What do we know about the resurrected body of the unsaved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Do you believe that Jesus gives idle threats?
Based on context it is a fact not a threat. The fact is he can do it, not that he will do it.

23-27 “But when they persecute you in one town make your escape to the next. Believe me, you will not have covered the towns of Israel before the Son of Man arrives. The disciple is not superior to his teacher any more than the servant is superior to his master, for what is good enough for the teacher is good enough for the disciple as well, and the servant will not fare better than his master. If men call the master of the household the ‘Prince of Evil’, what sort of names will they give to his Servants? But never let them frighten you, for there is nothing covered up which is not going to be exposed nor anything private which will not be made public. The things I tell you in the dark you must say in the daylight, and the things you hear in your private ear you must proclaim from the house-tops.

They should reverence God but have no fear of man
28 “Never be afraid of those who can kill the body but are powerless to kill the soul! Far better to stand in awe of the one who has the power to destroy body and soul in the fires of destruction!

29-31 “Two sparrows sell for a farthing, don’t they? Yet not a single sparrow falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge. The very hairs of your head are all numbered. Never be afraid, then—you are far more valuable than sparrows.

32-33 “Every man who publicly acknowledges me I shall acknowledge in the presence of my Father in Heaven, but the man who disowns me before men I shall disown before my Father in Heaven.

The Prince of Peace comes to bring division
34-36 “Never think I have come to bring peace upon the earth. No, I have not come to bring peace but a sword! For I have come to set a man against his own father, a daughter against her own mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The "in hell" part tells us he will because that is where he sends the unsaved.

Romans 15:21
Evangelical Heritage Version
21 Instead, as it is written:

Those who were not told about him will see,
and those who have not heard will understand

Isaiah 52:15
Evangelical Heritage Version
15 so he will sprinkle[a] many nations,
and kings will shut their mouths because of him,
because they will see something they had never been told before,
and they will understand something they had never heard before.

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
And, when given an resurrected body it would be like the one in I Cor 15. There is no reference to the wicked not getting that kind of body? or is the body of them spelled out somewhere?
The Body of Christ will have a Body like the Lord`s fit for the highest realm.
The OT saints will have a body fit for the NJ in the Universal heavens.
Those on the NE will have bodies like Adam and Eve.

Everyone suited to their place in all of God`s great kingdom.

Those of the wicked will not have a body, but are just a spirit in darkness. They do not have the pleasure of sight, sound, feeling, taste, etc.
Remember the only LIFE is through Jesus Christ.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The Body of Christ will have a Body like the Lord`s fit for the highest realm.
The OT saints will have a body fit for the NJ in the Universal heavens.
Those on the NE will have bodies like Adam and Eve.

Everyone suited to their place in all of God`s great kingdom.

Those of the wicked will not have a body, but are just a spirit in darkness. They do not have the pleasure of sight, sound, feeling, taste, etc.
Remember the only LIFE is through Jesus Christ.
Hi friend, where do you see "spirit in darkness" in bible?

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
Hi friend, where do you see "spirit in darkness" in bible?
Hi TheLearner,

Thank you for asking. In Matthew 8: 12 we read -

`But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into OUTER DARKNESS.`

As for their `spirit` that is all they will have as an earthly body is mortal and a spiritual body is only given through Jesus.

`There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body......Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption.` (1 Cor. 15: 44 & 50)

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Hi TheLearner,

Thank you for asking. In Matthew 8: 12 we read -

`But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into OUTER DARKNESS.`

As for their `spirit` that is all they will have as an earthly body is mortal and a spiritual body is only given through Jesus.

`There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body......Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption.` (1 Cor. 15: 44 & 50)
We need a thank you icon

Dec 4, 2021
Well we won’t know wether they are unsaved until the Great White Throne Judgement at the Second Resurrection.......Also Corruption will not inherit incorruption and will not take part in the First Resurrection and must be wearing a white robe to enter the Marriage Supper or they will be bound and cast to outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
And, when given an resurrected body it would be like the one in I Cor 15. There is no reference to the wicked not getting that kind of body? or is the body of them spelled out somewhere?
Yes there is. Read the parable of wheat and tares. Tares are thrown into the Lake of Fire, where there is eternal torment.
The wicked are resurrected to be thrown into the lake of fire to undergo everlasting contempt.

““Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life,
but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.” (Daniel 12:2)

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds...if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:13–15)
“These will pay the punishment of eternal destruction, away from
the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,” (2 Thessalonians 1:9)​

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Well we won’t know wether they are unsaved until the Great White Throne Judgement at the Second Resurrection.......Also Corruption will not inherit incorruption and will not take part in the First Resurrection and must be wearing a white robe to enter the Marriage Supper or they will be bound and cast to outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Yes, Paul is addressing Christians and finishes that way too. In verse 35, he starts talking about the Resurrected body of all, both saved and unsaved.

I Cor 15
35 But someone may ask, “How are the dead raised? What kind of body will they have?” 36 These are stupid questions. When you plant something, it must die in the ground before it can live and grow. 37 And when you plant something, what you plant does not have the same “body” that it will have later. What you plant is only a seed, maybe wheat or something else. 38 But God gives it the body that he has planned for it, and he gives each kind of seed its own body. 39 All things made of flesh are not the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds have another, and fish have yet another kind. 40 Also there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies. But the beauty of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the beauty of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of beauty, the moon has another kind, and the stars have another. And each star is different in its beauty.

42 It will be the same when those who have died are raised to life. The body that is “planted” in the grave will ruin and decay, but it will be raised to a life that cannot be destroyed. 43 When the body is “planted,” it is without honor. But when it is raised, it will be great and glorious. When the body is “planted,” it is weak. But when it is raised, it will be full of power. 44 The body that is “planted” is a physical body. When it is raised, it will be a spiritual body.

There is a physical body. So there is also a spiritual body. 45 As the Scriptures say, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.[d]”[e] But the last Adam[f] is a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual man did not come first. It was the physical man that came first; then came the spiritual. 47 The first man came from the dust of the earth. The second man came from heaven. 48 All people belong to the earth. They are like that first man of earth. But those who belong to heaven are like that man of heaven. 49 We were made like that man of earth, so we will also be made like that man of heaven.

50 I tell you this, brothers and sisters: Our bodies of flesh and blood cannot have a part in God’s kingdom. Something that will ruin cannot have a part in something that never ruins. 51 But listen, I tell you this secret: We will not all die, but we will all be changed. 52 It will only take the time of a second. We will be changed as quickly as an eye blinks. This will happen when the last trumpet blows. The trumpet will blow and those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we will all be changed. 53 This body that ruins must clothe itself with something that will never ruin. And this body that dies must clothe itself with something that will never die. 54 So this body that ruins will clothe itself with that which never ruins. And this body that dies will clothe itself with that which never dies. When this happens, the Scriptures will be made true:

“Death is swallowed in victory.”
55 “O death, where is your victory?
Where is your power to hurt?”
56 Death’s power to hurt is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But we thank God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, stand strong. Don’t let anything change you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord. You know that your work in the Lord is never wasted.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The wicked are resurrected to be thrown into the lake of fire to undergo everlasting contempt.

““Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life,
but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.” (Daniel 12:2)

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds...if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:13–15)
“These will pay the punishment of eternal destruction, away from
the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,” ()​
2 Thessalonians 1:9
Easy-to-Read Version
9 They will be punished with a destruction that never ends. They will not be allowed to be with the Lord but will be kept away from his great power.

From the Greek Grammar we know that their "destruction" is ongoing, never ceases.

Based on I cor 15:35- they also, get the same kind of body we get.

I already posted on this.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
New International Version
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

King James Bible
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Amplified Bible
These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Christian Standard Bible
They will pay the penalty of eternal destruction from the Lord’s presence and from his glorious strength

Good News Translation
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and from his glorious might,

Literal Standard Version
who will suffer justice—continuous destruction—from the face of the LORD, and from the glory of His strength,

Godbey New Testament
who shall suffer vengeance, eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

https://biblehub.com/parallel/2_thessalonians/1-9.htm

"
Shall suffer punishment (δικην τισουσιν). Future active of old verb τινω, to pay penalty (δικην, right, justice), here only in N.T., but αποτινω once also to repay Philemon 1:19 (NAS)

19 I, Paul, am writing this with my own hand, I will repay it (not to mention to you that you owe to me even your own self as well).
Click link to access powerful study resources in a new window.