When Users Who Use Pictures... Of More Beautiful People.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I don't care if it's some google stock photo that's far away where you can't really see the model's face, but it does bother me when someone is subtly (or blatantly) leading people to believe that the model in their photo is them. Either use your own photo, or use a photo that's obviously not you.

Catfishing is lame. Once when I was 16 someone catfished me. Being the very immature teenager I was, I decided to get revenge. The genius used the same email address and username everywhere so I tracked him down on a different website and catfished him back. He was all sorry and heartbroken when I finally let him in on who I was. Then he said "ok HERE are my REAL pics"...

nope. Not real. Found out it was actually a girl who was using the pictures of someone she actually knew in real life. So I did some Facebook stalking, found the true owner of the photos, and told him that his photos were being used falsely online. He was infuriated and the girl who had been deceiving me and so many others was humiliated, especially because she had to face this guy in her everyday life.

hey, I know this was not the mature, Christian response to being deceived. But I was young. I know better now. I'm better at spotting online deception and I'm also far better at shrugging it off and moving on when it does happen.

However, I will never deny that AT THE TIME, the revenge felt very sweet.

I really think you did the right thing there, sister. Your boundaries were trodden on and you took action to reclaim them and put things right. Well done. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Been a minute since I've been here, but thought I'd add my thoughts. I think that it's completely dishonest to misrepresent yourself in your avatar pic. There's entirely too much dishonesty in this world...there's no excuse for more.

In other news, I have been in a long-term relationship that has just, rather publicly, ended. Though I will need time to heal, you may rest assured that I will not misrepresent myself when I go back into the dating world.
 
It would be a red flag for me. It is a form of dishonesty unless they are using an obvious one like a cartoon character or their dog LOL If you misrepresent your image how am I supposed to believe the rest of what you post?
 
Been a minute since I've been here, but thought I'd add my thoughts. I think that it's completely dishonest to misrepresent yourself in your avatar pic. There's entirely too much dishonesty in this world...there's no excuse for more.

In other news, I have been in a long-term relationship that has just, rather publicly, ended. Though I will need time to heal, you may rest assured that I will not misrepresent myself when I go back into the dating world.

The only thing that shocked me... was when I heard you had 6 kids.

Somehow, I don't believe it. :rolleyes:
 
It would be a red flag for me. It is a form of dishonesty unless they are using an obvious one like a cartoon character or their dog LOL If you misrepresent your image how am I supposed to believe the rest of what you post?
I agree. Which is why I must confess... I'm really a cartoon character in real life..

tumblr_mrldo1xV3m1s1husao1_500.gif


02-cat-guilty-face-gif.gif
 
I am a first generation artificial intelligence. I was programmed on an abacus. It's not really accurate to call my programming "intelligence", but that's the name I was given by the cheeto-dust-fingered nerd herd that wrote me.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME? HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS?
 
I am a first generation artificial intelligence. I was programmed on an abacus. It's not really accurate to call my programming "intelligence", but that's the name I was given by the cheeto-dust-fingered nerd herd that wrote me.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME? HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS?


Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War.
 
Been a minute since I've been here, but thought I'd add my thoughts. I think that it's completely dishonest to misrepresent yourself in your avatar pic. There's entirely too much dishonesty in this world...there's no excuse for more.

In other news, I have been in a long-term relationship that has just, rather publicly, ended. Though I will need time to heal, you may rest assured that I will not misrepresent myself when I go back into the dating world.


Well, well, well, lookie who I found. Isn't this interesting? You move fast don't ya slick. Anniston warned me, but nooo, I was all like, oh we'll be fine, he likes kid's, I like kid's, he doesn't mind my odd relationship that I have with my Brother. Remember this picture? Oh that's right, you were hanging out at Euro Disney with George that day. Hey let's not see if the ole ball and chain and the kid's want to go, just me Georgie and the entire cast of ER!!

Ladie's listen to me, this guy has more baggage than JFK Airport. Don't trust him.
 
Getting relationship advice from Angelina Jolie makes as much sense as going to McDonald's for a salad or going to a hooker for a hug.