What will we eat in Heaven - according to scripture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
just an FYI on posting comments. You can post multiple replys on a single comment. Just click on the REPLY button on mulitiple comments and it will add it to your post. By doing it this way you can comment on multiple posts in a single comment and it doesn't require so many comments.
Yes, thank you, but I already understand the system, but choose to individualize responses to individual people. I do not like quoting several persons in a single response.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
I'm hoping for chicken wings.
Why do you think death will continue to exist?
1Co_15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.​
2Co_5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.​
Rev_21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.​

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Why do you think death will continue to exist?

Death won't be discontinued until the great white throne event depicted at
Rev 20:11-15; which takes place at the end of Christ's 1,000 year rule on
the earth and just prior to the creation of an entirely new cosmos.

People will live longer lives during Christ's 1,000 years, but they won't be
immortal.

Isa 65:20 . .Never again will there be in Jerusalem an infant who lives but
a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years. He who dies at a
hundred will be thought a mere youth. He who fails to reach a hundred will
be considered accursed.
_

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
Death won't be discontinued until the great white throne event depicted at
Rev 20:11-15;
True.

which takes place at the end of Christ's 1,000 year rule on
the earth
Incorrect. You are in error, and carry the 'bible students' strain of theological flu.

The Reign of 1,000 years, is the pre-eternal term of Christ's reign in Heaven (not earth):

Here are the texts of Revelation 20:1-7 cited:

Revelation 20:1 - And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2 - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:3 - And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:4 - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5 - But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6 - Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:7 - And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Please notice, that in these texts [Revelation 20:1-7], there is no where written that either Jesus, or the “saints” (or “satan” for that matter), shall “reign upon the earth” for 1,000 years, but simply says [vss. 4,6] that Jesus and the saints reigned “a thousand years”. The location of this 1,000 reign is nowhere stated to be “upon the earth” in these, or any passages of scripture [KJB].

Revelation 20:1 refers to Jesus coming “down” from Heaven but not touching the sin polluted earth, which connects to 1 Thessalonians 4:16 in its “descend from Heaven”. Revelation 20:6 speaks of the “first resurrection”, which is connected to 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, in its “the dead in Christ shall rise first” and “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”, which ties into John 14:1-4. One should very carefully look for themselves. It also is very clearly written that “satan” himself was not reigning during this “thousand years”, but is “bound” and “shut … up” with a “seal” placed “upon him”.

The phrase “the day of the Lord” [Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8; Jeremiah 46:10; Lamentations 2:22; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31, 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 1:15; Zephaniah 1:7,8,14,18, 2:2,3; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi 4:5; Acts 2:20; 1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 1:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10], is a direct reference to the “thousand years” [Revelation 20:2,3,4,5,6,7, see also Isaiah 24:22, “many days”], which is the final “day”, the 7th day – the great Sabbath, of the great week “with the Lord” [2 Peter 3:8].

The second Advent of Jesus Christ, wherein the “saints” are “caught up together … in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air” [1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:1-6] is but the beginning of the “thousand years” or “the day of the Lord”, while the third Advent of Jesus Christ [Zechariah 14:1-21; Revelation 20:7-10] is the ending of the “thousand years” or “the day of the Lord”, after which the finally impenitent shall be utterly destroyed in the second death, and finally the “New Heavens” and the “New Earth” are recreated [Isaiah 65:17, 66:22; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1] which the “meek shall inherit”.

Revelation 19-22, is parallel to Isaiah 24, and so also connected to Leviticus 16:1-34, 23:26-32 .

The location of this “reign” of Jesus and the saints, for “a thousand years” is never said to be on the plague wracked, utterly sin polluted and totally cursed and devastated “earth”, wherein even the upper heaven [atmosphere] is burned away by the second Advent [Genesis 3:17, 5:29, 8:21; Isaiah 34:4; 2 Peter 3:10-12; Revelation 6:14; 11:19, 15:1,6,8, 16:9,17-21, 18:4,8 21:9, 22:18]. So likewise for the passages of “Isaiah 2, 11, 65; Amos 9; Zechariah 14”. Read prayerfully and carefully for oneself. Where then is the “thousand year” reign of Jesus and the saints to be? It is to be in Heaven, the “third” [2 Corinthians 12:2].

Notice Isaiah 2:4 in which it speaks of, “... they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” That is the earth “made new”, wherein it is said in Revelation 21:4, “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” The earth is not “made new” until after the 1,000 years, not before.

Notice Isaiah 11:4-10, in which the complete destruction of the wicked takes place first (as in Revelation 20:9-10, 11-15), and then follows the statements about the New Heaven and New Earth, which comes after the 1,000 years, see Isaiah 11:9, “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” See Isaiah 11:6-8 and compare to Isaiah 65:20-25, 66:22-23. See that Isaiah 66:16 and its events, the destruction of the wicked in entirety, come before those other events, which take place in the earth “made new”.

Notice Amos 9:14-15 in which the events, “... they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them.”, and of the planting and building are in the earth “made new”, after the events of the destruction of the wicked in Amos 9:8, which does not take place until after the 1,000 years as Isaiah 24 and Revelation 20 (and other places) show.

Notice Zechariah 14 carefully, and see that this is not referring to the Second Advent (the beginning of the 1,000 years), wherein the “saints” are “caught up” to “meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thessalonians 4:17), as also John 14:3 says, “... I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”, but refers to the Third Advent, wherein the Lord Jesus comes “down” and touches the sin polluted earth, along with the saints and New Jerusalem on the Mount of Olives, as in Revelation 20, at the ending of the 1,000 years, and thus metes out judgment, executing all the wicked, and recreating the heavens and earth. See Zechariah 14:12-13,21 in connection to Revelation 20:9-10,11-15.

The “reign upon the earth” comes after 1,000 years [Revelation 20:2,3,4,5,6,7], for the “saints” must be both resurrected and/or translated, glorified, and brought back to Heaven [John 14:1-4; 1 Thessalonians 4:17, etc] at the Second Advent and First Great Resurrection, to “reign” in Heaven, for 1,000 years [Revelation 20:4,5a,6] going over the record books of the lost [1 Corinthians 6:2,3; Psalms 149:1-9]:

[1] The “thousand years” reign “in Heaven” [Psalms 50:5; Matthew 5:3,8,10,12, 6:20, 13:30, 24:31; Mark 10:21, 13:27; Luke 6:23, 18:22, 23:43; John 14:2-3, 17:24; Colossians 1:5; Hebrews 10:34; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 7:9, 14:3, 19:1; “Paradise”, Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4; Revelation 2:7] with Christ Jesus [1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:6] and​

[2] The “reign on earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth; 2 Peter 3:13; Isaiah 65:17, 66:22; Revelation 21:1] that lasts “forever and ever” [Revelation 5:10; “meek inherit earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth], Psalms 37:9,11,34; Proverbs 11:31; Isaiah 25:8, 65:21; Daniel 7:27; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 5:10].​

As for the word "bottomless pit", as found in the GNT TR of Revelation 9:1,2,11, 11:7, 17:8, 20:1, it is the Koine Greek "αβυσσου" [abussou, or abyssou], in GNT TR of Revelation 20:3, it is again "αβυσσον" [abusson, or abysson], which in the transliterated English is the word "abyss", which according to the first use in Genesis, means the "deep", being in "darkness", and "without form and void [empty of/having no life]", thus is associated with a dark chaotic wilderness/desert [water or earth], symbolic of death/no life.

All texts will be given upon request, and in some instances without request.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
and just prior to the creation of an entirely new cosmos.
True.

People will live longer lives during Christ's 1,000 years, but they won't be immortal.
Incorrect. You are in error, and carry the 'bible students' strain of spiritual illness.

Isa 65:20 . .Never again will there be in Jerusalem an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years. He who dies at a
hundred will be thought a mere youth. He who fails to reach a hundred will
be considered accursed.
The translation is a terrible one, as your 'translation adds the words "in Jerusalem" which is not found in the Hebrew text:

Isaiah 65:20 לא־יהיה משׁם עוד עול ימים וזקן אשׁר לא־ימלא את־ימיו כי הנער בן־מאה שׁנה ימות והחוטא בן־מאה שׁנה יקלל׃​
Isaiah 65:20 lo-yih'yeh miSHäm ôd ûl yämiym w'zäqën ásher lo-y'maLë et-yämäyw Kiy haNaar Ben-mëäh shänäh yämût w'hachô†e Ben-mëäh shänäh y'quLäl​

vss 18-19, says:
Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.​
Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.​

These refer to the people, that make up the New Heavenly city, that comes down after the 1,000 years.

but none-the-less:

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.​

The text, in its context, is not speaking of the 1,000 years reign, but rather the eternal and everlasting reign on the earth made new.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.​

The phrase 'die an hundred years old' is not referring to physical death, but to transition from childhood to adulthood. It is saying that the person will still be counted a child even until 100 years (after they had been resurrected), and will be considered mature at 100. The phrase "the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed", is not stating that the sinner is alive. These things take place after the 1,000 years, and after all of the sinners are destroyed. The phrase is connected to Daniel 12:2, in that sinners, though long since destroyed remain accursed.

Isaiah 65:20 KJB - There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. [Context: Isaiah 65:17 KJB - For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.]​

Shall we not see how the text begins with:

"There shall be no more thence an infant of days", in comparison to the latter part of the text?, "the child shall die an hundred years old". These two together speak of a childhood that lasts 100 years, before becoming an adult.

The Bible [KJB] in several places speaks of "the days of thy youth", "days of his youth", "yet a youth", "but a youth" which ceases at manhood, for the "days of youth [as a child]" are not endless, but have a set time, for a period of growth [thus as Ecclesiastes says, a "time to die" [Ecclesiastes 3:2 KJB]], for instance:

Psalms 144:12 KJB - That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:​

In further context, we read:

Isaiah 65:22 KJB - They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.​

The children in the New Heavens and New Earth do not stay youth forever, but grow up, and thus the youth dies, is "passed away", ceases to be youth, and is now adult, thus the phrase of 'passing' into adulthood:

Malachi 4:2 KJB - But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.​

Paul says something similar:
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJB - When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.​
Ephesians 4:15 KJB - But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:​

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

"earthly things" pertains to venue. In other words: the kingdom of God,
about which Jesus spoke, will be set up on the Earth, with him as king,
sitting on David's throne and ruling the whole planet from Jerusalem

This is unfortunate for the average rank and file Jehovah's Witness because
they aren't spirit-born in this life, nor do they expect to be in the next; yet
they sincerely hope to be live in the kingdom some day. They are taught
that only folk destined for Heaven need to be spirit-born whereas people
destined for the Earth are exempt.

It is both tragic and ironic that rank and file Witnesses go door to door all
over the globe advertising a kingdom that they themselves will not be
allowed to enter.
_
thanks! i'll keep that in mind if i'm on a JW discussion group :)

Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
(John 3:3-4)

does Nicodemus answer as though this is an earthly thing Christ is telling him?
and does Christ reply as though Nicodemus has understood, or as though he has not?

Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?"
(John 3:9-12)

notice the "if" there?
it raises a question. has Christ told the teacher of Israel heavenly things, or earthly things?

in pursuit of that answer, we ought to ask, what kind of things does Christ typically say?

The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(John 6:63)
just something ((other than cults)) to think about.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I am positive that you have a clue what you're talking about. Reading a post of yours is like a lesson in higher mathematics and physics.

All that I know about quantum mechanics is what I have seen on the old TV show Quantum Leap.

I read a novel by Michael Crichton called Timeline years ago, which was about time travel from the present to the middle ages. It delve into quantum mechanics a little bit but being uneducated in this field it was hard to ascertain the veracity of the subject matter.

The main obstacle in this type of transport was a phenomenon called 'transcription error'. Seems a device breaks a body (and all clothing) down into a digital electronic signal and then that signal is transmitted through time to the destination and then reassembled. The same process happens again on the return trip to the site of origin. The problem is that the reformulation was not exact and the atoms could not be precisely realigned. If you traveled enough times you eventually would not be able to function anymore due to being disjointed in every part of your body. You would also go insane but that's the price of progress I guess.

I am surmising that the Star Trek transporter utilized quantum mechanics too. I guess the 'transcription error' problem was resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Have you heard of the uncertainty principle?

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
The translation is a terrible one, as your 'translation adds the words "in
Jerusalem" which is not found in the Hebrew text:

Antecedents can be defined as pronouns that refer to a specific noun. For
example:

The ships finally came into view; they loomed larger and larger on the horizon.

The pronoun "they" refers to the ships coming into view.

Antecedents are interchangeable with the nouns they represent, viz: it's just
as correct to say "in Jerusalem" as it is to say "in it" because verses 19 and
20 of the sixty-fifth chapter of Isaiah are both talking about the same city.

In my judicious estimation-- which can be taken with a grain of salt, so to
speak --someone with your limited knowledge of English grammar probably
shouldn't be teaching the Bible to English-speaking people. Just saying.
_

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No, Jesus did not walk "through crowds of men ... like they were vapor".
Yes what I said was conjecture

His guardian angels (Gabriel and 'Herald') were always with Him. They removed him safely from and through the crowds, blinding the eyes of those seeking to destroy him (as it was in the days of Lot), hiding Him from their sight
What you said here is also completely conjecture.

I do think my conjecture is much more strongly supported by the scripture than your conjecture.

S

Scribe

What will we eat in Heaven (also New Heaven and New Earth) - according to scripture?
I am not going to read all three pages of responses to see if anyone has already posted this; but another answer besides Passover, is Fruit.
Rev 22:1-2 1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We will not eat or drink for we will have a glorified body that does not need physical sustenance to survive, but is a spiritual body and will live forever along with our soul.

God breathed in to Adam the breath of life, and he became a living soul, so the soul lives on forever.

Angels do not need to eat or drink and neither do the saints.

God lives forever and does not need to eat or drink, so neither do His children.

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
After Jesus rose from the dead He ate with the Apostles. Jesus has both a physical and spiritual body and so will we. Physical sustenance may not required to survive but rather for enjoyment and well as for fellowship.

S

Scribe

After Jesus rose from the dead He ate with the Apostles. Jesus has both a physical and spiritual body and so will we. Physical sustenance may not required to survive but rather for enjoyment and well as for fellowship.
Yes, and angels did eat on more than one story in the OT so there is that. And there is the reference to Jesus eating with his disciples in the kingdom of God, and drinking of the fruit of the vine, and this really cannot be spiritualized because he was specifically referring to the physical when he said it. So, there is the interpretation that he was talking about the 1000 year reign. After the New Earth we have reference to fruit. We can say that Rev 22 is symbolic and not to be taken literal and that the fruit is going to be something different in the heavenly reality when it gets hear, and I am ok with that but I also see a suggestion here that is meant to give us an expectation of something we will NEED.
In other words, whatever this Fruit, and Leaves from the trees are in the heavenly reality this teaches us that even in our glorified state we will always be DEPENDENT on the Creator and will be finite creatures who must rely on the PROVIDER for our health and happiness.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
I'm hoping for chicken wings.
What is truly amazing, is that I ask a serious question, for real Bible study, about the things of Heaven and of the future New Heaven/Earth, and what do I get from many who call themselves sober-minded "christians"? They want to discuss imaginary things, things of their own carnal desire, and the things of this present fallen earth. It really goes to show what is upon the hearts, as out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, and out of the heart are the issues of life.

The Bible has so many wonderful things to say about the future hope, and yet, where are the minds and desires of those who presently call themselves "christian"?