M
Wow this is my kind of girl ...hahaI don't care if it's some google stock photo that's far away where you can't really see the model's face, but it does bother me when someone is subtly (or blatantly) leading people to believe that the model in their photo is them. Either use your own photo, or use a photo that's obviously not you.
Catfishing is lame. Once when I was 16 someone catfished me. Being the very immature teenager I was, I decided to get revenge. The genius used the same email address and username everywhere so I tracked him down on a different website and catfished him back. He was all sorry and heartbroken when I finally let him in on who I was. Then he said "ok HERE are my REAL pics"...
nope. Not real. Found out it was actually a girl who was using the pictures of someone she actually knew in real life. So I did some Facebook stalking, found the true owner of the photos, and told him that his photos were being used falsely online. He was infuriated and the girl who had been deceiving me and so many others was humiliated, especially because she had to face this guy in her everyday life.
hey, I know this was not the mature, Christian response to being deceived. But I was young. I know better now. I'm better at spotting online deception and I'm also far better at shrugging it off and moving on when it does happen.
However, I will never deny that AT THE TIME, the revenge felt very sweet.
Wow this is my kind of girl ...haha
Wait ! r you a guy or a girl?
I beg to differ you are looking at the cover of GQ to your left <--------------
The motive may have been wrong, but that's hilarious!I don't care if it's some google stock photo that's far away where you can't really see the model's face, but it does bother me when someone is subtly (or blatantly) leading people to believe that the model in their photo is them. Either use your own photo, or use a photo that's obviously not you.
Catfishing is lame. Once when I was 16 someone catfished me. Being the very immature teenager I was, I decided to get revenge. The genius used the same email address and username everywhere so I tracked him down on a different website and catfished him back. He was all sorry and heartbroken when I finally let him in on who I was. Then he said "ok HERE are my REAL pics"...
nope. Not real. Found out it was actually a girl who was using the pictures of someone she actually knew in real life. So I did some Facebook stalking, found the true owner of the photos, and told him that his photos were being used falsely online. He was infuriated and the girl who had been deceiving me and so many others was humiliated, especially because she had to face this guy in her everyday life.
hey, I know this was not the mature, Christian response to being deceived. But I was young. I know better now. I'm better at spotting online deception and I'm also far better at shrugging it off and moving on when it does happen.
However, I will never deny that AT THE TIME, the revenge felt very sweet.
.Yes, clearly fake...
The motive may have been wrong, but that's hilarious!
I personally think it's a good idea to track down the original owners of the photos and make them aware of it, though, if possible.
Yup! I do hope no one thinks I'm approving of this sort of behavior now lol. If I could do it all over again I would have just let it go. If it happened to me now I'd just let it go. But it's a reflection of the person I was at the time and it does make me laugh when I think back on it. It makes for a decent story too I guess haha
I'm not sure what the best answer would have been in this situation, but it's my personal opinion that I wish more catfish would be caught, and as often as possible, because without consequences that really affect their own lives, they're just going to keep right on doing it.
good point. I do think I did the right thing in telling the real owner of the pictures what had happened. But the part about me seeking revenge and trying to catfish him back is what I'm calling immature.![]()
a couple of years ago, i started talking to someone on a certain website. our friendship moved from emailing to texts to phone calls. he said he was in the military, and shortly after we started communicating, he was moved to another country. we kept up with the friendship as much as we could. we never really said we liked each other but it was obvious lol. we agreed to meet up after he returned to the states.
2 months before his supposed return, he stopped communicating with me. i haven't heard from him since.
idk if that is considered me being catfished. lol oh well!
Catfish? Ick. Y'all can have my portion. Enjoy all of that muddy garbage you want.
LOL yea, but maybe these are grass-fed organic catfish?![]()
I don't think people should use other people in their avatars unless it is really obvious they are other people.
Not sure I have too many other opinions as I never use a picture as myself for an avatar anywhere outside work related web sites.
Speed dating sounds kinda fun to me. I mean, you'd meet a lot of people but without any obligation to see them again if you weren't interested in them.![]()