moves will be food for you; just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you all things. 4But you must not eat meat with its lifeblood still in it.…"

'

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

It is my belief and faith that all t foods are clean when received with thanksgiving..

Jul 7, 2021
Many will continue to higher dimensions soon. Heaven you may call it. When that happens our compassion and awareness increase very much. My spiritual contact helped me to experience that and i cried and cried and cried. You really really do not want to have innocent animals death and suffering on your conscience then. It may not be "punished" but you may hurt yourself. Do not do that to yourself!!

Think like this: How will you feel about yourself if in heaven you understand that those animals are forever gone? If there is no chance to get them back and to say i am sorry.
:confused:It may stop your spiritual progress because you may not be able to handle those emotions.

Instead spend the rest of your time here to preach compassion for animals. You will help others AND yourself. I think that is one big reason my contact is telling me to tell you since i used to hurt animals.

Again try to think risk vs reward like a poker player. Meat eating means BIG spiritual risk and very very little theoretical reward. Can you at least agree with that? Hope to see you in heaven. :love:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Howdy Hej73 and welcome to the forum.

Much of what you said directly contradicts the Bible. People have already listed some of the relevant scripture.

Why are you posting that junk on a Christian forum?

Nov 26, 2012
Many will continue to higher dimensions soon. Heaven you may call it. When that happens our compassion and awareness increase very much. My spiritual contact helped me to experience that and i cried and cried and cried. You really really do not want to have innocent animals death and suffering on your conscience then. It may not be "punished" but you may hurt yourself. Do not do that to yourself!!

Think like this: How will you feel about yourself if in heaven you understand that those animals are forever gone? If there is no chance to get them back and to say i am sorry.
:confused:It may stop your spiritual progress because you may not be able to handle those emotions.

Instead spend the rest of your time here to preach compassion for animals. You will help others AND yourself. I think that is one big reason my contact is telling me to tell you since i used to hurt animals.

Again try to think risk vs reward like a poker player. Meat eating means BIG spiritual risk and very very little theoretical reward. Can you at least agree with that? Hope to see you in heaven. :love:
Do you believe that God created carnivores?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

"Higher dimensions" = new age = not Christian.
And your "spiritual contact" reference is shady in and of itself. You aren't going to come here and change minds on this topic using spiritual beliefs that no one here adheres to. I'm not sure why you can't figure that out. Maybe you need a burger.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Many will continue to higher dimensions soon. Heaven you may call it. When that happens our compassion and awareness increase very much
All right! Altogether now!

Jul 7, 2021
"Higher dimensions" = new age = not Christian.
And your "spiritual contact" reference is shady in and of itself. You aren't going to come here and change minds on this topic using spiritual beliefs that no one here adheres to. I'm not sure why you can't figure that out. Maybe you need a burger.

Yes what we call heaven is a higher dimension. I guess you can also see it as a higher frequency. Like a wheel spinning so fast it becomes invisible.