WHICH Bible "version" Is Authorized By God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SophieT

@ truth7t7

"SophieT, post: 4523838, member: 303760"]You give 0 credit to the Holy Spirit who works all over the world, with and without the King Jimmy

YOU cannot impart eternal salvation to anyone and neither can any particular version of any Bible anywhere at any time in any place.

You have 0 control over who is saved and not saved for that matter.

You give no credit to the actual impartation of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, but make all kinds of superfluous claims on a 1611 translation of the Bible.

Jesus is not given any credit in the JK only posts. ONLY a dead man and his dead 'translators' are spoken of in awe and what amounts to almost worshipful reverence.

For that matter, you have a problem even believing the Holy Spirit is still active in this world.

What a bad and sorry joke for any Christian to 'boast' about.

Paul boasted of his Savior. What a wonderful difference! And you can read about that in any translation...

So truth, can you show me where you gave the Holy Spirit any credit? I would like to see it.

Not holding my breath...

Do you know of another way to be saved? Are only KJ Bible readers saved?

S

SophieT

I should add, speaking of Greek, there are more tenses in Greek than in English

Whatcha gonna do about that? Ignore it?

In the indicative mood there are seven tenses: present, imperfect, future, aorist (the equivalent of past simple), perfect, pluperfect, and future perfect. (The last two, especially the future perfect, are rarely used).
Ancient Greek Verbs

Ancient Greek verbs have four moods (indicative, imperative, subjunctive and optative), three voices (active, middle and passive), as well as three persons (first, second and third) and three numbers (singular, dual and plural).

English: past, present and future

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
KJV
there are only two lines of texts that all versions are using.
One was rejected by the reformers all through History and the other is what the KJV is translated from.

Modern translations are mostly using the condemned rejected texts and giving the readers elusive, sneaky lies that these texts want to promote.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Salvation isn't determined by which bible you read but the truth can be determined by which version you read, and the truth is what sets us free.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
KJV
there are only two lines of texts that all versions are using.
One was rejected by the reformers all through History and the other is what the KJV is translated from.

Modern translations are mostly using the condemned rejected texts and giving the readers elusive, sneaky lies that these texts want to promote.
Where is the evidence that the reformers rejected one line of text? Were they even aware of its existence?

Are you aware that there are more than two lines of text? Apparently not.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Salvation isn't determined by which bible you read but the truth can be determined by which version you read, and the truth is what sets us free.
Truth is independent of translations, particularly those in English. Truth existed before English existed.

What you choose to believe may be influenced by what you believe about the translation you choose, but the truth is available in any English translation.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Where is that in Scripture?
Common sense...if one version is God’s word, then another version that has different words and even different truths cannot be God’s word.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Most of the Jews when Jesus was on the earth were using a Greek translation of the OT Hebrew. The Jews had lost their Hebrew language due to the over 400 years of captivity they has endured.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Where did you get this info? ca you prove this biblically? Thanks

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Have you ever read a modern English version of the bible? Even the KJV has a NKJV version available.

Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit would be the simplest example I could give. Do you know why the KJV uses Holy Ghost instead of Holy Spirit?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Could you give us reasons? Thanks

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
... and the truth is what sets us free.
What of those who cannot handle the truth? Are they not in bondage to the lies?

Westcott & Hort created a major lie in the 19th century. That two SERIOUSLY CORRUPTED Greek manuscripts were superior to over 5,000 sound manuscripts and documents.

In a court of law they would have been laughed out of court for claiming that 2 lying witnesses are more reliable that 100 truthful witnesses. They prevailed because this was in the realm of spiritual warfare.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
No matter WHAT TRANSLATION of The Holy Bible you or anyone has...simply read it and in your head or thoughts ask God questions about what you’re reading and He will open any and all scriptures to the one who’s heart sincerely and diligently seeks and ponders.....SELAH! :love:(y)

Understanding scripture is NOT head knowledge it’s HEART knowledge!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Common sense...if one version is God’s word, then another version that has different words and even different truths cannot be God’s word.
The NIV is God's word.
The NASB is God's word.
The ESV is God's word.
The NET is God's word.
The KJV is God's word.
The CSB is God's word.

Etc.

Your "common sense" is not God's wisdom.

Deal with it.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I do not read Arabic or greek, few English folk do, you rely upon the scolarship of others just as I do.

I trust the scholarship of the KJ translators and I trust their theology ... modern translators not so much.
I didn't think you read Arabic. It was an illustration.
I trust The Holy Spirit. God has been the master of language from the beginning.
KJ translators are no longer with us.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Where is the evidence that the reformers rejected one line of text? Were they even aware of its existence?

Are you aware that there are more than two lines of text? Apparently not.
To say all translation and all bibles version are of equal value, and doctrinally they all say the same thing is not logical and blind.
Some changes affect the doctrines very little but some can change the meaning completely.

Matt 1:25 "her firstborn" is omitted. That Jesus was her firstborn indicates that Mary and Joseph had sexual relations after the birth of Jesus and that others were born of her. The omission here seeks to add credence to the false doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church concerning the perpetual virginity of Mary. The Bible is clear that Jesus had brothers and sisters.

It may be of no value to some but if there are hundreds/ thousands of changes it could really mess up your understanding of God.

I understand that there are many texts that are used today but if you go back in history, the two lines i was referring to is the, Catholic and Jesuit texts, which is what the reformers did not want to use. The other was the received text, and majority texts which the KJV is written from.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
It's not the words that change in greek [or in German for that matter] it is simply the order. The syntax "You to the door must go = you must go to the door

I did not say translations colours our theology, I said theology colours the translation.

Bishop Wescott who led the work of revising the KJ [the RSV] did not believe in the deity of Jesus Christ and it really comes out in his translation of certain verses ... and lo we have a whole generation of folks now who do not believe in the deity of Christ ... where did they come from?
I'll thank you not to spread these cult deceptions on a Good Friday.
Modern Bibles provably declare the deity of Christ.

KJVO cult leaders hated Wescott & Hort. Repeating their lies & misquotes doesn't make them true.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Babalon = confusion
a little change here and a little change there, = confusion. If we can find God in reading the bible then i know that satan will and has attacked it with great zeal.

Reformed1689

Jun 1, 2018
KJV-Onlyism has got to be one of the dumbest new age religions. They have literally made an idol out of a book instead of worshipping the author; God. I sometimes struggle to understand how anyone can believe KJV-Onlyism, but then I look at the people who do and I understand.