What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 24, 2018
I think some (not all!) of these men have very weak egos, and are threatened by women. Let God take care of it! If women like myself are wrong for following God's call....
You're not following God's calling. God doesn't call women to be pastors. And, I'm not angry nor do I feel threatened by someone who resorts to the most desperate and hysterical arguments to defend their false claims, such as when you assert that Priscilla was a church leader and pastor because Luke, as a gentleman, uses her name is twice before her husband's, in spite of her being a new convert to Christ (which absurdly, you, a Priscillaphile, didn't know, and now irrationally reject) who is never identified as any sort of leader or shown to be engaged in any sort of leadership.

wait, I am following God's call, don't care a bit what some of these annoying and angry men are saying!
I think the one who is angry is you, because you've been totally pwned.

I also think that the KJV is a frequent source of bad doctrine.
The KJV is a great translation. Yes, some people reach wrong conclusions because they misunderstand it. But, the chief source of bad doctrine in the church are liars and lunatics who try to impose their false doctrines onto the Bible.

I just thought I would answer this poll, which basically I said, men should worry about their own backyard. God is quite capable of stopping women if he doesn't want them to preach. And he certainly has never stopped me!
Men should worry about their own backward? There's an argument from the reprobate left, men aren't allowed to have opinions that involve the issue of gender. Whites aren't allowed to have opinions that involve race. The church is my backyard. Who leads the church is an issue in my backyard. And, all desperate and dumb arguments are always open to be refuted, if for no other reason that an interest in Truth.

Yes, God is quite capable of stepping women if he doesn't want them to preach. But, we live in a a fallen world and God tolerates, for now, all sorts of evil. Your argument is as faulty as if a pedophile said God is quite capable of stopping him from molesting boys if he doesn't want boys molested.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Actually, I know my wife who is a member as well as a few others quite well, including male members. As far as plain English, I have stated my position repeatedly in these types of threads that Paul saying the he does not permit a woman to speak in church or be in a position of authority is not the same as God saying that He does not permit it.

Every word in the bible is there for a express purpose and there is a huge difference between what Paul does not permit and what God does not permit. Paul himself states in 1 Cor 10:23 that all things are lawful but not all things are profitable.

Apparently you and I are on a different spiritual plane on certain matters, I'm not saying my perception is superior or yours is inferior but clearly our view on this particular matter is different.

I have not conducted any such psychoanalyzing of Christian men bur only offered my opinion on certain ones. I was not referring to you as pathetic, or anyone else for that matter, in regards to spiritual views as to the role of woman in the church or service to the Lord but if you want to lump yourself in with those that I was critical of that is entirely up to you.

I hope my explanation was in plain enough English for your to comprehend. I do agree with you that the real issue is what is written in the bible, but apparently our understanding of certain passages differs.

As far as tourism is concerned I am just passing through and will not come this way again. I travel light.
Paul was writing under Holy Spirit inspiration. When Paul was putting in his opinion he disclosed it and said it was with permission.

This is not a salvation issue so we can disagree. I have been in some churches where they had a woman "pastor". I would never sit under such a ministry. Unfortunately most of them are inadequate for the job. Its a political statement and a jab in the eye to God.

We see much adorning the pulpits of our churches that should not be there and God certainly did not ordain it to be so. Sodomite men and women are invading church pulpits. God is not in that.

Just because it is going on does not mean God is blessing.

Equal rights for women has them parading around in states of undress that ought to embarrass even a sailor.

Thank God for women who desire to be Godly and not liberated to prove equality.

Where are the Proverbs 31 women? God has blessed me with one and I give God thanks daily for her presence in my life.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
Curious what people are thinking since it seems the same people are following the threads, and most seem to ignore them.

(And multiple choice is OK.)
They'll answer to God for calling him their kind of Misogynist.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
This question arrives often on religious forums. I learned a long time ago it isn't worth arguing the issue. While it is fascinating to learn where people are in their walk with Christ just in reading responses. Those who are still in their sin nature insist God is prejudiced against all the same people they are.
While the women's names that show women are called to minister and those are proof in the bible passages are ignored or explained away.

It's quite the thing to watch.
Love your Texas siggy! I refuse to shop at Target. They'll let men into women's dressing area's but back in 2007 they made news refusing to allow a real woman enter with her baby in the stroller.
Today if that was a she-male with a stroller they'd never dare stop him.

The world's going to Hell.

Feb 28, 2016
ddd should in 'our' opinion, be 'banned' for they are definitely repeated 'trolls' -
'all of them'...

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
How about in "our" opinion the respectful thing would be to put that in a REPORT . Not make it public so as to hope to bring people against someone here?
That goodbye post is more and more being explained.

Feb 28, 2016
there are NO 'good-by-posts', only new questions and hope for individual questions'...

HOPE

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Paul was writing under Holy Spirit inspiration. When Paul was putting in his opinion he disclosed it and said it was with permission.

This is not a salvation issue so we can disagree. I have been in some churches where they had a woman "pastor". I would never sit under such a ministry. Unfortunately most of them are inadequate for the job. Its a political statement and a jab in the eye to God.

We see much adorning the pulpits of our churches that should not be there and God certainly did not ordain it to be so. Sodomite men and women are invading church pulpits. God is not in that.

Just because it is going on does not mean God is blessing.

Equal rights for women has them parading around in states of undress that ought to embarrass even a sailor.

Thank God for women who desire to be Godly and not liberated to prove equality.

Where are the Proverbs 31 women? God has blessed me with one and I give God thanks daily for her presence in my life.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
What evidence is there to suggest that most women pastors are inadequate for the job? In what way are they inadequate? Of course, what Paul wrote was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Each word written in the bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Paul did write, however, that there are certain things that he did not permit, but did not say that such things were explicitly forbidden by God. Some of these Proverb 31 women are in positions of authority serving in church ministry. The equal rights demonstrations that you mention with women parading around undressed have nothing to do with whether or not a woman should be allowed to preach in church. Personally, I would not sit under such a ministry either with this type of women. I give thanks to God for the spiritual woman who is my wife too. There are a lot of men that are inadequate to serve in church ministry too. Having served in the military I am quite sure that most sailors would not be the least embarrassed at the public display of unruly behavior of woman demonstrating on the false pretense of woman's rights. The Proverb 31 woman that you mentioned was a bit liberated too as it traditionally was the responsibility of the husband to provide for his wife and not the other way around.

Feb 28, 2016
What evidence is there to suggest that most women pastors are inadequate for the job? In what way are they inadequate? Of course, what Paul wrote was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Each word written in the bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Paul did write, however, that there are certain things that he did not permit, but did not say that such things were explicitly forbidden by God. Some of these Proverb 31 women are in positions of authority serving in church ministry. The equal rights demonstrations that you mention with women parading around undressed have nothing to do with whether or not a woman should be allowed to preach in church. Personally, I would not sit under such a ministry either with this type of women. I give thanks to God for the spiritual woman who is my wife too. There are a lot of men that are inadequate to serve in church ministry too. Having served in the military I am quite sure that most sailors would not be the least embarrassed at the public display of unruly behavior of woman demonstrating on the false pretense of woman's rights. The Proverb 31 woman that you mentioned was a bit liberated too as it traditionally was the responsibility of the husband to provide for his wife and not the other way around.

Feb 28, 2016
???
we 'hope and pray' that our Saviour will eventually answer all of our questions,
if we are sincere...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The equating of women who are genuinely seeking to follow God's call on their lives with feminists of any stripe is unreasonable, demeaning, and condescending. They simply aren't in the same category. Calling them "rebellious" is silly and unfruitful.

While there are Christians who borrow feminist arguments to support their cause, it is both unwise and unnecessary. The feminist movement has very little to do with Christianity. While it has brought about some important changes, those changes have nothing to do with women preaching, teaching, and leading.

We are called to disagree honestly and respectfully. If you can't do that, it's your issue, not the other person's, no matter what they believe. It seems that atheists get better treatment around here than people who hold to Christ and draw differing conclusions from His word. That's just sad. If we can't follow the command to love one another and let that filter our posts, we're failing miserably at this "Christian" thing. I'm preaching to myself as much as to anyone else.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
I think if the 12 disciples had been women, the gospel would have
spread much faster and to every nation by now. Just think we could have all
been living in eternity now!

Well you know what they say. The 3 fastest forms of communication are:

Television
Telephone
Tell a woman.
Jesus knows all things, and when he chose all men, or may I say male, and not female,there was a very good reason for doing so.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Jesus knows all things, and when he chose all men, or may I say male, and not female,there was a very good reason for doing so.
However, that is narrative, not directive. It's generally a bad idea to make doctrine from narrative, because unless Scripture has a comment in the narrative giving clear direction, we cannot take it as necessarily directive. After all, the Bible records a whole lot of narrative that nobody should take as directive.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
However, that is narrative, not directive. It's generally a bad idea to make doctrine from narrative, because unless Scripture has a comment in the narrative giving clear direction, we cannot take it as necessarily directive. After all, the Bible records a whole lot of narrative that nobody should take as directive.
show me one female he chose.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
show me one female he chose.
would the samaritan woman work? he talked to her. she went to others. they came and saw Jesus.

now, if you are asking specifically about disciples, the Bible said Jesus had many, but 12 were specifically named. from those 12, 3 were in his inner circle: Peter, James, John.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
would the samaritan woman work? he talked to her. she went to others. they came and saw Jesus.

now, if you are asking specifically about disciples, the Bible said Jesus had many, but 12 were specifically named. from those 12, 3 were in his inner circle: Peter, James, John.
People need to just accept what the word of God has to say,and stop trying to insert what is not in scripture. If women have a problem with that, they need to take it up with God., and stop telling everybody else that they are wrong. Like I said, find one woman. Men are physically strong, more durable, and not subject to sexual attacks as women are. For that reason, the gospel was not hindered.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
People need to just accept what the word of God has to say,and stop trying to insert what is not in scripture. If women have a problem with that, they need to take it up with God., and stop telling everybody else that they are wrong. Like I said, find one woman. Men are physically strong, more durable, and not subject to sexual attacks as women are. For that reason, the gospel was not hindered.
You haven't heard of Amy Carmichael, clearly.

The attributes you list are either irrelevant or unbalanced. Physical strength has nothing to do with Christian ministry. God gives the needed strength.

I have not yet seen anyone who advocates for female leadership try to "insert" anything into Scripture. I have, however, seen that from people who argue against females in ministry.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
When God chooses a man or a woman for a specific task, He has perfect justification for doing so because He knows all things and He knows whether a man or woman will be better suited for it.

The only time I can think of where the Scriptures command a woman to place herself "under" a man in any way is in the context of a marriage relationship. And even then, she (as the wife) is not told to "obey" her husband, but rather to "submit" to him. She would thus be obeying the Lord in doing that.

The other instances where Scripture tells women to place themselves under the authority or leadership of men (and they are not called out specifically) are: if the man is her boss at work or if he happens to be a government official/officer (because we are all supposed to submit to those in authority or leadership over us). This type of submission then, applies to men as well.