What do YOU like about the "new" CC?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When you hover over a person's name or avatar, their account information comes up. You can click the number of posts for that person, and it will take you to their post stream :)

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I feel lost :D I don't know yet...I love the old one but I'll be patient ?

But I like the smileys I can use the smileys on my phone which is awesome! ????????????❤

M

Miri

I was looking for funny images about upgrades
and I came across this perfect one for @Oncefallen

DD768172-9909-4C0B-A1C0-7FECCA55B587.jpeg

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Also, I absolutely ADORE the fact that I and literally everyone on this site can become a grammar nazi via the bad spelling reaction...

Hmm...wonder if anyone will get some ideas from this comment. Hee hee.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Robo said there is an option to do a square avatar.. but he didn't say HOW we achieve that..

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Robo said there is an option to do a square avatar.. but he didn't say HOW we achieve that..
i meant on the admin end... all avatats would be set one way or the other for a paricular page or part of the site.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
i meant on the admin end... all avatats would be set one way or the other for a paricular page or part of the site.
Ohhh okay.. I like square better.. lol

M

Miri

I don’t mind, bees tend to be round and so are teapots.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I like that I can subscribe to (whoops I mean watch) the whole forum and then I get notified about any new threads as well.

J

joefizz

I like the new CC fragrance the best...

So....now Christian chat smells like flowers and giant dancing teddy bears?????
That was what you were trying to tell everyone right?

J

joefizz

I love the overall look, but there are some things missing that I am going to miss.... and there are a few very minor criticisms I have about the new look, like the circular avatars... I prefer rectangular ones like we used to have, but I guess these round ones encourage people to post a pic of themselves instead of say... a box of donuts... :cautious:
Well that way the site is "well rounded" and a "circle" never ends just like God/Jesus's love so I think it fits!

J

joefizz

While I can't quite forgive it for taking nearly 18 months worth of likes and reps away from me in the blink of an eye, I think that no longer needing a image hosting site is quite nice...

Also, I now have the ability to spread my memes on the Life Bits sections!
Cool now you can expand your horizons and become even more popular than before!

FENNER2

Apr 21, 2018
I think it looks great. Very mobile friendly. Who has two thumbs and likes the changes? This girl right here, that's who.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
One of the things I noticed pretty quickly is that you no longer have to have a ten character minimum for posts.

Long gone are the days of posting "..........." just to meet the minimum ten characters.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am entirely sure how i feel about it yet, it honestly feels more like facebook to me than cc but i still have to try all the features and such

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I just got home from vacation yesterday, logged into CC and Wham! Yikes! Different. I am sure the "different" has gotten a good amount of flack, as usual. Who really likes change, anyway? But it looks like there was a lot of work put into this new update, and I think I'll really like it. What are some of the features you're finding cool?

I already know I'm going to like the private messaging system much, much better. No more cluttering up the inbox and wading through responses to try to find where so-and-so said such-and-such. It's right there at your fingertips, laid out thread-style. Cool!

I haven't had much of a chance to look around yet, but I'm sure I'll be back to gloat as I find other cool features. What are YOUR favorite things about the new system?
I like the reaction icons. Other than that, I much prefer the old format as it was easier to follow. Miss the friends list and the rep power system. I also miss the last 10 visitors list to your profile page and the amount of visits since you joined. A member's sex should be visible on each post, the previous color coding was effective. If I had a choice would have stayed with the old format, except perhaps for a few cosmetic changes. The reaction symbols probably could have be incorporated into the old format as well.