Water baptism is necessary to be in the first resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2021
Actually, Eph 2:8 shows that it is THROUGH FAITH that a person is saved. And v.5 equates "being made alive" with "being saved".
Faith is the Holy Spirit working in a man/woman.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"

Hearing comes from the Holy Spirit =
"The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

"Having ears but they hear not" = Why = HS not opening their hearing.

Who opened Pauls ears so he could hear the Voice of the LORD while others did not..........

Mar 4, 2020
1 Peter 3:21 is close enough.

There are some who insist baptism saves. That's not Biblical but there are those who are sticklers to that notion and insist it is.
But 1 Peter 3:21 says that water baptism saves by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. That means since Jesus Christ was resurrected then you will be resurrected because water baptism is necessary to be in the first resurrection. It’s a matter of faith. If you don’t believe water baptism doesn’t anything then I guess it won’t do anything for you.

obertarti

May 14, 2022
resurrection happening in the spiritual baptism not in water

resurrection very difficult thing

it means to get new dress spiritual and put on internal being

but not on dirty dress

so one have to undress oneself

BeeThePeace

May 2, 2022
But 1 Peter 3:21 says that water baptism saves by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. That means since Jesus Christ was resurrected then you will be resurrected because water baptism is necessary to be in the first resurrection. It’s a matter of faith. If you don’t believe water baptism doesn’t anything then I guess it won’t do anything for you.
If that's how you read it.

We are actually saved by grace through faith. Both, an irrevocable gift of God. Not of ourselves that anyone might boast.

https://biblehub.com/bsb/1_peter/3.htm

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
Actually, Eph 2:8 shows that it is THROUGH FAITH that a person is saved. And v.5 equates "being made alive" with "being saved".
Faith is the Holy Spirit working in a man/woman.
Could you rephrase? I don't follow.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"
Simple sequence. One hears before they will believe.

[QUOET]Hearing comes from the Holy Spirit =
"The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[/QUOTE]
This verse doesn't support your statement before it. Hearing comes from paying attention.

John 6:45 - It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

hearing and learning.

"Having ears but they hear not" = Why = HS not opening their hearing.
No, hearing not is internal. They are not paying attention.

This is how Paul translated Isa 6:9,10

Acts 28-
26 “ ‘Go to this people and say, “You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”
27 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.
28 “Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!”

In v.27 we see clearly that people "have closed their eyes". iow, they closed their own eyes. So the phrase before, "they hardly hear with their ears" is the same concept. The people aren't listening.

In v.28 we see clearly that Gentiles "will listen".

All this is about a person's own volition. What they themselves choose to do.

Who opened Pauls ears so he could hear the Voice of the LORD while others did not..........
The Bible doesn't state that anyone opened Paul's ears. As a Pharisee, he knew more of the OT than most people. When the Lord met him on the road to Damascus, he spent 3 days without eating. That's how upset he was. During that time, he had a vision of Ananias laying on hands and his sight returning. I believe it was that fulfillment of the vision that convinced him that His conversation on the road to Damascus was real and WAS the Messiah.

Aug 2, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:

"The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
This verse doesn't support your statement before it. Hearing comes from paying attention.

John 6:45 - It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

hearing and learning.

Acts 28-
26 “ ‘Go to this people and say, “You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”
27 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.
28 “Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!”

In v.27 we see clearly that people "have closed their eyes". iow, they closed their own eyes. So the phrase before, "they hardly hear with their ears" is the same concept. The people aren't listening.

The Bible doesn't state that anyone opened Paul's ears. As a Pharisee, he knew more of the OT than most people. When the Lord met him on the road to Damascus, he spent 3 days without eating. That's how upset he was. During that time, he had a vision of Ananias laying on hands and his sight returning. I believe it was that fulfillment of the vision that convinced him that His conversation on the road to Damascus was real and WAS the Messiah.[/QUOTE]

YES the Bible stated the LORD opened Paul's ears otherwise he would never of heard a word.

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’

Jan 31, 2021
But 1 Peter 3:21 says that water baptism saves by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
No it doesn't.

This is what it does say:
" and this (literal) water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The red words mean that the baptism of the Holy Spirit saves by the same power as by the power of the resurrection of Christ.

What it clearly doesn't say is that water baptism saves by the resurrection of Jesus.

That means since Jesus Christ was resurrected then you will be resurrected because water baptism is necessary to be in the first resurrection. It’s a matter of faith.
Yes, a matter of FAITH, NOT WATER baptism.

If you don’t believe water baptism doesn’t anything then I guess it won’t do anything for you..
I think everyone understands (believes) that water baptism gets you all wet.

But 1 Peter 3:21 says clearly that water baptism symbolizes the baptism of the Holy Spirit that "now doth save you".

You're simply reading verses incorrectly.

There is NO link between water baptism and resurrection of the body.

The verse you began with many pages ago, 1 Cor 15:29, isn't even about water baptism. It's about PROXY baptism. Beging baptized for someone else who has already died.

And you agreed (once) that proxy baptism isn't biblical.

So your whole idea is based on a bogus practice that not even Bible scholars understand because of lack of historical records.

Jan 31, 2021

hearing and learning.

Acts 28-

The Bible doesn't state that anyone opened Paul's ears. As a Pharisee, he knew more of the OT than most people. When the Lord met him on the road to Damascus, he spent 3 days without eating. That's how upset he was. During that time, he had a vision of Ananias laying on hands and his sight returning. I believe it was that fulfillment of the vision that convinced him that His conversation on the road to Damascus was real and WAS the Messiah.
All the above was from my post but the formatting shows it as your comment.

YES the Bible stated the LORD opened Paul's ears otherwise he would never of heard a word.
OK, you've said this twice now. What verse says this?

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’
This is what Paul wrote. He was quoting Isa 6:9,10.

This passage doesn't say that the Lord opened Paul's ears.

Paul's quote of Isa 6:9,10 clearly shows that seeing and hearing are what people choose to do.

BeeThePeace

May 2, 2022
FreeGrace2 said:

hearing and learning.

Acts 28-

The Bible doesn't state that anyone opened Paul's ears. As a Pharisee, he knew more of the OT than most people. When the Lord met him on the road to Damascus, he spent 3 days without eating. That's how upset he was. During that time, he had a vision of Ananias laying on hands and his sight returning. I believe it was that fulfillment of the vision that convinced him that His conversation on the road to Damascus was real and WAS the Messiah.[/QUOTE]
Notice it says, by hearing the word of God. Not by reading the word of God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
...the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Aug 2, 2021

Paul's quote of Isa 6:9,10 clearly shows that seeing and hearing are what people choose to do.
There were others with him that heard a voice = only Paul knew who spoke to him

Same here =
“Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
Father, glorify Your name.”
Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”
Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake.

THINK THINK THINK = everyone heard the WORD speak when HE was on earth = only few actually heard

Aug 2, 2021

"And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved" = such as Paul
Acts 2:47

Jan 31, 2021

hearing and learning.

Acts 28-

All the above was my post. But appears as yours.

Notice it says, by hearing the word of God. Not by reading the word of God.
I see hearing and reading as synonymous. We learn by both methods.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
...the word became flesh and dwelt among us.
Amen.

Jan 31, 2021
There were others with him that heard a voice = only Paul knew who spoke to him

Same here =
“Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
Father, glorify Your name.”
Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”
Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake.

THINK THINK THINK = everyone heard the WORD speak when HE was on earth = only few actually heard
My point stands. Isa 6:9,10 shows that people choose what they hear and see.

God isn't forcing anyone.

May 22, 2020
1 Peter 3:21 is close enough.

There are some who insist baptism saves. That's not Biblical but there are those who are sticklers to that notion and insist it is.
Wrong. God's word is not..."notions"!!!

Then please explain these scriptures;

Baptism is Required

Peter 3: 21.... whereunto even baptism doth also now save us...

John 3:5 .......Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2;38-....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 22;16... And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Galations 3:26...... For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

KJV Marrk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

KJV Matthew 3:14... But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15. Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now, for thus it becometh us to fulfil all rightesousness. Then He suffered Him.

KJV Matthew 28:19..... Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:.

Acts 8:12-18: But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized.

Acts 19:4 And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”

John 3; 22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.
23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

Quote from Billy Graham that is note worthy;
....Also, to clarify I did not say remission of sin takes place at repentance. Scripture makes it clear that it occurs upon obedience to water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus. Each is a step of faith, along with receiving the Holy Ghost, in the process of one's spiritual rebirth

.."Paul explains the doctrinal significance of what occurs when one is baptized.His explanation is found in his letter to those who had already been obedient to the command.

Paul tells the Roman Christians what actually occurred when they were/are baptized; they were baptized into His death. Being buried with Jesus into His death resulted in their sin being destroyed.

Even though Paul explains this concept, the NEW AGE RELIGION TEACHING is......... that water baptism is nothing other than a mere public display.......... And that is so far removed from the truth.

.......If you were baptized for some reason other than for forgiveness of sins in order to be saved then you do not have salvation and you are still lost. Who are you going to follow: God or man? As our Lord warns us in Matthew 15:14, "And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a ditch." Don't allow someone, who has added to and taken away from God's word, to lead you. Open your eyes and read God's word for yourself. Those who have added to and taken away from God's word will be lost. If you continue to follow them, then you too will be lost.

Keep in mind that Satan knows if he can continue to perpetuate that lie ...... he can keep people from entering the kingdom of God. Thus He has proven scripture which says ...in the end times there will be ...great delusions.....they are here.

Conclusion....teaching that baptism is not necessary is violation of Rev. 22;19.... And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (Also two other books of the Bible).

Aug 2, 2021
My point stands. Isa 6:9,10 shows that people choose what they hear and see.

God isn't forcing anyone.
Good point but the verse is spot on and Ephesians tells us why.

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,

This means that God is the author of salvation.
Not just at the Cross and not only in Genesis but for every individual whom HE calls.

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him

The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

May 22, 2020
If that's how you read it.

We are actually saved by grace through faith. Both, an irrevocable gift of God. Not of ourselves that anyone might boast.

https://biblehub.com/bsb/1_peter/3.htm
Grace is the ...umbrella...if you will ...under which we may receive eternal salvation by keeping God's commandments. One of which is that we be baptized to wash away sins. (We can not receive ..grace...unless we repent .....as same with baptism...same with living a righteous life, etc).
There is also a ...new age religion teaching ...that repentance is required. Do you buy that?

Baptism is Required

Peter 3: 21.... whereunto even baptism doth also now save us...

John 3:5 .......Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2;38-....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 22;16... And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Galations 3:26...... For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

KJV Marrk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

KJV Matthew 3:14... But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15. Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now, for thus it becometh us to fulfil all rightesousness. Then He suffered Him.

KJV Matthew 28:19..... Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:.

Acts 8:12-18: But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized.

Acts 19:4 And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”

John 3; 22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.
23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

Quote from Billy Graham that is note worthy;
....Also, to clarify I did not say remission of sin takes place at repentance. Scripture makes it clear that it occurs upon obedience to water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus. Each is a step of faith, along with receiving the Holy Ghost, in the process of one's spiritual rebirth

.."Paul explains the doctrinal significance of what occurs when one is baptized.His explanation is found in his letter to those who had already been obedient to the command.

Paul tells the Roman Christians what actually occurred when they were/are baptized; they were baptized into His death. Being buried with Jesus into His death resulted in their sin being destroyed.

Even though Paul explains this concept, the NEW AGE RELIGION TEACHING is......... that water baptism is nothing other than a mere public display.......... And that is so far removed from the truth.

.......If you were baptized for some reason other than for forgiveness of sins in order to be saved then you do not have salvation and you are still lost. Who are you going to follow: God or man? As our Lord warns us in Matthew 15:14, "And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a ditch." Don't allow someone, who has added to and taken away from God's word, to lead you. Open your eyes and read God's word for yourself. Those who have added to and taken away from God's word will be lost. If you continue to follow them, then you too will be lost.

Keep in mind that Satan knows if he can continue to perpetuate that lie ...... he can keep people from entering the kingdom of God. Thus He has proven scripture which says ...in the end times there will be ...great delusions.....they are here.

Conclusion....teaching that baptism is not necessary is violation of Rev. 22;19.... And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (Also two other books of the Bible).

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
The Apostles and those believing diciples of Christ who were waiting for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit were ALL SAVED.

"And while they were gathered together, He commanded them: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift the Father promised, which you have heard Me discuss. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Acts ch1
Being baptized with the Holy Spirit is when the indwelling takes place. This point has been made many times in scripture:

Acts 2:2-4
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:33
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Acts 8:17
Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:47
Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Acts 19:2
He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?

Acts 11:6
Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ;

Luke 11:13
...how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Aug 2, 2021
Being baptized with the Holy Spirit is when the indwelling takes place. This point has been made many times in scripture:

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ;

...how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Your opening statement is false.

The Scriptures are TRUE

Believe the ALL the scripture and not your isolated viewpoint that excludes the TRUTH.

Aug 2, 2021

FYI - Salvation was FIRST Spoken by Elohim in Genesis