Where do pastors stand on 'mild drinks' like beer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 27, 2024
If it's just for Aron and his sons, why does it say "it is a permanent statute throughout your generations?"
The "tent of meeting" represents the Church. This is instruction to all of us, for when we attend Church.
Becoming divisive in your rhetoric doesn't honor God.

May 22, 2024
If it's just for Aron and his sons, why does it say "it is a permanent statute throughout your generations?"
The "tent of meeting" represents the Church. This is instruction to all of us, for when we attend Church.
Becoming divisive in your rhetoric doesn't honor God.
Read the context.
Everything you do not understand a bible passage read what it is saying g before and after that verse.

Lev 10:8 Then the Lord said to Aaron, 9 “You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the tent of meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, 10 so that you can distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean, 11 and so you can teach the Israelites all the decrees the Lord has given them through Moses.”

God is still speaking through Moses to Aaron and to his sons, Tel.ing them and those who will follow them not to drink when serving in the temple.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
My question is why does any Christian (or anyone else) want to drink beer?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'll admit I haven't traveled much, but I've never seen any pastor standing on mild drinks. Perhaps a few have climbed up on kegs or wine vats... probably while in the process of brewing their own. :cool:

Apr 27, 2024
What's so wrong with agape feasts? or love feasts? that is a ridicule over the remembering the sabbath. that is when we feast, us true believers... who remember the sabbath and keep it holy. those that don't keep the sabbath cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

Apr 27, 2024
Christmas rules are you get coal for Christmas if you are a bad little boy or girl.
I know for fact, I had read in the Quran that Allah will not permit any alcoholic to marry. It was very clear. However now, going back trying to find it is impossible. I think having many different translations has ruined the Quran.

Or perhaps maybe it was a revelation for me specifically. I have been single for 20+ years. About as long as I've been drinking.