What shall a christian woman wear?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Oi, Sarah, bem-vinda ao Christian Chat! :)

An exposed cleavage will mostly attract men who are looking for sex only. Christian women will be better off if they follow Paul's teachings.
Sarah I see you are from Brazil.

GO TO THIS MAN's CHURCH! (Marcelo's)

From what I hear, its a great place. WISH I WAS THERE!

praise God!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It's a different issue for men and women.

Women know they can get a man's attention by dressing provocatively, because men are visual creatures. A man struggles with keeping his mind pure and his eyes from wandering.

Men, on the other hand, don't try to get a woman's attention with clothing so much. A man will flirt to get a woman's attention by using suggestive words, using body language, whistling or making kissing sounds, facial expressions (winks, stares, seductive looks, ogling her body), because he knows women are emotional creatures. A woman struggles with keeping her mind pure and her heart from being deceived.

The solution is keep your eyes on Christ Jesus and you won't be found in bondage to this seductive game.
Thank you for your response, which does not place more blame on either gender. We are different, and equally vulnerable.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Thank you for your response, which does not place more blame on either gender. We are different, and equally vulnerable.
Guys with skinny jeans and guys wearing a suit with sports shoes are definitely vulnerable

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am already skinny so when skinny jeans come in fashion Im like why would anyone want to look skinny? I would wear baggy jeans.

But thing is skinny are uncomfortable so I dont wear them. I actually prefer chinos or skirts.

There is a place in china where they make nothing but jeans. Its an american style of clothing so I suppose people want to look american. As for cleavage, yea not sure about that, some of those jeans were so low waisted it showed bum cleavage but its usually tradies that had that. On women one has to be careful because with low waisted jeans and short tops if you werent svelte you just got what is know as 'muffin top' which was a belly of flesh that looks like you squeezed in to tight to your jeans so it just rolls over the top.

The bible says we are to wear a breastplate of righteousness...now you can interpret that to mean..if we dont wear anything covering our breasts we'd all be exposed. Come on common sense shows that to protect that area, which in women can be tender, we cover it up!

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Women should stay abreast of the latest fashions, butt still wear the right thighs so it's not too tight.

Mar 28, 2016
Mankind should represent the image of God in the inner man and not the likeness of a wild beast of the field or a 30 dollar race horse.

S

SpoonJuly

Clean and covered--not calling attention to certain parts of one's body.
Same for men.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
modesty begins in the heart. a woman could dress modestly and still have an icky/seductive attitude.

i have found that if i keep my eyes on the Lord, Holy Spirit teaches me what should stay or be removed from my heart. what's in the heart will come out in everything i do, including my attire.

Mar 28, 2016
Glowing apparel is the goal as when Moses came down from the presence of the glory of God. Its all about glory lost and found. . Clothed with the righteousness of Christ or naked.

A picture of the bride of Christ the church. Its the end of time the sun and moon under her feet to represent the gospel .

Revelation 12 King James Version (KJV) And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Good evening brothers and sisters! My question is about christian women’s clothes.

So, what do you say about the way some women dress up? Does God condemn a woman that wear clevage / tight or short dresses? If yes or no, why? What should a christian woman wear?

What should you recommend or say to a woman that wears tight jeans/ short dresses / clevage?
Thanks so much for this post.

I have two daughters, I made most of their clothes, and designed them as well. During their high school years the style was for dresses so short that the under clothes of girls often showed. If they wore longer dresses they were considered odd balls. The style today is as bad, and this becomes an issue.

I pointed out to the girls that the idea behind the style of the day was a sexual come on. They had never thought of those short, short skirts in that way. It was the end of their wanting to be in style, they welcomed the longer skirts.

Todays styles are really to make being sexy good, and to make fun of the idea of God's way of family. No Christian should join them in any way.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Here is some Bible:

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

In other words: Dress modest, this goes to the MEN too btw. Dont be wearing no skinny jeans as a dude, I will look at you like a punk if you do!

In my previous life if I saw someone like you in the club, you best believe im going to see what you're about. Remember men are easily tempted.
Yeah. And doesn't she know it.
And the whole question in the O.P. is a scam....
BUT...
Did you say something about not wearing gold or pearls...
I mean, are you serious dude?

This is me:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Good evening brothers and sisters! My question is about christian women’s clothes.

So, what do you say about the way some women dress up? Does God condemn a woman that wear clevage / tight or short dresses? If yes or no, why? What should a christian woman wear?

What should you recommend or say to a woman that wears tight jeans/ short dresses / clevage?
I wouldn't say anything because it's none of my business. God condemns no one. What clothes should a Christian woman wear? She should wear whatever she feels appropriate.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
BUT...

This is me:

Dont u get annoyed with rings and stuff...i get annoyed from the feeling of a ring or hard bracelets

K

kaylagrl

BUT...

This is me:

Ok ,I'll bite why is the question a scam?

K

kaylagrl

Dont u get annoyed with rings and stuff...i get annoyed from the feeling of a ring or hard bracelets
I wear rings,bracelets,necklace and earrings when I dress up to go somewhere or to church. Otherwise I just wear my wedding band.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I don't care for bracelets. They're loose and theyjangle and it's annoying to type with them..have to take them off at night.

No. Rings you get used to. If I don't have at least two on, I feel like there's something missing.
Plus, they're so pretty...I have a lot - mostly fake, but who cares?? Keep them on all the time.
Ditto for earrings....love them too.

Did you ever notice that English is the only language that allows you to say that you "love" rings and earrings? Or any material thing for that matter...

In other languages you could only love a person...

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I wear rings,bracelets,necklace and earrings when I dress up to go somewhere or to church. Otherwise I just wear my wedding band.
Why?
Wear them all the time!!

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Ok ,I'll bite why is the question a scam?
Look at her avatar.
What does it say to you?
I'll betevery guy on this thread got the message.
That's all I'll say....
I hate when we're treated like idiots though.

K

kaylagrl

Look at her avatar.
What does it say to you?
I'll betevery guy on this thread got the message.
That's all I'll say....
I hate when we're treated like idiots though.
A little small to see... will have to take a better look I guess.