Who Justifieth the Ungodly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
Lk 24:44-46

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
So now you do agree that gospel is revealed in Moses, the prophets, and in the psalms???

The gospel is not the mystery and the mystery is not the gospel.

If the gospel is the mystery ... then what "gospel" did the Lord Jesus Christ preach when He walked on the earth?

You cannot say the Lord Jesus Christ taught the mystery because Paul tells us in Ephesians 3 that the mystery was hid in God until God revealed it to Paul and Paul revealed it to the church at Ephesus:

Ephesians 3:

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel

The gospel is not the mystery.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
1 Corinthians 15:

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures
Thats not understood by the natural man.
:rolleyes: r-i-g-h-t ... it is soooooo difficult for a person to understand that the Lord Jesus Christ died for sin and that God raised Him up on the third day.

brightfame52 said:
Jesus had to open up mens understanding to understand that very Gospel Lk 24:44-46

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
You do realize that Moses, the prophets and the psalms have more information than just the gospel, yes?

Moses wrote about creation, the flood, Sodom/Gomorrha, the bondage the children of Israel endured in Egypt, God's deliverance of the children of Israel from the bondage and much, much more.

The prophets wrote about the Lord Jesus Christ as well as things which are still yet future and unless a child of God is diligent in studying the prophets, much of what was written by the prophets is still hidden from them.

Quit trying to manipulate the gospel to fit the mold of your erroneous dogma.

The gospel in and of itself is simple so that even a child can understand. Once a person is born again through faith in the simple truth of the gospel, then the Holy Spirit works within the born again one to reveal the depths of the wisdom of God ... which we will never fully comprehend in this lifetime, nor in eternity as God is that magnificent.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
Romans 10:

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
This describes the regenerated person being converted
:rolleyes: you do understand that "regenerated" and "converted" are the same thing?

Under your scenario, if a person has to be "regenerated" in order to be "converted", he/she has to be "born again" in order to be "born again".

Your misconstruction of Scripture borders on insanity.

brightfame52 said:
Man naturally cant believe with his wicked uncircumcised heart.
sure they can. men believe all sorts of stuff. that's what you refuse to acknowledge.

The atheist believes there is no God.

The pagan believes in many gods.

The issue is not "do you have faith".

The issue is "in WHOM do you place your faith".

satan has you hoodwinked concerning this issue ... to the point you believe (have faith) in a ridiculous idea that there is a "human" faith. Yet all along God tells us there is only one faith ... which you know, but will not acknowledge as truth.

brightfame52 said:
righteousness must first be revealed to faith Rom 1:1:16-17
For the longest time you've been insisting that Rom 1:16-17 states that it is the gospel which is revealed. So now you finally acknowledge that it is the righteousness of God which is revealed.

And please note, verse 17 states the righteousness of God is revealed in the gospel of Christ.

And please note also the verse does not state "righteousness is revealed to faith" as you claim. The verse states therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith.

Quit reading Scripture through the lens of your erroneous dogma. Read Scripture just as written by the Author and let the Author work in your heart to increase your understanding of His Word.

Mar 23, 2016
Any sinner Christ didnt die for
The Lord Jesus Christ died for all descendants of Adam.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

brightfame52 said:
and redeem will remain unregenerate/ lost.
And under your erroneous dogma, they'll remain that way because you teach the gospel is "hid" from them because they're not "elect" like you. That is not the gospel.

Romans 10:

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Mar 23, 2016
Justified by His Death apart from our believing it !
Romans 10:

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

brightfame52 said:
Justification by Faith, not because its not true
:rolleyes: so you now agree we're justified by faith ... just as Romans 5:1 states???

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

brightfame52 said:
Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Imputeth Righteousness without works !
Another lifting of a verse from its context in order to promote your dogma.

When you read Romans 4:6 in context you find that David described what is written in Romans 4 ... that faith is not works:

Romans 4:

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works

Why do you continue to believe that faith = works when God specifically tells us that faith ≠ works???

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Justified by His Death apart from our believing it ! 2

Yes He was raised again because of their Justification, in other words, His Justifcation from their sins and death on their behalf was theirs, since it was their wage of death and sins He died for in the first place, so why would not His Justifcation be theirs also , and so the Spirit of Prophecy regarding Christ says Isa 50:4-9

4 The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

5 The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.

6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

7 For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

8 He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

9 Behold, the Lord God will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.

John Gill says of Vs 8-9:

He is near that justifieth me,.... His Father was "near" him in his whole state of humiliation; he left him not alone; he was at his right hand, and therefore he was not moved; and "justified" him from all the calumnies of his enemies, or the false charges they brought against him, and from all the sins of his people that were upon him; these he took upon him, and bore them, and made satisfaction for them, upon which he was acquitted; and which is evident by his resurrection from the dead, by his ascension to heaven, and session at the right hand of God; and by the gifts of the Spirit, extraordinary and ordinary, he received for men, and gave unto them; see 1 Timothy 3:16.

Who will contend with me? being thus acquitted; will the law and justice of God litigate the point with him? they are both satisfied; will Satan dispute the matter with him? he is foiled, conquered, and destroyed; or will the wicked Jews enter the argument with him? wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.​

Yes Christ was raised again because of their Justification ! If we read Rom 4:25 in the NASB its:

25 He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification.

Yes, thats why He was raised, because those for whom sins He was delivered had been acquitted of them, and that forever !

The YLT is enlightening as well :

25 who was delivered up because of our offences, and was raised up because of our being declared righteous.

Thats basically what Paul writes again here Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word made as in made righteous is the greek word kathistēmi and does mean :

C.to set down as, constitute, to declare, show to be

So in line with Rom 4:25, Rom 5:19 can read:

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be declared righteous.

Now, this proves that without a shadow of doubt, that Christ's Resurrection from the dead is proof positive that God reckons all those He died for as Righteous, Acquitted from all sin. His Resurrection proves they are not in their sins as stated here if His resurrection would not have occurred 1 Cor 15:17

And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

See God given Faith believes that because of Christ's death, and resurrection, those He died for are not in their sins, His death having satisfied God's Law and Justice for them, but if they were not acquitted by His Death, and He did not raise from the dead, Faith has no promise to rely upon ! But the Truth of their acquittal was before their Faith to believe it was ! 13

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God ...

Romans 4:

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect

Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God ...

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The purpose of the law is to lead mankind to Messiah. The keeping of the law was never intended as a means of salvation ... salvation is wholly by grace through faith. That is clearly written in Scripture from Genesis to Revelation.

In Matthew 23:23, Jesus pointed out that the scribes and pharisees were trying to keep the law in an attempt to gain salvation and, in so doing, they missed the whole point of the law because the law pointed to their need for Him.

you insisting that faith = works does not change the Scriptural truth that faith ≠ works.
Since you hijack faith and make is a human requirement for the natural man, then you default to the law, the natural man is legally married tp the law in Adam.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures ...

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism

your "human faith" is just another vain imaginative reasoning on your part used to prop up your erroneous dogma.

As I told you ...

You want to make faith "required under the Law"? Have at it. At that point, you change Rom 4:4 and you do not receive the reward through grace ... you receive of debt. Have fun with that!
You bought up human faith, you said all men have been given it, then you quote Rom 12:3

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

aaaahahahahahahaha ... you so silly!!!

There is only one faith:

And you said all men by nature have it, so thats law keeping Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

The one who manipulates Scripture is the one who claims "faith is required under the law" and "faith must be in accordance with the law" when Scripture tells us

Romans 4:

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

16 Therefore it is of faith [the promise to Abraham in vs 13], that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all

You continue to insist faith is required under the law" and "faith must be in accordance with the law" and according to Rom 4:14 you have now made faith void and the promise of none effect. Way to go, brightfame52.
Since you make faith a requirement for men to get Justified, you make it a law, a work.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: intentionally obtuse.

1 John 5:1 does not support your claim that "a person is born again prior to believing the Gospel of Christ" any more than John 1:12-13 supports your claim.

Again, here is the sequence in which a person is born again ...

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise

After you heard, you believed.

After you believed, you were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise (born again)
Its the regenerated born again man or woman who believes in Jesus Christ. Man naturally are debtors to the law.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Your continual insistence that there are multiple types of faith when Scripture clearly tells us there is one faith indicates you do not believe Scripture.

Scripture clearly states we are justified by faith:

Romans 4:

24 But for us also, to whom it [righteousness] shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

Your continual insistence that faith is works when Scripture clearly tells us faith is not works indicates you do not believe Scripture.

Romans 4:

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

You can claim there are multiple types of faith and you can claim that "human faith" ... "thats works" all the livelong day. Your claim is not based on the truth of Scripture. Scripture is truth and we are to bring our thoughts into alignment with Scripture. We are not to attempt to bring Scripture into alignment with our thoughts.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
You make Faith a human requirement to get Justified, so you promote law keeping, human faith is required by the Law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Of course you want to rip vs 7 from the context in which the Author of Scripture has placed it so you can make your fallacious claims ...

Read Ephesians 1:1 to see to whom the letter was written:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus

The faithful in Christ Jesus have already believed.

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
Redemption and forgiveness of sins are through the Blood of Christ, not a person believing. Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes:Abraham didn't believe an "IT".

Abraham believed a WHO and here's a hint:

Abraham believed God

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
You cant answer a simple question, because you dont know what it was.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
The Lord Jesus Christ died for all descendants of Adam.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Jesus Christ died only for the elect, the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: brightfame52, you really need to follow the discussion.

In Post #1830, The_Watchers_2017 stated:

"this has nothing to do when God knocks on the heart of natural man and he repents."

You replied in Post #1832 and claimed:

"The old human heart is uncircumcised and is at enmity to the word of God Acts 7:51"

I replied to your assertion in Post #1857:

View attachment 241769 :rolleyes: if, as you claim, "God doesn’t knock on the door of the wicked, deceitful natural human heart", then there would be no reason to "resist the Holy Ghost" as stated in Acts 7:51 because (according to you) the Holy Spirit "doesn't knock on the door of the wicked, deceitful, natural human heart".

Let's read Acts 7:51:

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Clearly, God does "knock on the door of the wicked, deceitful, natural human heart". Otherwise, there would be no Holy Ghost for them to resist.

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
No Christ doesnt knock on the door of anyones heart. Acts 7:51 doesnt teach that either.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Your erroneous dogma has blinded you to the all encompassing love of the Lord Jesus Christ, which surpasses understanding.

The reason people "remain unchanged" is that they resist the Holy Spirit:

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
People remain unchanged when Christ hasnt died for them. Whoever Christ doesnt die for, the Spirit doesnt quicken.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
The Lord Jesus Christ did not become "the sinner".

2 Cor 5:21 tells us He hath made him to be sin ... the word "sin" is translated from the Greek word hamartia.

If the Author of Scripture wanted to say the Lord Jesus Christ became "the sinner" as you erroneously claim, God would have used the word "hamartōlos" instead of hamartia.

Your erroneous dogma is again (and still) found wanting.
Jesus Christ became the sinners substitute ,a sin offering, He became a sinner by imputation, that is the sinners sins and punishment became His by imputation, though He Himself never sinned.

Besides that, you and I dont even believe in the same Jesus Christ, the Jesus Christ I believe in died only for an elect people, and it resulted in their eternal salvation.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: now you've got God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, doing the bidding of satan.

First, you claim the gospel which is revealed from Genesis to Revelation is really the hidden wisdom (1 Cor 2:7) and/or the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God (Eph 3:9).

When it was pointed out to you that the gospel is the gospel and the mystery is the mystery, you then pointed to 2 Cor 4:3 because your wholly inadequate Biblical research skills lack any accuracy.

You have now compounded your error because 2 Cor 4:4 states that it is the god of this world (i.e. satan) who blinds.

God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, has proclaimed the gospel in every Book in Scripture.

satan, the god of this world and the one who holds himself out as equal to God, is the one who hides the gospel.

So you've got God "hiding" the gospel, which is the very thing satan wants done! way to go, brightfame52!!!

And just fyi, 2 Cor 4:4 tells us why satan hides the gospel:lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Your dogma is wholly without merit.
You teach that sinners Christ died for shall yet remain in their sins and die in them and unbelief,, so you are advocating the devil is stronger than God, that the success of the work of Christ was thwarted by the devil who keeps men blinded in unbelief. 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

According to you,victory for the devil.