Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
-

People's words are not taken lightly in heaven.

Matt 12:35-37 . . I say to you: that every careless word that men shall speak, they
shall render account for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you shall be
justified, and by your words you shall be condemned.

BTW: Your comment insinuates that Teresa was a person of marginal integrity who could not
be trusted to tell the truth about herself.

/

We can say the same about most people. In my opinion we've all fallen short at one time or another.

Sep 16, 2014
We can know for sure Mother Teresa is in the Grave like everyone else.

WebersHome

Dec 9, 2014
-
John 5:24 . . Amen, amen, I say to you: whoever hears my word, and
believes in the one who sent me, has eternal life and will not come to
condemnation, but has passed from death to life.

Seeing as how Teresa seriously doubted the existence of a God, then she
failed to "believe in the one who sent me". That being the case, then
according to Christ's testimony-- as an expert witness in all matters
pertaining to Christianity --Teresa does not have eternal life, and she will be
condemned at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 where
her works as a missionary will not be used as evidence on her behalf, but
actually as evidence in the prosecution's case against her. Why? Because
here works were not done in faith.

Ironically, a demon's level of faith is actually superior to Teresa's. At least
they believe in the existence of God.

Jas 2:19-20 . . You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the
demons believe-- and tremble!

I simply cannot approve a missionary whose iffy belief in the existence of
God doesn't even measure up to the quality of a demon's belief.

Matt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master, have we
not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in
thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them: I
never knew you. Depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Christ's statement doesn't target Atheists, nor Hindus, nor Buddhists, nor
Muslims. No, it targets people professing to have prophesied in "thy name"
and to have exorcised demons in "thy name" and to have done many
wonderful works in "thy name". In other words: the Lord's statement targets
Christians-- and not just your average rank and file pew warmers either,
rather, it targets the cream of the crop; the celebrities of the Christian
world; renowned for their accomplishments, their piety, their perseverance,
their love, and their dedication.

For example: Christians who prayed up a storm, published books, pioneered
churches, seminaries and Christian schools, chaired Sunday school classes,
pounded pulpits, sang in the choir, championed civil rights, traveled the
world, spoke to crowds, won accolades, were canonized to sainthood, and
operated hostels and orphanages in impoverished cities.

It is to many of those kinds of Christian superstars that the Lord will say "I
never knew you." Why? Because though they were busy as bees, ants, and
termites in Christian service capacities; they were in it for themselves rather
than in it for Christ. In other words: they were ambitious instead of
obedient.

How do I know that Teresa was disobedient? That's easy. When people are
compliant with Christ's wishes, he keeps them company.

John 14:18 . . I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

John 14:23 . . Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love
him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Did Jesus and his Father make their dwelling with Teresa and express their
love for her in ways she could understand? That poor woman endured
virtually five decades yearning for even the slightest glimmer of their
presence.

Had Teresa's spiritual counselors been on the ball they would have
immediately suggested that maybe it wasn't God's will for her to be in India
and that's why He and Christ were avoiding her. In other words: their absence
was a "dew on the fleece" that Teresa had parted company with them
somewhere back down the line at a critical point in her spiritual journey

/

BigEd

Aug 12, 2016
I don't understand the confusion, one who believes from the heart in the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and receives the indwelling of His Holy Spirit goes to heaven. Those who do not do not. Easy enough for a child to understand.

Sac49

Jun 26, 2016
Umm...she's dead? Seems like the only answer to her status we can be sure of. All else is speculation.
I think this is the most honest answer. And i might add that instead of worrying where she is we should check ourselves and make sure we are right with God. Yes it saddens me that she had these issues but i best take a better look at myself before i even start to question someone elses faith.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

It's all to easy for us to cast a judgmental eye towards others without first turning it upon ourselves. We've all got our issues, and while some folks do a good job of masking or hiding them, either out of shame or because they cling to a reputation of having it all together, there are others who are more honest with themselves and with others.

Given what Mother Teresa of Calcutta saw during her time, I am not the least bit surprised that with all the disease and suffering that she experienced herself and through those she helped, that she had some lingering doubts about her faith. Can any of us say that our faith is unshakable as a rock? We can read MT's letters after her death, but not a single one of us knows exactly what was in her heart or mind while she wrote them. We can speculate and put forth our own ideas, but none of us really knows.

A

AuntieAnt

The Pharisee and the Publican

publican pharisee.jpg

Feb 26, 2015
The real issue is the teachings of the Catholic Church. They do not teach one can know for certain they will enter into Heaven.

IF you have been Baptized and IF you Pray the Rosary to Mary and IF you do enough "Good Works" and IF you can work off the stain of your sins in Purgatory, you might be allowed to enter into Heaven.

The Catholics have absolutely no assurance that they can ever enter into Heaven.

Where as we True Children of God can know for absolutely we WILL enter into Heaven!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
TRIGGER WARNING: If you are squeamish about deformities, don't like ugly things, please do NOT read! (And I am not posting this to get any sympathy for me. I am just fine, most days, in my feet. I know my limitations and abide by them, that's just my life)

Not sure if this is relevant, but I do not want to start a new thread. I saw this picture on FB, with the following commentary.

14191902_10153625523411371_6711973459893659895_n.jpg

Today folks around the world celebrated Mother Teresa, as she was officially recognized as a saint.

I will never forget her feet.

I noticed them when I worked in Calcutta with her and the sisters in the 1990s. Every morning we took off our shoes as we went into the chapel to pray. And hers were deformed. I wondered if she had contracted leprosy or something. But wasn't about to ask her about it. Then...

One of the nuns explained it to us. Her feet became deformed because there were just enough donated shoes for everyone to get a pair... not many extras. So Mother Teresa dug through the donations and took the worst pair of shoes for herself. And over the years, wearing the worst pair of shoes deformed her feet.

Her life confounds the values of our culture -- the materialism... the narcissism.

It does raise the question for us -- what would the world look like if we took this idea -- "love your neighbor as yourself" -- literally? What if we really did "honor the needs of others above our own" (Romans 12:10)?
Well and good, if it was true. Bad, even the worst shoes or no shoes do not cause this kind of deformity. How do I know? Well the one on the left side of the screen is identical to my left foot. Notice the bunion, 2nd toe crossed over the third. Nice to see mine aren't as wrinkly as MT's, but I guess another 20 years and I will be!

IMG_1869.jpg

Folks, this was NOT about her ministry to the poor. This was about having an auto-immune disease. And this is not to necessarily put down Mother Teresa. She may not have known she had either RA or Psoriatic Arthritis. If she is as stoic if they said she is, she may have just pushed through the pain. But I do not like the way she is being worshiped for taking the worst shoes. That does not make her a saint in the first place. I personally think it makes her a masochist. But not getting treatment for a disease, probably not her choice, she probably had no health care in India, although one would think the Catholic Church would have taken care of it, with all the money it has!

So, if you see this posted elsewhere, please point out that this is typical of either Rheumatoid Arthritis or Psoriatic Arthritis, not taking the worst shoes. I think a real cult has sprung up around MT. I bet she would not have liked that one bit. But her feet simply are deformed by an autoimmune disease. And even with meds, obviously it is very hard to stop these kinds of foot deformities.

PS I got my husband to look at the pics, and he agrees with me totally. As for my right foot, it has been reconstructed and actually hurts more than the deformed left one. But the deformities are different from hers, a bit, mine being much worse, which is why I went to the extreme of having the forefoot reconstructed in the first place.

WebersHome

Dec 9, 2014
-
1John 1:3 . .What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so
that you too may have fellowship with us; for our fellowship is with the
Father and with His son, Jesus Christ.

What does that tell you? Well; it tells me that Teresa was either untrained in
the apostle's proclamations, or figured she could get by without them
because her fellowship with the Father and with His son Jesus Christ was
zero.

"I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness &
emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

"this terrible sense of loss-- this untold darkness-- this loneliness, this
continual longing for God-- which gives me pain deep down in my heart--
Darkness is such that I really do not see neither with my mind nor with my
reason-- the place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me--
when the pain of longing is so great-- I just long & long for God-- and then it
is that I feel-- He does not want me-- He is not there-- God does not want
me-- Sometimes-- I just hear my own heart cry out-- "My God" and nothing
else comes-- the torture and pain I can't explain"

"The damned of Hell suffer eternal punishment because they experiment
with the loss of God. In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I
feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does not
really exist."

Towards the end of her life, Teresa began to worry that if there be God, he
might not like her, and might actually be quite inclined to condemn her.
What's wrong with that picture? Well; I'll tell you what's wrong.

According to the Holy Bible-- which Roman Catholicism holds in very high
regard --God has a supernatural way of assuring His own that He does in
fact exist and that they are not abandoned.

John 14:16-18 . . I will ask the Father, and He will give you another
Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot
accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him,
for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will
come to you.

Rom 8:16 . .The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are
children of God,

The Greek word for "bears witness" means to corroborate; which Webster's
defines as: to support with evidence.

It's possible to short circuit the corroboration process.

1Ths 5:19 . . Do not quench the Spirit.

How does one quench the Spirit? Well . . the better question is: How did the
most dedicated Catholic nun the twentieth century every produced manage
to quench Him? If the most pious role model in the modern Catholic world
could quench God's Spirit for virtually five decades, then where does that
leave John Q and Jane Doe pew warmer?

/

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I recently read this disturbing article about Mother Teresa:

Sadistic Religious Fanatic: Mother Teresa Was No Saint
September 2, 2016 by Michael Stone - ​Sadistic Religious Fanatic: Mother Teresa Was No Saint

Mother Teresa was a moral monster, a sadistic religious fanatic guilty of medical malpractice.
This Sunday, Pope Francis will canonize Mother Teresa as a saint, one of the highest honors in the Roman Catholic Church. Tens of thousands of people are expected to fill St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican to honor a woman who supposedly lived her life dedicated to the poorest of the poor.

However, Mother Teresa was no saint, she was instead a moral monster, a sadistic religious fanatic who took pleasure in the suffering of others, and denied appropriate medical care to the sick and dying.

Yet the Catholic propaganda machine, eager for good publicity and the opportunity to hustle the gullible, continues to promote the soon to be saint while ignoring evidence of her moral incompetence.

Teresa was anything but a saint. The nun may have been generous with her prayers, but she was miserly with her foundation’s millions when it came to alleviating the suffering of the sick and the poor.

The celebrated nun had 517 missions in 100 countries at the time of her death. Yet despite plenty of funds, the majority of patients were not cared for properly, many being left to suffer and die without appropriate medical care or pain medication.

Indeed, conditions in the the Missionaries of Charity’s hospices were deplorable. In fact, Teresa refused to introduce the most basic methods of hygiene, even going so far as to reuse needles without sterilization.

According to one study, doctors observed a significant lack of hygiene, even unfit conditions and a shortage of actual care, food and painkillers. They say that the problem was not a lack of funds because the Order of the Missionaries of Charity successfully raised hundreds of millions of dollars.

Perhaps worse that the medical malpractice, was Teresa’s perverse and sadistic ability to take pleasure in the suffering of others. The fact is, Teresa believed that suffering – even when caused by poverty, medical problems, or starvation – was a gift from God.

“I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people.”
– Mother Teresa

Yet despite serious questions about Teresa’s character, motivation, and methods, the Vatican, enabled by a gullible and willing mainstream media, has engaged in a well orchestrated public relations campaign to manufacture a Catholic hero.

The late, great Christopher Hitchens was one of the first to raise questions about the authenticity of claims made by the Roman Catholic Church promoting Mother Teresa. The following is an excerpt from Hitchens’ excellent critique, The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice:

Mother Teresa was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.

Many more people are poor and sick because of the life of Mother Teresa: Even more will be poor and sick if her example is followed. She was a fanatic, a fundamentalist, and a fraud, and a church that officially protects those who violate the innocent has given us another clear sign of where it truly stands on moral and ethical questions.

Hitchens was correct to call out the “profane marriage between tawdry media hype and medieval superstition” that is the myth of Mother Teresa, a media superstar who was in the end a fanatic, a fundamentalist, and a fraud.

Since Hitchen’s ground breaking work on the myth of Mother Teresa, other researchers have confirmed Hitchens’ findings, including Dr. Aroup Chatterjee, a London-based physician, and author of “Mother Teresa: The Untold Story,” which gives extensive evidence that the Missionaries of Charity ran inadequate facilities and often offered little comfort to those it was trying to help.

Dr. Chatterjee said he found a “cult of suffering” in homes run by Mother Teresa’s organization, with children tied to beds and little to comfort dying patients but aspirin.

In addition, Dr. Chatterjee confirms Teresa allowed practices like the reuse of hypodermic needles and tolerating primitive facilities that required patients to defecate in front of one another.

Yet when it came to her own death, Teresa refused to be treated in one of her own unsanitary facilities that glorified and promoted the suffering and pain of others. Researchers said that when it came to her own treatment, “she received it in a modern American hospital.” Apparently for Teresa suffering was beautiful only if it was someone else doing the suffering.

However, despite the facts, despite the hypocrisy, despite the cruelty, and despite the sadism, Mother Teresa will be made a saint, demonstrating once again that the Roman Catholic Church is a morally bankrupt institution bereft of both intellectual and ethical authority.

Bottom line: Mother Teresa was no saint, instead she was a moral monster, and a sadistic religious fanatic.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
For the love of a donkey, let the woman rest in peace!! YOU are the moral monsters, and the sadistic religious fanatics!!! SHE IS DEAD. And we should NOT speculate on where she is now. Only GOD knows where she is, and I'm pretty sure he's doing a facepalm right now over all this ridiculous speculation y'all are doing. :/ Mother Theresa is dead, that is an undisputed fact. We don't know where she went after death, so just accept that and let it go. God doesn't want us speculating on that. We have much more important things to worry about than the spiritual afterlife destination of MT.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
seeing as im not God, i can not answer that question

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
seeing as im not God, i can not answer that question
This.. ^ This reply right here should have been what ALL of you put as an answer to the question in the OP..

Vdp

Banned
Nov 18, 2015
Does it matter where Mother Teresa is right now?

What does matter is Mother Teresa Prayed to and Worshiped Mary as her God. This is all that matters. For by making Mary her god, at the best she will lose her Rewards in Heaven, at the worse she will spend Eternity in the Lake of Fire with Satan and his angels.

This is all depended on Mother Teresa having accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. But from what i have read about her, she really did not show the Love of Jesus towards others.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
For the love of a donkey, let the woman rest in peace!! YOU are the moral monsters, and the sadistic religious fanatics!!! SHE IS DEAD. And we should NOT speculate on where she is now. Only GOD knows where she is, and I'm pretty sure he's doing a facepalm right now over all this ridiculous speculation y'all are doing. :/ Mother Theresa is dead, that is an undisputed fact. We don't know where she went after death, so just accept that and let it go. God doesn't want us speculating on that. We have much more important things to worry about than the spiritual afterlife destination of MT.
Hello Lady Blue,

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers by sharing that disturbing article about Mother Teresa and for the record, only God is omniscient and knows where she (and everyone else who has passed on) is now.

Jul 4, 2015
I cant tell you where everybody is. They are all in the Grave awaiting for the Resurrection. Even Mother Teresa.

Sac49

Jun 26, 2016
I am pretty sure this woman is dead and her eternity, either up or down, is in Gods Sovereign hands. Let God deal with the things of God.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hello Lady Blue,

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers by sharing that disturbing article about Mother Teresa and for the record, only God is omniscient and knows where she (and everyone else who has passed on) is now.
It wasn't even aimed at you, MMD.. :)