Which of the laws?
Do you suppose God now approves if you move the marker of your neighbor's land to favor your own?
Do you suppose God no longer asks thet we return our enemy's property should we come across it lost?
Does Jesus teach us to require an eye for an eye?
Is murder now acceptable behavior?
Are the dietary laws still to be observed?
Is the Seventh Day numbered by God now to be observed on the first day as per a pope?
Is Jesus now our High Priest rendering the Levitical priesthood ordinaces invalid?
Have all here actually understood what Jesus teaches as concerning how the law is not obsolet, but the curse of the law is?
Are all the popel, self-proclaimed lawyers, who say the law is dead certain they have studied and know the wWord well enough to determine wehat our Hevenly Fahter considers faithful and tru behavior under grace?
Why keep asking about the law when you have not studied the law and how Jesus taches us its evolution?
It is written in the law love they neighbor and to love God with all heart, soul and mind, and all of the law depends and is within these two laws, but this is not denying the law is yet extant, it is saying the law is obeyed in the sight of God when we truly love. If it iw there it still is in force. What is not in force is the death it renders to all law-breaker who do not recognize the mercy free for any who believe Jesus Christ.
Stop questionin God's wisdom and learn from Him, as He has commanded.....
You'll find there's strong delusion throughout the BDF.
I hope not. That is not repentance.. Nor is it what God asked..
Those that can't see it are on the inside looking out.Don't be so hard on yourself. Perhaps you're just confused.![]()
What was the sin of the Galatians?
Which of the laws?
Do you suppose God now approves if you move the marker of your neighbor's land to favor your own?
Do you suppose God no longer asks thet we return our enemy's property should we come across it lost?
Does Jesus teach us to require an eye for an eye?
Is murder now acceptable behavior?
Are the dietary laws still to be observed?
Is the Seventh Day numbered by God now to be observed on the first day as per a pope?
Is Jesus now our High Priest rendering the Levitical priesthood ordinaces invalid?
Have all here actually understood what Jesus teaches as concerning how the law is not obsolet, but the curse of the law is?
Are all the popel, self-proclaimed lawyers, who say the law is dead certain they have studied and know the wWord well enough to determine wehat our Hevenly Fahter considers faithful and tru behavior under grace?
Why keep asking about the law when you have not studied the law and how Jesus taches us its evolution?
It is written in the law love they neighbor and to love God with all heart, soul and mind, and all of the law depends and is within these two laws, but this is not denying the law is yet extant, it is saying the law is obeyed in the sight of God when we truly love. If it iw there it still is in force. What is not in force is the death it renders to all law-breaker who do not recognize the mercy free for any who believe Jesus Christ.
Stop questionin God's wisdom and learn from Him, as He has commanded.....
In my view, sin is the act of walking off the straight line and making our own path
The second we take our eyes of God, we are in sin, Whether we commit a sinfgul act or not. we have at that moment made ourself God.. and took control of our own lives.
That (if not put in check) can and will lead to overt acts of sin..
Where as if we keep our eye on the prise of the high calling (seek the things of the spirit) we will not even be tempted to sin.
This is what I can't understand too. I wonder how people can't see that He begins to make us obedient to the law through the Holy Spirit's work. If His law was now of no account, why would He make me to be obedient to it through faith and love? Why would the Spirit go through such teachings for me about what murder truly was and what self love truly was, unless He didn't want these things in me and in control of me?
I hope not. That is not repentance.. Nor is it what God asked..
Are you obedient through the law or through love.
Again, I take you and JJ to galations 3. What was the purpose of the law.
And one time, God sent me to a hospital to talk to a lady who was dying and the words He gave me were: all you have to do is close your eyes, go to God, and tell Him you're so sorry for ignoring Him and not caring what He thought.
The summary words sound great, walk the straight path, Amen, walking another path is wrong.
But what is the straight path, how do you define it? How are you aware where you are on the path?
Keeping your eyes on God, what is this? What is taking your eyes of God?
On your point about temptation, it is always present, no matter where you walk, because being
aware of good and evil, makes temptation always a possibility.
Dwelling in Christ for me, is not rules based but heart based. It is letting God point out issues
in your life, by listening to your conscience, reading His word, finding the place of peace with
Him. Fellowship, praise, are all part of this process. I am very much involved, and it is not
a question of my will or Gods will, but my submission through choice to Gods will.
So when I am wrong in an approach or attitude I will work through it, look with Christ at my
attitude, my heart, and to get insight into His view of everything. It gets more subtle as I
get older and I have to be more cautious, and loving to find His way through. One path?
I think there is a way of love, but many ways of expressing it, which the Lord wishes we
learn and explore. So rather than conformity, in love their is infinite diversity, which is its
beauty, knowing out of every action new things can grow. Does a parent limit their childs
celebration of art, or that within the constraints of the medium they express who they are.
May Christ be forever glorified in His love for a broken world which He is making healed and
whole through His people.
I don't know how to answer that. I just suddenly saw that what I was reading was the truth and horror overcame me immediately. And I couldn't stand and I fell to the floor in a shattered heap and I couldn't even stand and get a tissue. And all I could keep sobbing over and over was: I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I'm so sorry.
I didn't lay there and say, forgive me of this sin and that sin and this sin. The thing that horrified me and broke my heart is that I hadn't known or seen He existed and so had just ignored any thought of Him all my life. And mixed in with the horror was a growing...relief? that...I wasn't alone in the world as I had thought and that maybe there was a purpose for my existing and that I had found it maybe...
I hope not. That is not repentance.. Nor is it what God asked..
"That is not repentance" - this is the strangest statement I have ever read, from
someone claiming to follow Christ.
It demonstrates the total gulf in emotional experience and walk with the Lord.
It is not something you can bridge, it is not an opinion, it is how the Kingdom is
established in peoples lives, and giving up of an individual to walk alone their way,
and submitting to who Christ is today in the here and now.
And to say this is not repentance, is to dismiss everything Jesus came to bring
to a sinful world. But it is also what I have been testifying to for over a year
with different people and their attitude towards the Lord.
There is no compromise with sin in the Lords eyes, or passing over unrepentant
sin in the believer.
I think if you read my post more carefully you will see that I answered that.