Water baptism is necessary to be in the first resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 22, 2020
Your response to the Gospel of God speaks loud and clear = and in a very disturbing way.
A spirit of error has attached itself to you, for you are now blatantly denying Truth.
You need to run to the LORD Jesus Christ and ask for forgiveness and turn from the path you are currently on.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

The LORD Jesus Christ and the Apostles Peter and Paul have clearly articulated why the symbolism of water baptism.
It is a outward proclamation to the Jews and the World that the Messiah has come.

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.”

Just as the Lord's Last Supper = the Bread and Wine are symbolic of His Death and the New Covenant thru His Blood.

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes. "

We would all learn more if you would stay away from philosophy and present scripture.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Of "first importance was that Christ died for our sins". And, yes, the resurrection is important. My point was if water baptism was required for salvation, he would have said so. But he didn't.

And water baptism symbolizes our union with Christ IN His death, burial and resurrection.

And yet he NEVER mentioned water baptism in what he called "of first importance".

It certainly doesn't. There is no historical records that explain this obscure verse. Further, if a proxy baptism is part of God's plan, why isn't proxy faith? Do you see your conflict?

v.29 is about proxy baptism. Are you going to argue that proxy baptism is equal to in-person baptism?

Nope. Sins are forgiven (washed away) through believing in the Messiah. Acts 10:43
Paul didn't speak of repentance, or the need to receive the Holy Ghost either. Why? Paul was specifically addressing the resurrection.

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
Peter 3: 21.... whereunto even baptism doth also now save us...

John 3:5 .......Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Not referring to Water Baptism)

Acts 2;38-....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 22;16... And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Galations 3:26...... For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (Not referring to Water Baptism)

KJV Marrk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Not referring to Water Baptism)

KJV Matthew 3:14... But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15. Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now, for thus it becometh us to fulfil all rightesousness. Then He suffered Him.

KJV Matthew 28:19..... Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:. (Not referring to Water Baptism)

Acts 8:12-18: But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. (Not referring to Water Baptism)

Acts 19:4 And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018

1 Thessalonians 5:23
23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
This scripture points to there being individual responsibilities concerning one's spirit, soul and body. Neglecting to believe and obey commands associated with each can bring judgement as indicated by the Apostle Paul.

Dec 21, 2020
This scripture points to there being individual responsibilities concerning one's spirit, soul and body. Neglecting to believe and obey commands associated with each can bring judgement as indicated by the Apostle Paul.
There is nothing about water baptism in 1 Thess 5:23.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
There is nothing about water baptism in 1 Thess 5:23.
Consider mankind's responsibilities associated with Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. Everyone is to repent, be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus for remission of sin, and receive the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38) I find the following very interesting:

Repentance = Turning to Jesus results in a person dying to who they were.
Burial = Being buried with Jesus in water baptism, where one's personal sins are washed away.
Resurrection = Receiving the Holy Ghost that empowers us during this life and enables our own resurrection when the time comes.

Upon obedience to God's command for the NT church, the individual is in fact a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Dec 21, 2020
Consider mankind's responsibilities associated with Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. Everyone is to repent, be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus for remission of sin, and receive the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38) I find the following very interesting:

Repentance = Turning to Jesus results in a person dying to who they were.
Burial = Being buried with Jesus in water baptism, where one's personal sins are washed away.
Resurrection = Receiving the Holy Ghost that empowers us during this life and enables our own resurrection when the time comes.

Upon obedience to God's command for the NT church, the individual is in fact a new creation in Christ Jesus.
A person becomes a new creation in Christ when he hears the gospel and decides to believe it, becoming born again of the Holy Spirit, the guarantee of salvation (Eph 1:13-14).

Mar 4, 2020
Your response to the Gospel of God speaks loud and clear = and in a very disturbing way.
A spirit of error has attached itself to you, for you are now blatantly denying Truth.
You need to run to the LORD Jesus Christ and ask for forgiveness and turn from the path you are currently on.

Do not add to His words,
Proverbs 30:5-6

The LORD Jesus Christ and the Apostles Peter and Paul have clearly articulated why the symbolism of water baptism.
It is a outward proclamation to the Jews and the World that the Messiah has come.

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.”

Just as the Lord's Last Supper = the Bread and Wine are symbolic of His Death and the New Covenant thru His Blood.

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes. "
You’re saying I’m evil and need to repent for teaching you need to be water baptized? What? I must have really hit a nerve with you and I guess that means I get a reward in heaven (Matthew 5:11,12). Thanks God!

The words of life are quite clear: accept water and Spirit for rebirth. That’s water baptism and God’s Holy Spirit. You can read all about it in John 1 and John 3 among other passages.

Aug 2, 2021
yeah it was a pattern they were actually baptized into Moses covenant in the cloud ( his word ) and passing through the Red Sea ( water) they even partook of communion with the quail and water from the rock

“Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

and did all eat the same spiritual meat; and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Baptism also goes back to creation being submerged and dying in the flood even as Noah and his family were saved by grace through faith by the same water

so even those of Noah’s days were submerged into death

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:3-

Even those of Noah’s days before the flood came now have heard the gospel in death bekng baptized and submerged in the flood dying for sin literally

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Even they had passed through a submersion of water , hearing the preacher of righteousness Noahs word.
Then Moses and the people passed through the sea on dry ground and heard the word of Moses from the cloud.

now the reality of Christ has come and the figures of Noah’s time and Moses time witness of baptism for remission of sins ,in christs name through his death , and hearing the word of Christ.

Which is further witnessed in the prophets and ministry of John the Baptist preparing the world for Christ offering baptism for repentance and remission of sins.

Everyone was baptized in figures but now the reality has come being baptized in Jesus name for remission of sins , and accepting and believing the gospel is salvation
What do the two symbolic baptisms "Cloud and Red Sea" represent and point to in the NT?

Also = the FULL GOSPEL was given to us by GOD in Genesis thru Abraham Isaac Jacob = no water baptism was included.

A.) AND remember, i was water baptized(fully submerged as a adult) and i have baptized Believers in the Name of the Father/Son/HS.
B.) Never have i said 'do not do this'.
C.) The Scripture says it is symbolic and cannot wash away our sins.

Aug 2, 2021
You’re saying I’m evil and need to repent for teaching you need to be water baptized? What? I must have really hit a nerve with you and I guess that means I get a reward in heaven. Thanks God!

The words of life are quite clear: accept water and Spirit. That’s water baptism and God’s Holy Spirit. You can read all about they in John 1 and John 3 among other verses.
You are in danger, as you now AGAIN prove, that you have no fear in twisting peoples words and God's words to please yourself.

Mar 4, 2020
You are in danger, as you now AGAIN prove, that you have no fear in twisting peoples words and God's words to please yourself.
You’re telling me to repent because you think I’m possessed by an unclean spirit and that I’m evil. Is that right? All because I’m teaching about water baptism being required for the first resurrection?

What am I in danger of?

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
A person becomes a new creation in Christ when he hears the gospel and decides to believe it, becoming born again of the Holy Spirit, the guarantee of salvation (Eph 1:13-14).
Notice Ephesians states we are sealed with the Holy Ghost of promise after hearing and believing the word of truth the gospel of our salvation. Believing prompts action to God-given commands. (James 2:22)

The gospel includes man's responsibility in association with Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. This was initially stated on the Day of Pentecost. The message began there and would spread to all nations as prophesied by Jesus in Luke 24:47.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

Aug 2, 2021
You’re telling me to repent because you think I’m possessed by an unclean spirit and that I’m evil. Is that right? All because I’m teaching about water baptism being required for the first resurrection?

What am I in danger of?
#1 - never said you are possessed - AGAIN you are adding words.
#2 - Exactly what you have been doing = adding to God's words and thereby creating a false doctrine.
#3 - Once the enemy knows that you can be manipulated, it will continue to lure you further into more false teaching, however slight it may be and completely found in scripture.

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? = (water baptism)
Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law,
or by the hearing of faith? just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”
So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Salvation is always by Faith in the Sacrifice that GOD Provided = and nothing added to it.

Then Isaac said to his father Abraham, “My father!”
“Here I am, my son,” he replied.
“The fire and the wood are here,” said Isaac, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
Abraham answered, “God Himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.”
And the two walked on together.
Genesis 22:7-8

Mar 4, 2020
#1 - never said you are possessed - AGAIN you are adding words.
#2 - Exactly what you have been doing = adding to God's words and thereby creating a false doctrine.
#3 - Once the enemy knows that you can be manipulated, it will continue to lure you further into more false teaching, however slight it may be and completely found in scripture.

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? = (water baptism)
Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law,
or by the hearing of faith? just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”
So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Salvation is always by Faith in the Sacrifice that GOD Provided = and nothing added to it.

Then Isaac said to his father Abraham, “My father!”
“Here I am, my son,” he replied.
“The fire and the wood are here,” said Isaac, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
Abraham answered, “God Himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.”
And the two walked on together.
Genesis 22:7-8
You said I have a “spirit of error” attached to me and that I need to repent which implies you believe I live an unrighteous life of sin. You know nothing about me. You’re extremely arrogant and I believe you’ll come under judgement for your charges against me today. Maybe you need to repent?

Mar 4, 2020
yes I believe that is accurate based off of my scriptural knowledge and my experience with a relationship with God.

Aug 2, 2021
You said I have a “spirit of error” attached to me and that I need to repent which implies you believe I live an unrighteous life of sin. You know nothing about me. You’re extremely arrogant and I believe you’ll come under judgement for your charges against me today. Maybe you need to repent?
You are indeed in error and your arrogance has blinded you.

You have given yourself to teaching heresy = "water baptism required for resurrection."
In this error and heresy of yours you are REBUKED because you have rejected ALL the Scripture that opposes your error.
Many Brethren warned you to turn back to the Truth but you have continued hard hearted and head strong.
You are being manipulated by a heart of flesh which the enemy seeks from you.

SHAME on you and the HOLY SPIRIT rebuke you for adding to His Words and to everyone who lays hold of this false doctrine.
Corrupting scripture for your own fleshly pleasure.

Do not add to His words,

Mar 4, 2020
You are indeed in error and your arrogance has blinded you.

You have given yourself to teaching heresy = "water baptism required for resurrection."
In this error and heresy of yours you are REBUKED because you have rejected ALL the Scripture that opposes your error.
Many Brethren warned you to turn back to the Truth but you have continued hard hearted and head strong.
You are being manipulated by a heart of flesh which the enemy seeks from you.

SHAME on you and the HOLY SPIRIT rebuke you for adding to His Words and to everyone who lays hold of this false doctrine.
Corrupting scripture for your own fleshly pleasure.

Do not add to His words,
Wow you’re attempting to rebuke God’s own word and Holy Spirit with the Holy Spirit. Shame on you. You are really a piece of work David Tree. Are you done playing games now so we can continue this Bible discussion?

Romans 6:3-5 is about needing water baptism in order to have a literal resurrection.

Aug 2, 2021
Wow you’re attempting to rebuke God’s own word and Holy Spirit with the Holy Spirit. Shame on you. You are really a piece of work David Tree. Are you done playing games now so we can continue this Bible discussion?

Romans 6:3-5 is about needing water baptism in order to have a literal resurrection.
On last time for you.

the Apostle never said what you claim = your teaching is not only false but heresy by adding to the Cross of Christ.

You need to HEED Romans chapters 4-6 AND chapter 4 is the COMMAND for all that follows afer

What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer? Or aren’t you aware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life. (Paul using the outward symbolism of water baptism that is used as a sign to the Believer that the old man was buried with Christ and the New Man is Resurrected with Christ).

Paul states that the we are presently resurrected with Christ now, not thru water baptism but thru His sinless Life, His Death and His Resurrection. Water baptism does not save us or resurrect us or have any Power to sanctify a Believer.

For if we have been united with Him like this(symbolic) in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, He cannot die again; death no longer has dominion over Him. The death He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life He lives, He lives to God. So you too must count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its desires. Do not present the parts of your body to sin as instruments of wickedness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and present the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness.
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Abrahm Isaac Jacob and all the OT Saints were not water baptized and they WILL BE in the REUSRRECTION at Christ's Coming.

Abraham Isaac Jacob is the FULL GOSPEL just as the Apostle Paul states in Romans chapter 4 BEFORE ch6

For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world was not given through the law, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. For if those who live by the law are heirs, faith is useless and the promise is worthless, because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law, there is no transgression.

Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may rest on grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the presence of God, in whom he believed, the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being what does not yet exist.

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.” Without weakening in his faith, he acknowledged the decrepitness of his body (since he was about a hundred years old) and the lifelessness of Sarah’s womb. yet he did not waver through disbelief in the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God was able to do what He had promised. This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Now the words “it was credited to him” were written not only for Abraham, but also for us, to whom righteousness will be credited—for us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was delivered over to death for our trespasses and was raised to life for our justification.

Abraham was never water baptized.
Abraham's FAITH in the WORD saves us = never water baptism = never place your trust in the flesh

Mar 4, 2020
On last time for you.

the Apostle never said what you claim = your teaching is not only false but heresy by adding to the Cross of Christ.

You need to HEED Romans chapters 4-6 AND chapter 4 is the COMMAND for all that follows afer

What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer? Or aren’t you aware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life. (Paul using the outward symbolism of water baptism that is used as a sign to the Believer that the old man was buried with Christ and the New Man is Resurrected with Christ).

Paul states that the we are presently resurrected with Christ now, not thru water baptism but thru His sinless Life, His Death and His Resurrection. Water baptism does not save us or resurrect us or have any Power to sanctify a Believer.

For if we have been united with Him like this(symbolic) in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, He cannot die again; death no longer has dominion over Him. The death He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life He lives, He lives to God. So you too must count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its desires. Do not present the parts of your body to sin as instruments of wickedness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and present the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness.
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Abrahm Isaac Jacob and all the OT Saints were not water baptized and they WILL BE in the REUSRRECTION at Christ's Coming.

Abraham Isaac Jacob is the FULL GOSPEL just as the Apostle Paul states in Romans chapter 4 BEFORE ch6

For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world was not given through the law, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. For if those who live by the law are heirs, faith is useless and the promise is worthless, because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law, there is no transgression.

Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may rest on grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the presence of God, in whom he believed, the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being what does not yet exist.

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.” Without weakening in his faith, he acknowledged the decrepitness of his body (since he was about a hundred years old) and the lifelessness of Sarah’s womb. yet he did not waver through disbelief in the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God was able to do what He had promised. This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Now the words “it was credited to him” were written not only for Abraham, but also for us, to whom righteousness will be credited—for us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was delivered over to death for our trespasses and was raised to life for our justification.

Abraham was never water baptized.
Abraham's FAITH in the WORD saves us = never water baptism = never place your trust in the flesh
Not even interested in what you have to say at this point. You’ve lost all credibility as far as I’m concerned.

One last time, read the OP again and pray about it. Good luck David and don’t cross me like that again. If you want to talk to me I expect you to have a sound coherent reason, apologize, and be ready to receive correction for your errors today.