Who Justifieth the Ungodly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
If you dont believe it, thats unbelief !
well ... according to your erroneous dogma, I don't have to "believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners":

No, those He died for do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners

... so which is it, brightfame52 ... does a person need to believe ? ... or is it "those He died for do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners" ???

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
well ... according to your erroneous dogma, I don't have to "believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners":

... so which is it, brightfame52 ... does a person need to believe ? ... or is it "those He died for do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners" ???
Correct, and if you dont believe it, its unbelief. The people Christ died for dont have to do a thing to be Justified by His death, they are Justified while ungodly Rom 4:5 and enemies Rom 5:10

Aug 10, 2023
The Greek word - “ ἄφεσις - aphesis / af'-es-is “ means literally = To Fully Pardon - Complete Forgiveness,
to fully, completely Pardon as to Absolve, Exonerate, Forgive “ fully give freedom. “

and the truth is, this Greek word - ἄφεσις - aphesis - is only used 17 total times in the entire manuscripts of the N.T.

yet, we notice in the K.J.V translation the word forgive is used 69 total times
and we notice in the Catholic D.R.B. translation the word forgive is used 62 total times

forgive _____ 28 times, K.J.V / 26 times Catholic D.R.B.
forgiven _____ 24 K.J.V times, / 25 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgave _____ 8 K.J.V times, / 4 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgiveness _____ 6 K.J.V times, / 3 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgiving _____ 2 K.J.V times, / 3 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgiveth _____ 1 K.J.V times, / 1 times, Catholic D.R.B.
----
= ____ 69 total times - K.J.V / 62 total times - Catholic D.R.B.

In the Greek manuscripts - “ ἄφεσις - aphesis / af'-es-is “ is only used 17 total times, the question is why and what does this mean in context and what are the other Greek words used that the translators are using - as “ forgive and pardon “ ?

Here are the 17 total times this Greek word - ἄφεσις - aphesis - is used in the manuscripts,

Mat 26:28 my blood of the new testament, ….. is shed for many, for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Mar 1:4 John preached…….. baptism of repentance for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Mar 3:29 blaspheme the Spirit Of The Holy never has “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ in danger of eternal damnation:
Luk 1:77 Jesus gives………. knowledge of salvation ……… by the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of their sins;
Luk 3:3 { John the Baptist } ……… preaching the baptism of repentance for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Luk 4:18 to preach “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ to the captives - to set at “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ the broken
Luk 24:47 ……. repentance and “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins should be preached in his name
Act 2:38 Repent, and be baptized ……in the name of Jesus Christ for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Act 5:31 Jesus . …… Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins.
Act 10:43 whosoever believeth in him shall receive “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins.
Act 13:38 { Jesus } ……. this man is preached unto you the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins:
Act 26:18 that they may receive “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins; and inheritance ….. sanctified by faith that is in me.
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins
Col 1:14 { in Jesus } we have redemption through his blood, even the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins.
Heb 9:22 and without shedding of blood is no “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Heb 10:18 Now where “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins; of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

The truth is - in fact, there is never again any other mentioning whatsoever a mention nor a usage of this Greek word in the New Testament manuscripts that are - applying the Forgiveness, Pardon - as to fully and completely Pardon as to Absolve, Exonerate, Forgive…… outside of these verses using the Greek word ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ 17 total times

And if you notice all of these 17 total passages are ONLY - ONLY centered around Gods shed blood and the work of God through repentance and the repentant sinner existing in the state and status of a sinner whom is receiving salvation by faith in His word .

in fact. this Greek word never, ever - never APPLIES nor APPEARS in the manuscripts - under any other circumstances in all of the approXimately other 50 + verses where we see the word “ forgiveness “ in the translations

Aug 10, 2023

So . . .. the question is

what about the other remaining 50 + verses where we see the word “ forgiveness “ throughout the translations ?

After we repent and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit we receive FORGIVENESS, PARDONING, ABSOLVING, EXONERATION of sins. God whom has already fully forgiven and pardoned, PARDONING our sins, this pardon and forgiveness was already done 2000 years ago on the cross by shedding his blood.

It is ONLY in this context that this Greek word is used and ALSO in the applied anointing to the context of the broken and repentant sinner believing as a sinner in repentance and receiving the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins that was already given and completed 2000 years ago on the cross by the blood sacrifice……

That this pardon and forgiveness was already done 2000 years ago by shedding of blood on the cross, once we receive this knowledge and repent we are ….. sanctified by faith in his offering of salvation and receive “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins.

Then another Greek word is used, that is the Greek word

ἀφίημι - aphiēmi - meaning = To send forth - away , lay aside, leave, let alone, be gone, put away. yield up sin

God has already Pardoned and Forgiven, Absolved, Exonerated ἄφεσις - aphesis \ forgivness “ of sins.

AFTER WE REPENT - WE ASK THAT GOD WILL

ἀφίημι - aphiēmi “ our sins - meaning = To send away our sins to give us strength to - lay aside, leave, let alone and be gone and put away and yield up our sin that he has already forgiven / pardoned 2000 years ago that we receive by repenting, baptism and receiving the gift of the Spirit of the Holy by the Anointing Jesus

This ἄφεσις \ - aphesis forgivness “ Forgiveness and Pardon was already done Completed one time 2000 years ago by shedding of blood on the cross

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

:18 Now where “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins; of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

but literal definition and meaning of Pardoning, Forgiving Of Sin is the Greek word ἄφεσις \ - aphesis forgivness “ and this Forgiveness and Pardon was already done, completed one time 2000 years ago by shedding of blood on the cross

In the Greek manuscripts - “ ἄφεσις - aphesis / af'-es-is “ is only used 17 total passages as centered around the fully and completely Pardoning, Absolving, Exonerating, Forgiving…… outside of these 17 verses I listed above .. never again is this Greek word used

and all of these 17 total passages are ONLY - ONLY centered around Gods shed BLOOD and the work of God through repentance and the repentant sinner existing in the state and status of a sinner whom is then receiving salvation by faith in His word .

the other remaining 50 + verses where we see the word “ forgiveness “ in the translations, this is the Greek word ἀφίημι - aphiēmi “ meaning = To send away our sins, to give us strength to - lay aside, leave, let alone and be gone and put away and yield up our sin

our sins, that he has already forgiven / pardoned " aphesis " - 2000 years ago that we are to believe upon with an honest heart and receive by repenting, baptism and receiving the gift of the Spirit of the Holy by the Anointing Jesus.

I just find this amazing and wanted to share this truth concerning His Holy Manuscripts and message in its originality,

God Bless You Always

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
The Greek word - “ ἄφεσις - aphesis / af'-es-is “ means literally = To Fully Pardon - Complete Forgiveness,
to fully, completely Pardon as to Absolve, Exonerate, Forgive “ fully give freedom. “

and the truth is, this Greek word - ἄφεσις - aphesis - is only used 17 total times in the entire manuscripts of the N.T.

yet, we notice in the K.J.V translation the word forgive is used 69 total times
and we notice in the Catholic D.R.B. translation the word forgive is used 62 total times

forgive _____ 28 times, K.J.V / 26 times Catholic D.R.B.
forgiven _____ 24 K.J.V times, / 25 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgave _____ 8 K.J.V times, / 4 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgiveness _____ 6 K.J.V times, / 3 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgiving _____ 2 K.J.V times, / 3 times, Catholic D.R.B.
forgiveth _____ 1 K.J.V times, / 1 times, Catholic D.R.B.
----
= ____ 69 total times - K.J.V / 62 total times - Catholic D.R.B.

In the Greek manuscripts - “ ἄφεσις - aphesis / af'-es-is “ is only used 17 total times, the question is why and what does this mean in context and what are the other Greek words used that the translators are using - as “ forgive and pardon “ ?

Here are the 17 total times this Greek word - ἄφεσις - aphesis - is used in the manuscripts,

Mat 26:28 my blood of the new testament, ….. is shed for many, for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Mar 1:4 John preached…….. baptism of repentance for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Mar 3:29 blaspheme the Spirit Of The Holy never has “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ in danger of eternal damnation:
Luk 1:77 Jesus gives………. knowledge of salvation ……… by the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of their sins;
Luk 3:3 { John the Baptist } ……… preaching the baptism of repentance for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Luk 4:18 to preach “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ to the captives - to set at “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ the broken
Luk 24:47 ……. repentance and “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins should be preached in his name
Act 2:38 Repent, and be baptized ……in the name of Jesus Christ for the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Act 5:31 Jesus . …… Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins.
Act 10:43 whosoever believeth in him shall receive “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins.
Act 13:38 { Jesus } ……. this man is preached unto you the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins:
Act 26:18 that they may receive “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins; and inheritance ….. sanctified by faith that is in me.
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins
Col 1:14 { in Jesus } we have redemption through his blood, even the “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins.
Heb 9:22 and without shedding of blood is no “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins;
Heb 10:18 Now where “ ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ of sins; of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

The truth is - in fact, there is never again any other mentioning whatsoever a mention nor a usage of this Greek word in the New Testament manuscripts that are - applying the Forgiveness, Pardon - as to fully and completely Pardon as to Absolve, Exonerate, Forgive…… outside of these verses using the Greek word ἄφεσις \ forgivness “ 17 total times

And if you notice all of these 17 total passages are ONLY - ONLY centered around Gods shed blood and the work of God through repentance and the repentant sinner existing in the state and status of a sinner whom is receiving salvation by faith in His word .

in fact. this Greek word never, ever - never APPLIES nor APPEARS in the manuscripts - under any other circumstances in all of the approXimately other 50 + verses where we see the word “ forgiveness “ in the translations
What is your point with all this ?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
heavenbeliever

After we repent and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit we receive FORGIVENESS, PARDONING, ABSOLVING, EXONERATION of sins.
God whom has already fully forgiven and pardoned, PARDONING our sins, this pardon and forgiveness was already done 2000 years ago on the cross by shedding his blood.
This is error. Everyone Christ died for has been forgiven of their sins, Justified before God, even while they are ungodly.

Aug 10, 2023
oh, i can see exactly what you are saying,

i honestly was not attempting to particularly take one side or the other in my post

however, I can very, very, very much and very greatly appreciate you noticing what you feel is error and then making the correction to what you perceive as " My Error "

that is very valuable to me personally and I thank you for that. I was just simply presenting the original message from the manuscript.

1Jn 1:

:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to lay aside / omit our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I believe you are right in your correcting of my error, it was a slight mistake on my part but in principle I do agree, I just failed to take this forgiveness back to the cross as it truly applies

but I was simply trying to demonstrate how that the Greek word ἄφεσις - aphesis - meaning =- FORGIVENESS, PARDONING, ABSOLVING, EXONERATION is " " in the manuscript message " " also applied to future tense as the repentant sinner is believing upon the shed blood of Jesus and receiving the baptism of the Spirit Of The Holy - as they are receiving this Gift.

I was not doubting the finished work on the cross. thank you for taking time to truly understand and clarify and correct my statement.

God bless you always

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Non Imputation of sin equates to Justification !

Since Non imputation of sin is a branch of forgiveness of sins Rom 4:6-8

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

It is written in Rom 4:25 that Christ was raised again for our Justification. That word for Justification, the greek word dikaiósis, it means:

acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

Which words are mere synonyms for forgiveness.

It means:
cleared of all charges (punishment) related to their sins.

Now this is True of them from their mothers womb, as long as Christ died for them and rose again for them ! Its true while they are being ungodly, hence God because of Christ's death, can justify, acquit, forgive the ungodly ! Rom 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness

Beware of the phrase, his [the believers faith] is counted as righteousness. It should be understood as the object of Faith, Christ, is counted as his righteousness through imputation. Christ is the believers Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

And Faith embraces that fact ! And yet it was a fact when we were ungodly , because our sin wasnt imputed to us, but to Christ so He could He could die for them ! 22

Mar 23, 2016
Correct, and if you dont believe it, its unbelief.
:rolleyes: ... if I don't believe your erroneous dogma "its unbelief"??? hogwash!!!

brightfame52 said:
The people Christ died for
what Scripture teaches:

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Mar 23, 2016
Non imputation of sin is a branch of forgiveness of sins Rom 4:6-8

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
:rolleyes: ... you again rip the verses in Romans 4:6-8 from the context within which the Author of Scripture has placed them in your futile attempt to prop up your erroneous dogma rather than learn what it is that God wants you to know in reading and comprehending the verses within the context in which God placed them.

What is written in Romans 4:6-8 is to be understood in light of what is written in Romans 4:1-7 in which we learn that God imputes righteousness through faith of the one who believes God (Rom 4:3) ... we also learn that faith is not works (Rom 4:4-5).

However, if you want to start reading in Romans 4:6-8, go back and read what David wrote in Psalm 32 in order to fully comprehend Romans 4:6-8:

Psalm 32:

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

According to verses 3-4 ... when David "kept silence" (did not acknowledge his sin before God), his sin bothered him to the core of his being. However, read verse 5:

5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

When David acknowledged his sin and confessed to God, then his sin was forgiven ... then David considered God his hiding place where David was preserved from trouble.

brightfame52 said:
Now this is True of them from their mothers womb
According to Psalm 32, it was not "True" until David acknowledged his sin and quit hiding his iniquity (Psalm 32:5).

brightfame52 said:
Its true while they are being ungodly
:rolleyes: ... another re-write of Scripture in your futile attempt to align Scripture to your erroneous dogma.

Have you ever read 1 John 1:9 ... written to those who are born again:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

after we are born again if and when we find we have sinned, we are to confess our sins and He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Get that, brightfame52???

we are not to continue in sin after we are born again in the erroneous belief that "Non imputation of sin is a branch of forgiveness of sins" ... that a person is "cleared of all charges (punishment) related to their sins" ... "True of them from their mothers womb".

brightfame52 said:
1 Cor 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

And Faith embraces that fact ! And yet it was a fact when we were ungodly
:rolleyes: ... lie, lie, lie ...

what is "a fact when we were ungodly" is what Scripture tells us is true when we were ungodly:

Ephesians 2:2-3 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: ... if I don't believe your erroneous dogma "its unbelief"??? hogwash!!!

what Scripture teaches:

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
The people Christ died for are by His death Justified, if you dont believe it, thats unbelief.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: ... you again rip the verses in Romans 4:6-8 from the context within which the Author of Scripture has placed them in your futile attempt to prop up your erroneous dogma rather than learn what it is that God wants you to know in reading and comprehending the verses within the context in which God placed them.

What is written in Romans 4:6-8 is to be understood in light of what is written in Romans 4:1-7 in which we learn that God imputes righteousness through faith of the one who believes God (Rom 4:3) ... we also learn that faith is not works (Rom 4:4-5).

However, if you want to start reading in Romans 4:6-8, go back and read what David wrote in Psalm 32 in order to fully comprehend Romans 4:6-8:

Psalm 32:

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

According to verses 3-4 ... when David "kept silence" (did not acknowledge his sin before God), his sin bothered him to the core of his being. However, read verse 5:

5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

When David acknowledged his sin and confessed to God, then his sin was forgiven ... then David considered God his hiding place where David was preserved from trouble.

According to Psalm 32, it was not "True" until David acknowledged his sin and quit hiding his iniquity (Psalm 32:5).

:rolleyes: ... another re-write of Scripture in your futile attempt to align Scripture to your erroneous dogma.

Have you ever read 1 John 1:9 ... written to those who are born again:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

after we are born again if and when we find we have sinned, we are to confess our sins and He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Get that, brightfame52???

we are not to continue in sin after we are born again in the erroneous belief that "Non imputation of sin is a branch of forgiveness of sins" ... that a person is "cleared of all charges (punishment) related to their sins" ... "True of them from their mothers womb".

:rolleyes: ... lie, lie, lie ...

what is "a fact when we were ungodly" is what Scripture tells us is true when we were ungodly:

Ephesians 2:2-3 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
Non imputation of sin is a Gospel Doctrine 2 Cor 5:19 and them who God doesnt impute sin, are Justified from it, if you dont believe that good news, thats unbelief!

Mar 23, 2016
The people Christ died for are by His death Justified
what Scripture teaches:

Mar 23, 2016
Non imputation of sin is a Gospel Doctrine 2 Cor 5:19

please note that the not imputing their trespasses unto them is conditioned upon reconciliation [Greek katallassó].

I have gone over the Greek word katallassó with you in the past, brightfame52:

The word "reconciling" is translated from the Greek word katallássō which means decisively change, as when two parties reconcile when coming ("changing") to the same position.

Reconciliation on the part of God to mankind took place before the foundation of the world.

Reconciliation on the part of man to God takes place at the time a person turns to God in faith ... at that point the "non imputation of sin" occurs.

Those who reject God even as He reaches out to them are not reconciled to God ... not because God has not made provision for them, but because they reject that which God has provided for them to be reconciled to God.

Those who turn to God in faith are the ones to whom God does not impute sin ... just as shown in the following Scripture:

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted [Gr katallassó] unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted [Gr katallassó] for righteousness.

Romans 4:19-24 He [Abraham] staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed [Gr katallassó] to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed [Gr katallassó] to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed [Gr katallassó], if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted [Gr katallassó] to him for righteousness.

James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed [Gr katallassó] unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
what Scripture teaches:

The people Christ died for are by His death Justified. If you dont believe that, its unbelief, you may as well say, Christs death in and of itself Justified no one.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020

please note that the not imputing their trespasses unto them is conditioned upon reconciliation [Greek katallassó].

The word "reconciling" is translated from the Greek word katallássō which means decisively change, as when two parties reconcile when coming ("changing") to the same position.

Reconciliation on the part of God to mankind took place before the foundation of the world.

Reconciliation on the part of man to God takes place at the time a person turns to God in faith ... at that point the "non imputation of sin" occurs.

Those who reject God even as He reaches out to them are not reconciled to God ... not because God has not made provision for them, but because they reject that which God has provided for them to be reconciled to God.

Those who turn to God in faith are the ones to whom God does not impute sin ... just as shown in the following Scripture:

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted [Gr katallassó] unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted [Gr katallassó] for righteousness.

Romans 4:19-24 He [Abraham] staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed [Gr katallassó] to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed [Gr katallassó] to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed [Gr katallassó], if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted [Gr katallassó] to him for righteousness.

James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed [Gr katallassó] unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Mar 23, 2016
The people Christ died for are by His death Justified.
what Scripture teaches:

brightfame52 said:
If you dont believe that, its unbelief, you may as well say, Christs death in and of itself Justified no one.
it's your erroneous dogma that "Justifies no one" ...

Romans 4:

20 He [Abraham] staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he [God] had promised, he [God] was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him [Abraham] for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it [righteousness] shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

5:1 Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

Mar 23, 2016
what Scripture teaches ...

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
what Scripture teaches:

it's your erroneous dogma that "Justifies no one" ...

Romans 4:

20 He [Abraham] staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he [God] had promised, he [God] was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him [Abraham] for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it [righteousness] shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

5:1 Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
All for whom Christ died, they are Justified solely by His death, if you dont believe that, its unbelief, you may as well say " The death of Christ justified no one"

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
what Scripture teaches ...

Non imputation of sin is a Gospel Doctrine 2 Cor 5:19, it means God will not charge sin upon them Christ died, they have been reconciled to God, and Justified, declared righteous in Gods sight. If you dont believe this, thats your unbelief.