What Belongs in A Go Bag?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Each family should have an emergency kit, or Go-bag ready at a moment's notice.
What goes inside?
( Check with FEMA.gov for a thorough packing list.)

For nourishment: Non-perishable food, can opener and water.

For safety: Battery-powered or hand-crank radio, pliers, whistle, flashlight and batteries,
cell phone and charger.

For health: First aid kit, dust mask, moist towelettes, garbage bags aND plastic ties.

For individual needs: Three days to a week's worth of medication, formula and diapers for babies,
extra contacts and glasses and pet food.

Sep 8, 2021
the last thing to flee is your home. stand your ground at all means necessary

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Feminine hygiene. I would suggest making or buying cloth pads as they can be reused.

T

tstumf

I have a full line of prepper and military surplus gear acquired over the years mostly out of a position of fear. I have a pack full of it. 72hr go bag . Ready for leaving home never to return bag essentially. It has everything even a full medical kit that has sutures and things beyond my skill to use. It weighs in at almost 100 lbs. tent, food, ammo, sleeping gear, 7 ways to make a fire, knives, shovels, hatchet,etc. you get the idea. It became an idol I didn’t even realize I had till recently . What I finally came to realize was that no matter how much I prepared…. Mostly through the Obama years. I was putting faith in physical preparation and was still fearful. my faith in God was coming in second or further down the list. The last year or so I’ve had to bring faith in God back to the front and make him #1. My hope is that in Such an event is need this stuff that God will use me and this Gear for his will and to wield it all in love and strength for my family or whoever he places me to be responsible for in such a situation I’d need the stuff. Just something for you all to be aware of. It’s easy to let fear of a situation separate you from God. Don’t let it happen friends. Yes absolutely prepare. but don’t let it rule your life. Let God lead you in the preparation on this stuff.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I have a full line of prepper and military surplus gear acquired over the years mostly out of a position of fear. I have a pack full of it. 72hr go bag . Ready for leaving home never to return bag essentially. It has everything even a full medical kit that has sutures and things beyond my skill to use. It weighs in at almost 100 lbs. tent, food, ammo, sleeping gear, 7 ways to make a fire, knives, shovels, hatchet,etc. you get the idea. It became an idol I didn’t even realize I had till recently . What I finally came to realize was that no matter how much I prepared…. Mostly through the Obama years. I was putting faith in physical preparation and was still fearful. my faith in God was coming in second or further down the list. The last year or so I’ve had to bring faith in God back to the front and make him #1. My hope is that in Such an event is need this stuff that God will use me and this Gear for his will and to wield it all in love and strength for my family or whoever he places me to be responsible for in such a situation I’d need the stuff. Just something for you all to be aware of. It’s easy to let fear of a situation separate you from God. Don’t let it happen friends. Yes absolutely prepare. but don’t let it rule your life. Let God lead you in the preparation on this stuff.
Amen!

Aug 4, 2021
Yes, the only thing you need. All that other stuff is just fears. A bible, some batteries to recharge speakers and phone, so you can play gospelmusic, set to go. That being said, I used to fear the terrible weather, so I do have like 15 days worth of food stored. For those who finds it OK to kill animals, food should not be an issue, animals all around if a foodshortage, so do not get that one. A farm is a dime a dozen, and you have deer, moose, caribous and rabbits all over the place, so why not get some traps and guns instead of food, or in addition to food supply. I do not get why some preppers plan for 2 weeks of essentials, if they envision apoclyptic plagues lasting forever. Not an issue for me, food safety, energysafety, etc, but if I had theese fears I would get some materials and blueprints for traps. I can make bevertraps, so I would do that if I was worried. And why the fear when the rivers are full of fish?Is it survival or convenience one must ask himself. Buy some chickens, 20 chickens, you get 10 eggs a day, get some flour, and you are good to go for months.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
A map...a good map. Paper maps don't need electricity and with them you can find back roads and highways to get anywhere you want to go.

Because after a breakdown of society most people have some sort of destination in mind out of big cities.
It can be on the banks of a lake, reservoir or river...check up on family or friends to see if they are safe...but whatever reason people will want to travel to somewhere out of the cities and a map that isn't internet connected is a huge help.

Aug 20, 2021
U would need nothing but faith...It maybe different in the last days..but in times past he sent an angle or angles.

Apr 11, 2020
Sturdy knife (full tang)
leather gloves
firearm
extra ammo/mags
fire starter kit
water filter (Sawyer or Life Straw)
paracord

presidente

May 29, 2013
angel or angels

angle is the difference of two lines, measured in degrees
If you talk to those angles, you'll find out some of them can be really obtuse. But I'd prefer to talk to a cute angle. If it is a cute angle, it will not be obtuse.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Each family should have an emergency kit, or Go-bag ready at a moment's notice.
What goes inside?
( Check with FEMA.gov for a thorough packing list.)

For nourishment: Non-perishable food, can opener and water.

For safety: Battery-powered or hand-crank radio, pliers, whistle, flashlight and batteries,
cell phone and charger.

For health: First aid kit, dust mask, moist towelettes, garbage bags aND plastic ties.

For individual needs: Three days to a week's worth of medication, formula and diapers for babies,
extra contacts and glasses and pet food.
What about a a stop sign lol