but the bible is full on funbelief
The people who walked with Jesus though most of his teaching days taught He was dead and went into hiding until he prooved He had risen. Not much faith there.
but the bible is full on funbelief
The people who walked with Jesus though most of his teaching days taught He was dead and went into hiding until he prooved He had risen. Not much faith there.
Wait a minute. I'm not trying to "deduce what God WILL do". I'm just observing what God SEEMS to be doing or NOT doing. I'm not deducing anything.
And again, you seem to be bringing up this common, defeatist, Charismatic refrain...that those of us who don't see miracles, it is because our "faith" isn't big enough. Somehow, we're failing God. We just don't measure up. God is not sufficiently pleased with us. We are in a doghouse. We are in the ghetto of the Christian community. The blowhards who get up in front of the congregation every Sunday with their phony claims and their phony stories...THEY are the ones whom God favors. Not miserable rejects like you and me.
My, what a lovely philosophy.
He doesn't do them for me (miracles). and I trust Him. There is much talk on this forum. Where is the man and woman who will pray in faith for me and my wife? They all dry up when I ask that.
I will pray for you, brother. What are you and your wife facing right now?
Thank you for your kindness,. My complaint was that those who boast most loudly about what God can do go quiet when I ask them to actually DO something.
My wife is seriously ill with Parkinsons disease and clinical depression. She is regularly chairbound, and has to be lifted up for the toilet, for bed and so on. It breaks my heart to see her.
Now I have serious back problems and a hernia.
I have brought both before the Lord earnestly, but He has not healed.
I would like someone with the gift of healing to intervene on our behalf.
My faith is strong, but apparently not strong enough,
Regarding the question in the Title........because many folks have become blinded to the wondrous works of God that occur each and every day.........I personally have seen more than a few miracles.......soooooooo
(my thoughts)
Thank you for your kindness,. My complaint was that those who boast most loudly about what God can do go quiet when I ask them to actually DO something.
My wife is seriously ill with Parkinsons disease and clinical depression. She is regularly chairbound, and has to be lifted up for the toilet, for bed and so on. It breaks my heart to see her.
Now I have serious back problems and a hernia.
I have brought both before the Lord earnestly, but He has not healed.
I would like someone with the gift of healing to intervene on our behalf.
My faith is strong, but apparently not strong enough,
[video=youtube;F55uFkMd420]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F55uFkMd420[/video]
BUT somebody has to have belief there -- either way. If the unbeliever doesn't, the believer does.
I don't agree. We can't stop God from working His miracles.
If one of us doesn't believe in miracles He moves on to someone else, somewhere else - just as we saw in the NT when Jesus healed and did miracles. Jesus even healed unbelievers who had no faith.
Nothing can stop God from working His will on this earth.
Dangit! I guess God just slipped when he healed me, the guy with gout, and hubby. Must have slipped out, because no one ever needs to not hurt. Why would God ever fix a booboo on one of his kids? They're already his kids. Reserve the fatted calf for the first century alone.Its because they have ceased with the completion of the Bible, and the deaths of the apostle age. 1 Corinthians 13 talks about this. Now that we have the complete Word of God we no longer need prophets to tell us what God says, and therefore we no longer need miraculous miracles to identify that they are truly from God.
"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when completion/perfection comes, what was incomplete/imperfect will disappear. But faith, hope, and love remain." In order for something to remain, it implies that something was taken away. What was taken away? Miraculous miracles. I know miracles are miraculous, but I say it that way because we still have faith "The prayer of a righteous man (or woman) does much good." Unexplainable things do happen- someone gets healed of cancer unexplainably, for example. But you will not find walking on water, controlling the weather for a long time, raising the dead, the blind or crippled instantly healed.
Miracles had a purpose, and that purpose has been fulfilled- it identified the prophets, the Christ, Christ's apostles, and the apostle age till the completion of God's Word to us. Jesus did not come here to feed everyone multiplying bread, or to be the most famous doctor on earth. He wants us to have problems- to test our faith and whether or not we respond with love. But how could we believe He is Who He says He is unless He can do things we cannot? - miracles and prophesy identified Him.
This is not true & cannot be proven by scripture.Its because they have ceased with the completion of the Bible, and the deaths of the apostle age. 1 Corinthians 13 talks about this. Now that we have the complete Word of God we no longer need prophets to tell us what God says, and therefore we no longer need miraculous miracles to identify that they are truly from God.
This scripture has been twisted. It means the completion of the Sons of God when we reach Heaven & see Jesus face to face, not the completion of the cannon. Notice it does not say anything of the completion of the NT. No scripture does."For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when completion/perfection comes, what was incomplete/imperfect will disappear. But faith, hope, and love remain." In order for something to remain, it implies that something was taken away. What was taken away? Miraculous miracles. I know miracles are miraculous, but I say it that way because we still have faith "The prayer of a righteous man (or woman) does much good." Unexplainable things do happen- someone gets healed of cancer unexplainably, for example. But you will not find walking on water, controlling the weather for a long time, raising the dead, the blind or crippled instantly healed.
This is utterly ridiculous. Every salvation of every soul is a miracle. My daughter was miraculously healed of a major infection where she was allergic to cats. My wife was miraculously healed from the final stages of glaucoma when she was a teenager. Several have walked out of hospitals due to prayer after the doctors gave up on them.Miracles had a purpose, and that purpose has been fulfilled- it identified the prophets, the Christ, Christ's apostles, and the apostle age till the completion of God's Word to us. Jesus did not come here to feed everyone multiplying bread, or to be the most famous doctor on earth. He wants us to have problems- to test our faith and whether or not we respond with love. But how could we believe He is Who He says He is unless He can do things we cannot? - miracles and prophesy identified Him.
I do understand it hurts more to see someone we love hurting than hurting ourselves. We'd do just about anything to stop our spouse from hurting.Thank you for your kindness,. My complaint was that those who boast most loudly about what God can do go quiet when I ask them to actually DO something.
My wife is seriously ill with Parkinsons disease and clinical depression. She is regularly chairbound, and has to be lifted up for the toilet, for bed and so on. It breaks my heart to see her.
Now I have serious back problems and a hernia.
I have brought both before the Lord earnestly, but He has not healed.
I would like someone with the gift of healing to intervene on our behalf.
My faith is strong, but apparently not strong enough,
Sometimes when we are asking for a yes, the response is no......here is where our wisdom is put to the test and we must accept the reply.
My own experience has been to thank God for all things, even things seemingly bad.good always comes from everything. It does for those who believe..