Who Justifieth the Ungodly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
Who said anything about helping God ?
You did when you said you rip verses from the context within which God has set the verse in order to "highlight the truth found in the context".

God does not need you to rip a verse from the context within which He, as the Author of Scripture, has placed it.

Do you even know the meaning of the word "context"?

the text or speech that comes immediately before and after a particular phrase or piece of text and that influence how it is used and what it means

So you rip a verse from the context in which God placed the verse in order to influence what the verse means ... then you project your erroneous dogma onto the meaning of the verse. That is improper interpretation of Scripture.

brightfame52 said:
Im saying truth is found within the context of scripture, do you deny that ?
I deny that you are "saying truth is found within the context of scripture" because you continuously rip a verse from the context within which the Author of Scripture has placed the verse.

You then attempt to align the verse with your dogma. That is improper interpretation of Scripture. You are to align your dogma to Scripture and where your dogma does not align with Scripture, get rid of your dogma.

If you truly believed "truth is found within the context of scripture", you would not rip verses from their context.

Mar 23, 2016
Everyone Christ died for has His righteousness imputed
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

brightfame52 said:
So if Christ was raised again for our Justification, it will be evidenced when we believe.
here's a newsflash for ya, brightfame52 ... the Lord Jesus Christ arose from the dead is truth even if no one believes it.

The reason the Lord Jesus Christ arose from the dead is because is was not possible that death could hold Him:

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

The justification of mankind is wholly through God's mercy, grace, lovingkindness. Death had no power to hold the Lord Jesus Christ.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
Nope. Scripture is very clear in telling us that faith is not works
you make faith out to be a meritorious work that men do to get Justified before God.
I believe you believe that.

However, it is clear from Scripture that faith is not works:

Romans 4:

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it [Abraham's faith] was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

But you cannot believe the simple truth of Scripture because your dogma does not align with Scripture.

Do not attempt to align Scripture to your dogma. Align your dogma with Scripture. Wherever your dogma does not align, get rid of the dogma. Don't try to fit Scripture to your erroneous dogma.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
According to 1 Corinthians 2:7, Paul is no longer speaking of the gospel in vss 13-14. In 1 Corinthians 2:7, Paul begins to speak of the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom. These are deeper spiritual truths than the gospel of Christ.
Therefore he cannot believe in Christ through the Gospel.
Intentionally obtuse.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
I do not discard verses. What I do is compare your "traditions" with the context of the verse you rip from its context. That is where you are in error. Align your "traditions" with Scripture ... do not attempt to align Scripture with your "traditions".
Yes you do
Nope ... my shining the light of Scripture on your erroneous dogma does not equal me discarding Scripture.

Your dogma crumbles under the slightest scrutinization. You have built upon a foundation of shifting sands which cannot withstand under the light of Scripture. I'm not going there with you, brightfame52.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
Nope. You lifting a verse from the context equals you "avoiding a truth clearly stated within a context".
Lifting a verse from wthin its context is simply paying close attention to what the verse is saying within its context.
:rolleyes: if you were "paying close attention to what the verse is saying within its context", you wouldn't be "Lifting a verse from wthin its context".

Do you even stop to think about what you are saying before you click the "Post reply" button?

brightfame52 said:
Now you avoid that.
My holding you to the context within which a verse sits does not equal me "avoiding" what you claim.

Me holding you to the context within which a verse sits exposes the shifting sands of the foundation of your erroneous dogma.

Mar 23, 2016
The word if is a evidential
The word "if" is not in the text. It was added to the text.

The words if we believe are translated from the Greek word pisteuō. The words “if we” were added to the text by the translators.

The word pisteuō Is in the present tense which means it denotes the present time (i.e. at the time the person believes).

Additionally, the word "imputed" (Greek logizomai) is also in the present tense.

So Romans 4:24 tells us that at the time a person believes, God imputes righteousness to him or her ... right when the person believes ... not before, but when.

If a person does not believe, then righteousness is not imputed to him/her.

brightfame said:
those who believe or even shall believe, had righteousness imputed to them.
Nope. Righteousness is imputed at the time a person believes.

brightfame52 said:
Vs 25 makes it clear that those whom Christ died for, He was raised for [because of] their Justification
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

brightfame52 said:
So Im not going to keep explaining this over and over and over
Since you seem to be tiring of having to explain something "over and over and over", the best thing for you to do is align your dogma to Scripture.

Your continual habit of taking a verse out of the context within which the Author of Scripture (God) has placed it, is improper. Leave the verse in its context and believe Scripture just as it is written.

Romans 4:

24 But for us also, to whom it [righteousness] shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Mar 23, 2016
1 Cor 2:14 relates to the Gospel Paul preached spoke to them 1 Cor 2:1-2
Nope. According to 1 Cor 2:6, Paul and those who were more mature (perfect = of full age, mature) spoke of deeper spiritual truths ... the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom according to 1 Cor 2:7:

1 Corinthians 2:

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect [of full age, mature]: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought.

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom [deeper spiritual truths than the gospel], which God ordained before the world unto our glory

I know your dogma will not allow you to consider that the gospel is a much more simple truth that is understood by mankind and further that once believed, the born again one is to grow up and mature to the point of understanding the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

However, your rendering of 1 Cor 2:13-14 is in error.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
Again, you've got people born again before they can believe the gospel by which they are born again. You've got the cart before the horse.
Correct, the natural man, unregenerate man cannot understand the Gospel 1 Cor 2:14
Intentionally obtuse.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddybyday said:
According to Romans 5:1, how are we justified ?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
By Faith, which I never have denied.
One issue with your dogma is you believe faith on the part of mankind is "works" and I have shown you that God specifically tells us faith is not works.

That is truth you have not allowed God to work in your heart. You argue against God when you insist faith = works.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:

Thats the saved justified world,
The words you add to Scripture do not change the truth of Scripture into your rendering.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Contrary to Justification by Grace !

It would be totally contrary to Justification by Grace Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Neither would it be freely, if it Justification, if its conditioned upon faith, for then it would make that a condition which is also required by the Law, for it is written Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Who can deny that Jesus here specifically Identifies Faith as one of the weightier matters of the Law ? And that its something done !

So for those of you that teach Justification before God by mans faith, you are teaching Justification by doing one of the weightier matters of the Law and there is no escaping that conclusion, and so must be in contradiction of Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin , as well as contradicting Justification by Grace !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
One issue with your dogma is you believe faith on the part of mankind is "works" and I have shown you that God specifically tells us faith is not works.

That is truth you have not allowed God to work in your heart. You argue against God when you insist faith = works.
See I have never denied Justification by Faith, thats a false conclusion you declare or imply of me. I believe it, yet I believe it scripturally, Faith is given to them who have been Justified by the Blood of Christ to evidence it to their mind and heart. You on the other hand take and make faith an act the natural man performs in order to meet a condition so God will justify them. Thats works, even works of the flesh. Thats not Justification by Faith.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

Nope. I just read the Scriptures and believe what the Author of Scripture has written:
You read scripture without understanding and corrupt the word of Truth, you turn a grace given in Salvation, the Gift of Faith, you turn it into a quality found in the fallen dead flesh of man, and make its performance a condition of salvation, thats glorying in the flesh.

Since righteousness is through faith (vs 22) and since we are justified freely by God's grace (vs 24), then it is error on your part to conclude faith is a "work" on the part of man.
Yet you deny Justification by Grace and condition it on the act of man, mans act of Faith, the unregenerate, spiritually dead sinner, you condition Justification before God on his or her faith. So you deny Justification by Grace.

I know that is your position. However, if "Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22" and a person must be born again of Holy Spirit in order to have "Faith" which "is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22", you've got a person born again in order to have the "Faith" which "is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22" which allows the person to believe the gospel in order to be born again. You've got the cart before the horse.
And so you have faith as the fruit or work of the flesh, therefore conditioning Justification on the fruit or work of the flesh.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Which truth you deny, because you say man in the flesh can please God with human faith, contrary to scripture Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The unregenerate are in the flesh, yet you say they can please God with Faith from their flesh.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

You are completely ignorant of the Scriptural meaning of "antichrist". According to Scripture, "antichrist" is one who denies that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) and one who who denies the Father and the Son:
Antichrist simply means against Christ, there are many false doctrines that are against Christ and the way of Salvation. I believe what you teach is against Christ and the way of Salvation by Him. You deny that His death alone Justified before God those He died for, Gods elect. You teach that many souls for whom Christ died, and purged away their sins, will yet go to hell for their sins. Thats against Christ !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

As to your claim that "Faith, which pleases God Heb 11:6 is a condition for man to do, to act before God does Justify him". That is what you believe I believe. However, that is not what I believe, no matter how vociferously you claim that is what I believe.
Yes it is what you believe even though you scared to publicly admit it word for word. Yet you believe the fallen human flesh of man has this Faith in them that pleases God, and when they use it and believe, God will Justify them. Tell me you dont believe that.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed
I believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world as stated in Scripture (John 1:29, John 3:16-17, 1 John 2:2).
You believe a lie, because Jesus Christ died only for Gods Elect/Sheep in the world.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

Read the verse again, brightfame52:

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The word "believeth" is also in the present tense.
Faith here has Christ as its object, for Faith isnt the believer righteousness, but embraces the one who is the believers righteousness. See Christ is the believers righteousness according to 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

See thats your problem, you not understanding the things of God, interpret Paul here as saying mans act of faith is counted as righteousness. So you believe the unregenerate sinner, dead in sin, in the flesh, has a faith righteousness that justified them before God. So you believe man is Justified by his own righteousness which is heresy !

The difference between you and I, my Faith sees Christ as my righteousness, having been imputed, you see your faith counted to you as righteousness, big difference.

Mar 23, 2016
Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
:rolleyes: you are so embroiled in propping up your dogma that you wholly miss the point!

Do you know what is the purpose of the law, brightfame52?

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The purpose of the law is to lead mankind to Messiah. The keeping of the law was never intended as a means of salvation ... salvation is wholly by grace through faith. That is clearly written in Scripture from Genesis to Revelation.

In Matthew 23:23, Jesus pointed out that the scribes and pharisees were trying to keep the law in an attempt to gain salvation and, in so doing, they missed the whole point of the law because the law pointed to their need for Him.

Since you read Scripture through the lens of your erroneous dogma, you also completely miss the point Jesus made and you have now stated faith = law.

Additionally, you now have the Lord Jesus Christ claiming that "faith is works", which completely contradicts what is written in Scripture. If there is any contradiction in Scripture, the whole Bible falls apart.

If there appears to be contradiction between your dogma and what you see written in Scripture, you are to let go of your erroneous dogma. If there appears to be contradiction in Scripture, you must first look to your own lack of understanding what is written as the issue. Scripture does not contradict Scripture.