Why do prosperity preachers age?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Why do prosperity preachers age? If one can change reality by confession, then it makes sense to role back the clock to a heather age in one's life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why do prosperity preachers age? If one can change reality by confession, then it makes sense to role back the clock to a heather age in one's life.
Apparently, the weapons of aging prospered against them.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
God has sentences all of us to die once. Plus the prosperity Gospel is a false teaching

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As a child I had a special love for elderly people. Of course all the elderly people I know back then were pretty active and healthy.. I alays prayed and one of my prayers was to be like they in due time. Tht was before I was seven, and now I am just going on 75... I do not sensemyself to be as these folks were yet in the sense of being venerable and wise,but perhaps one day.

My point is, aging to me is never something negative. All blessings in Jesus, Yesdhua....j

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Because they just do not have enough faith.
They are not aging, it is you just do not have the eyes to see the real them staying the same
age continually.

Once you believe you can do anything.

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
1 John 5

It does not take much understanding to realise this is not Gods will, so it is just not
going to happen no matter how much deluded men think it will

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Because 'having your best life now' is false doctrine...in terms of the flesh.

I kind of wonder what the prosperity preachers believe about the resurrection, if they believe it at all.

We wont age in heaven, but thats not to say our flesh is never going to decay and die on earth. But then are they looking at the flesh or are you.

When the Bible says our souls will prosper., it means just that, our SOULS, not our flesh, or bank account.

7seasrekeyed

seriously?

I'm more concerned with how they fleece people

they sheer the sheep instead of feeding them

but I bet you have the same concern hence the thread. funny question though

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Because 'having your best life now' is false doctrine...in terms of the flesh.

I kind of wonder what the prosperity preachers believe about the resurrection, if they believe it at all.

We wont age in heaven, but thats not to say our flesh is never going to decay and die on earth. But then are they looking at the flesh or are you.

When the Bible says our souls will prosper., it means just that, our SOULS, not our flesh, or bank account.
Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Dec 12, 2013
God has sentences all of us to die once. Plus the prosperity Gospel is a false teaching
NOT ALL.......it is appointed unto men once to die <--does not say ALL and....

We which are alive and remain.......SOME will be changed in an instant at the 2nd coming without DYING....... ;)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
NOT ALL.......it is appointed unto men once to die <--does not say ALL and....

We which are alive and remain.......SOME will be changed in an instant at the 2nd coming without DYING....... ;)
Yeah that is an interesting contention. I'm of the opinion (bearing your post in mind) that ALL must die (as in the first death/rebirth into new life)

Physical death though no, I would agree with you.

It is a little vague though and my mind runs away with stuff like that.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah that is an interesting contention. I'm of the opinion (bearing your post in mind) that ALL must die (as in the first death/rebirth into new life)

Physical death though no, I would agree with you.

It is a little vague though and my mind runs away with stuff like that.
The context is physical death.......men are already born spiritually needing to be BORN AGAIN from above by the spirit....HER statement was aimed squarely at physical death.

Jul 23, 2018
Why did Jesus and Abraham age?
Both operated off Faith and Jesus created everything seen and unseen by speaking it into existence.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Where does this shame of age come into play in truth???I?I

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Ahhh, the "spirit of aging".

I mean, why not? Some of them assign "spirits" to nearly every malady or inconvenience in this world..................... :rolleyes:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The againg of the flesh is a very direct lesson in the j material abeing allied with decay……...all will. It is the body to come for each of us that will be allied to lving forever.

This is a non-subject subject. You are wasting time pursuing it.

E

eternally-gratefull

The againg of the flesh is a very direct lesson in the j material abeing allied with decay……...all will. It is the body to come for each of us that will be allied to lving forever.

This is a non-subject subject. You are wasting time pursuing it.

Lolol,,, I still have to laugh at alot this user says..

Ps. The op has a valid point. What good is it if you are given everything, yet your body deteriorates and you end up dead?

Kind of a waste of time is it not?

Is it not more productive to earn eternal rewards whic will never fade away, then to live in prosperity on earth?? Where you can take nothing with you?

Jul 23, 2018
Where does this shame of age come into play in truth???I?I
Our walk is a walk of faith.
Those mastering abundant life walking in the light,glory and provision.
Obtaining promises from the word is not always automatic.
There is passive blessing and small revelation,and there is blessing,provision,and revelation that is " taken" or invoked.
Most of the wof mockers have and live in a "deficit" or misunderstanding.
They correctly ,after shooting their mental shotgun,have about 2 BBs hit the bullseye. The rest of their BBs ripping up God's word,their own faith and blessing.
Then they high five and dance all over their own destroyed faith and bibles.
That is their bizarre starting place.
To START their "understanding" off of jettisoned verses.

Hours and hours wasted off of a false enemy,while the devil is kicking the tails of christian families.

Jul 23, 2018
Lolol,,, I still have to laugh at alot this user says..

Ps. The op has a valid point. What good is it if you are given everything, yet your body deteriorates and you end up dead?

Kind of a waste of time is it not?

Is it not more productive to earn eternal rewards whic will never fade away, then to live in prosperity on earth?? Where you can take nothing with you?
Yes prosperity emphasis is wrong and bad.
Prosperity itself is not. Heavens entire economy runs on prosperity