WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( " LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL" )

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( " LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Please give scriptures so that we dont just throw words, I would like to read them and understand why as well
There exists a problem with your question. We don't know. It's impossible to know without divine revelation, and God hasn't given it.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( " LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

He hasn't yet. he is still there accusing the brethren. He gets kicked out in the middle of the trib.

The only thing I would add is that I think it is at the beginning of the 3-1/2 years...

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( " LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

God granted him access for that short time.

????

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( " LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Good stuff Pastac! That said, beyond what the Bible implies about his Fall, we're not told the details. I think Christendom sometimes borrows too much from Paradise Lost and The Divine Comedy for these topics.

Sometimes? The Divine Comedy is the source of modern teaching for an everburning hell.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( " LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
(Rev 12:9)

Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!"
(Rev 12:12)

Key words here ladies and gents is (WAS) and (were)<--------which are past tense!

Two points to ponder.....

1. Eve was tempted in the Garden which means the tempter had to already be here in his fallen form...
2. Every thing that God made is called good specifically except the HEAVENS<-----The (prince of the power of the air) was already here!
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Luke 10:17-20 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” [SUP]18 [/SUP]And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”

Must have happened about this time or before.

Does anyone want to show me in Greek how Jesus is not saying what is written in the NASB?
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

I don't know Greek but that passage renders the same description in the many translations I've cross-checked.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

So is He not saying that he was watching Satan fall. I read this as it happened at that time or previously. I don't see why we are discussing that it has not happened yet.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Does anyone want to show me in Greek how Jesus is not saying what is written in the NASB?

Actually, NASB is closer to the original than the King Jim which I use......one Greek text I have states...

And he said to them...I beheld Satan as lightning out of heaven fall.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

So is He not saying that he was watching Satan fall. I read this as it happened at that time or previously. I don't see why we are discussing that it has not happened yet.

I think the passage concerning Satan's fall is the description of his change from righteous Lucifer to evil Satan. I don't think it particularly describes him being barred from coming before God as the passages in Job show.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

So we have isolated the fall to the first 4200 years....progress!
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

So we have isolated the fall to the first 4200 years....progress!

Unless of course, you think Satan fell before Eden. But I believe that Revelation does describe when Satan was cast out of heaven. So we can limit it to the life time (physical) of Jesus.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Is that why he carried on a conversation with God and seemed to have free access in the book of Job?

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
(Job 1:6)

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the LORD.
(Job 2:1)

So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and struck Job with loathsome sores from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
(Job 2:7)

Job 42... therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
Job 42:4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.


Crossy by Jobs OWN admittance he says he talked noncense... That is why HE ABORED ALL HE SAID..... Satan CANNOT be with God in heaven.... Proof.... God asks Bookends.... WHAT FELLOWSHIP HAVE THE RIGHTEOUS WIT HTHE UNRIGHTEOUSS? Bookends have to answer NONE!!!! So JOb did NOT know what he was talking about! God and satan does not have tea-parties to discuss what they will or will not llow as a team! That is what Job says in Job 1. but in Job 42 he admits HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE TALKED ABOUT THAT IS WHY HE ABHORE (withdrew ALL HE SAID)

So Crosnote get it out of your head that satan can get to the heaven God is in. Oh satan is in a heaven now, but it has to be this FIRST HEAVEN where we fight him and all his evil spirits in the air... Earth and atmosphere where the birds fly is FIRST heaven. And they will even be tossed from that heaven as well.... satan and evil angels were cast from third heaven LONG AGO... Tintin is closer to the Truth...
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

2 Peter 2:4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment.

You asked for scripture to back up. There is no specific date, day, years time, in the bible. But the fact Lucifer then was called, was kicked out of heaven Purely because of his sin against God. Satan was teh name given to him while he is here roaming the earth. So technically, Satan wasn't kicked out, But Lucifer then was called who was named Satan after the kicking out of Heaven. I think the OP is trying to catch you people out.

Aint it funny how Satan does the same? Watch how Satan catches you all out, He knows the bible more than anyone on earth, so he will twist things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

I think the passage concerning Satan's fall is the description of his change from righteous Lucifer to evil Satan. I don't think it particularly describes him being barred from coming before God as the passages in Job show.

I see some of this in the fall....it seems quite evident that his heavenly form (Lucifer) is quite different than his fallen form of the dragon/serpent/Satan........A study through the bible of the seed of the serpent as it comes to fruition is a good study and gives a lot of insight into his transformation into the beast that (ascends) out of the pit at the end of the age!
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Unless of course, you think Satan fell before Eden. But I believe that Revelation does describe when Satan was cast out of heaven. So we can limit it to the life time (physical) of Jesus.

Two points to ponder.....

1. Eve was tempted in the Garden which means the tempter had to already be here in his fallen form...
2. Every thing that God made is called good specifically except the HEAVENS<-----The (prince of the power of the air) was already here!
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Rev 12:7-9 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Two points to ponder.....

1. Eve was tempted in the Garden which means the tempter had to already be here in his fallen form...
2. Every thing that God made is called good specifically except the HEAVENS<-----The (prince of the power of the air) was already here!

Hi mate. Where does it say the Heavens were not good?
 
Re: WHEN DID SATAN GET KICKED OUT OF HEAVEN ???? ( &quot; LET'S GET SCRIPTURAL

Hi mate. Where does it say the Heavens were not good?
you beat me, I was going to ask the same thing LOL.